new guests to be announced on Monday 14th Jan for alot of the shows

showmasters

But Marsters is a repeat guest who's attended about three times now, he's hardly a surprise and only a big guest if you're into Buffy??

I dont think the big guest has actually been announced yet.

Edited by nicky

Sorry to be a bit ignorant, but who was the big name? :D

ditto unless it was for another SMs event, and not this one (unless you meant them all :D ) :D

:uhoh:

LLAP :(

I meant all of them, just decided to post here as it's the first forum.

But Marsters is a repeat guest who's attended about three times now, he's hardly a surprise and only a big guest if you're into Buffy??

I dont think the big guest has actually been announced yet.

I think it's the Autographica guests. They're major if you're into that kind of thing.

Spoke to Dave Phillips last night - the Astros are massive guests if you are a space fan....

I've no idea what the demand is like for those guests, but they aren't what I'd call 'Household names'? It's not like you could pick them out of a line-up unless you'd met them before!

I'd just like to see different terminology used by Showmasters.... instead of saying 'big', perhaps 'rare', 'popular' (to describe James Masters, who has been in two big genre shows, but has done several events) and 'historical'. Perhaps that way the server won't get melted again!

Ah but vagueness and calling it a "big guest" will generate buzz and excitement - people will speculate and the word will spread to the masses...look what it's done for Cloverfield - one of the most eagerly awaited movies of the past few months and no one hardly knows a thing about it.

Ah but vagueness and calling it a "big guest" will generate buzz and excitement - people will speculate and the word will spread to the masses...look what it's done for Cloverfield - one of the most eagerly awaited movies of the past few months and no one hardly knows a thing about it.

Yeah, but that only works if the end product is decent.... if people come away thinking 'was that it' about a guest announcement, then the buzz will turn negative. Likewise if Cloverfield is a big pile of ****, then it will struggle to pull in the mega-bucks that it'd make if the word of mouth of people who'd seen it was good.

I'd say Robert Englund is a pretty big name. Horror is a popular genre and he's well known to most people who follow it. Who you view as a big name celeb depends entirely on what shows/movies you are interested in.

He's got a pretty impressive CV because he was working with Tobe Hooper in the early days, his character in "V" was one of the most memorable, and he had many smaller roles before that in such films as St Ives starring Charles Bronson. Not to mention Freddy, one of the few big horror icons of recent times.

Ok, i'm into horror in a big way so maybe i'm biased slightly, but i have a photo on my wall of Rob holding one of my masks, and all visitors wether they are into horror or not always recognise him.

I'm really pleased we will be having him in Coventry, and i know a few others that are happy about it too.

I'd say Robert Englund is a pretty big name. Horror is a popular genre and he's well known to most people who follow it. Who you view as a big name celeb depends entirely on what shows/movies you are interested in.

He's got a pretty impressive CV because he was working with Tobe Hooper in the early days, his character in "V" was one of the most memorable, and he had many smaller roles before that in such films as St Ives starring Charles Bronson. Not to mention Freddy, one of the few big horror icons of recent times.

Ok, i'm into horror in a big way so maybe i'm biased slightly, but i have a photo on my wall of Rob holding one of my masks, and all visitors wether they are into horror or not always recognise him.

I'm really pleased we will be having him in Coventry, and i know a few others that are happy about it too.

You see, I'd describe him more as a 'popular' guest. He's been in a lot of films and always draws a pretty big vrowd, but as Nicky said, he's been to quite a few events.

Yeh, popular then if it helps :)

He's still a fairly big name in the film industry regardless, i know what you mean but just because he has attended a few of these events doesen't make him any less of a "big name" than he ever was.

He's still a busy actor who is never stuck for work and i think it's pretty refreshing to see someone attending these events who doesen't actually rely on them for income now.

I've met many guests at past events and it's always a pleasure. I've only ever met one who seemed to have an attitude problem, but sometimes you just get the feeling that certain guests are just there for the money. Anyone who has met Rob will tell you he is passionate about meeting his fans and you can see he really enjoys it.

I've been telling friends and aquaintances about this event since i heard about it and they all suddenly want to go now they know Rob is attending. Not many of them are really into the horror genre either.