Patrick Stewart

Howie

A punter then a crew member told me Patrick will NOT be in MK during May and his website does not mention this at all but it does say he is doing MacBeth in the U.S. from early March to late May so it looks as though they could be right sadly.........

It was "hinted" to me by one of the stewards over the weekend that Parick was hopefully going to be at C13 for 3 days. I wouldn't worry just yet tho, just cuz "The Scotish Play" is running til late May doesn't mean Patrick will be in all of the shows. They could use an understudy for that weekend or something.

Edited by Charmer

It was "hinted" to me by one of the stewards over the weekend that Parick was hopefully going to be at C13 for 3 days. I wouldn't worry just yet tho, just cuz "The Scotish Play" is running til late May doesn't mean Patrick will be in all of the shows. They could use an understudy for that weekend or something.

Don't hold your breath.

Edited by Noddy

Don't hold your breath.

Agreed. If Patrick's there, brilliant. But I'm not expecting him to turn up. If he does, great - I'll be meeting him. But if not, I'm not going to be incredibly surprised.

I for one am going to be gutted if this is right.

Have we had an official announcement?

Maybe its better to wait until we do.

It suprises me how they always take so long to make an official announcement about these things, meanwhile people who don't go on the forums can still see he is coming if they look on the main collectormania home page...

Hope no-one makes any plans then finds out he has cancelled. If he hasn't fine, but if he has then someone should let people know ASAP..

Other events may be running, but 2/3 phonecalls do not take long to make at all, I know I'm the queen of phonecalls, especially mobile ones to my fiance...

:angel:

LLAP :D

It's not as easy as simply making a phone call.

Agents may not be in the office, travelling or something. Then they need to call back, that needs time.

Sometimes information needs to be verified because some guests may have a different person handling their convention appearances and it's not the same person who handles their movie commitments.

And last but not least if there's trouble ahead regarding an appearance, things may possibly be worked out by changing flights, changing appearance days over the week end and things like that.

All this is time consuming and not just a matter of minutes. :angel:

I have a feeling that Patrick Stewart is the new Val Kilmer as far as SM cons go.

Please explain? All I can remember about Val was that he had a stalker or something and therefore had to leave due to them being near by...

(Please correct me if I'm talking about the wrong person here)

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Val was meant to be at LFCC1 but cancelled due to commitments to promote Spartan.

He was then due at another LFCC later on but pulled out cos some idiot stalker followed him from the US and "freaked" him out thus ruining it for everyone - either that or Val was using it as plausible deniability.

He finally appeared at Autographica but didn't look up or even sign the whole thing in front of you so I heard.

Edited by nicky

he has cancelled :YAHOO:

eeek i saved up like 400 pounds mainly to get plenty of patrick stewart auto's this is so sad as he is the first star trek charecter i ever watched :D

i hope they get some other star trek guests to replace ones cancelled