what was the best tv show & film this year ?

showmasters

Film is probably transformers, because it must have been good, my partner liked it and he never likes anything.

I also thought the pursuit of happiness was good and so was hairspray.

I know that it doesn't air over here until the New Year, but I have seen the first 12 episodes of Season 3 of My Name Is Earl and I have to say that it is hilarious!!!

i am so jealous, I havnt even watched season 2 cuz im waiting for it to come out on dvd.

With Season 3 they have excelled themselves with where Earl is. The story in Season 2 leads on well from Season 1, and flows effortlessly into Season 3. You find out a lot more about Crabman in Season 3, and you won't stop laughing. And no, that isn't a spoiler, but rather an observation of the writer's developing what I feel is the best character in the show.

Oh i love crabman. Oh and Joy, she is sooooo good.

Crabman was dropped off in a van in season one y2k episode.

You find out more and more about Crabman, and it is great.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other favourites for me this year have been:

1. NCIS, Season 5 - Continues to be most excellent!!

2. Criminal Minds, Season 3 - Although I regularly watch Seasons 1 & 2 on Living and Virgin, even though I have seen them before.

3. Family Guy & American Dad - These two great animated series continue to push the boundaries in such a way that I am not shocked anymore. I just laugh until I cry.

Only got round to Transformers recently, and it definitely rocked.

I'll probably be the only person to say Hustle though ..... fantastic series, so good !

Nope, you're not the only one to say Hustle, because thats my favourite too (along with Lost of course! :hathor::borg: )

And for films, I really don't know, but all the suggestions (The Bourne Ultimatum, Die Hard 4.0, Stardust, Transformers and Ratatouille). Since I am such a huge film fan I don't think I could choose just one best film...I'll have to think about it :P

Edited by Laurenx

TV Series - Heroes

Film - Transformers

:YAHOO: :YAHOO:

Agreed.

PS3 and transformers here i come.

Transformers on the Wii is AMAZING!

oooooooo I wanna change my film of the year!

Went to see the chipmunks today, it ROCKED!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Tv show definetly Prison Break followed VERRRRRRRRRRRRY closley by Veronica Mars (my two fav shows OF ALL TIME)

Movie is either Death Sentence or Superbad. Proberly death sentence. I would have said Rocky Balboa as thats one of the greatst films of the past decade but it was actually released in 2006 in the states so thats what i'm going with :D

Best TV show has to go to Chuck - excellent blend of spy spoofing, mixed with other comedy and drama, and a really great cast with some decent guest stars too. Really impressed by it.

Film? I'm undecided. I'll think more.

i so thought that said chunk :YAHOO:

skins wins tv show

shrek 3 for film

why?

cause i say so ;)

Tv - House - Season 3 this year was as awesome as I always expect House to be, and The Riches - fantastic new show, quite messed up unusual storylines but blooming fantastic, well acted, full of twists, well recommend it!

Film - tricky one as films weren't too fabulous this year so I do not knowww! :\ I will ponder it!

Can we just confirm that the Transformers film people regard as the best of 2007 is the same Michael Bay one I was subjected to?? :dance:

Film of 2007; The Bourne Ultimatum. Proper film-making, never insulted the audience, great story, superb acting. Everything Transformers didn't have basically, lol.

Best TV show; I guess Heroes but I'm not really into TV serials and other wise I would have said Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, if that's allowed?

• 2 weeks later...

Best TV-show: Well, I watch a bunch of them and I think Heroes, Grey's Anatomy and Prison Break are great! But the best one for me has to be Supernatural

Best movie: Well I like 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' very much, so 'At World's End' was really one of my favourites this year. But my all time favourite this year was Stardust by far! This movie deserved so much more credit...

Tv - House - Season 3 this year was as awesome as I always expect House to be, and The Riches - fantastic new show, quite messed up unusual storylines but blooming fantastic, well acted, full of twists, well recommend it!

Film - tricky one as films weren't too fabulous this year so I do not knowww! :\ I will ponder it!

you only love it for the eddie :YAHOO:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...