EARTHQUAKE!

showmasters

There I was sat in my front room, watching the last minutes of SOTD on itv2. Lo and behold my house starts to shake.

The husband and I commented that it was the neighbour's fault as they are built like whales!!

But we tuned into Sky News and it was a genuine tremor!

St. Neots is roughly 100 miles away from the epicenter. Had I been in bed like I should've been at 0100 I would not have known anything about it due to my sleep inducing drugs.

I felt it over here in norfolk.

i was laying in bed half asleep watchin family guy, all of a suddon the house shook and my cd rack fell down. i got up, stood it back up and then got bak in2 bed and fell asleep. wen i woke up i thought it was a dream until i heard it on the radio. no-one else in my house felt it though.

I felt it in Manchester, well my mum did, she called me in asking if i felt anything. I didn't but i heard something that sounded like the wind was howling really loudly for a few seconds but i didnt feel anything. She said that things began shaking but i dissmissed her saying it was probably nothing but i go check the news and indeed it was an earthquake

• Showmasters Admin

Felt it in Gloucestershire but having been in a 7.4 one that killed 45,000 people I'm kind of asking myself how a small tremor can cause damage worth 10million pounds of insurance claims :D Can you say media hysteria?

In the scheme of things £10 million isn't that much.

Some people will have taken the opportunity to knock a vase of water into that old TV, or go outside and kick that wall over that's been leaning at an angle for 5 years.

Most of it will be legitimate claims though. Some people had their chimney fall through the house onto them :blink:

That kinda made me chuckle in a schadenfreunde type way.

5.3 on the Richter Scale, covers the whole country - One man gets injured. By a chimney, falling through his roof whilst he was asleep.

Just goes to show we're made of stern stuff us Brits :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

lol omg that next morning in the office my ego kinda got a battering cause that, saying yea feel the earth quake and that. well me n misses was well 18+ material so i just though... ya know till saw news was like oh damn lol nvm >.< :dance: