1st Post Rare Doctor Who Guests

Mondasant63

As this Autographica is close to Doctor Who's 45th Anniversary next year I'd like to see some of the really rare actors, actresses and behind-the-scenes people attend this event.

Ideally I'd like to see Carole Ann Ford, Maureen O'Brien, Jackie Lane, William Russell, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Raymond Cusick and John Barrowman amongst others.

What about a master reunion - Eric Roberts, Derek Jacobi,John Simm, Anthony Ainley (is he still alive??) and I think there were several others between Delgado and Ainley??

Unfortunately Anthony like both Roger Delgado and Peter Pratt is no longer with us, the ones you missed were Geoffrey Beevers and Gordon Tipple and if you include Curse of the Fatal Death, Jonathon Pryce

As this Autographica is close to Doctor Who's 45th Anniversary next year I'd like to see some of the really rare actors, actresses and behind-the-scenes people attend this event.

Ideally I'd like to see Carole Ann Ford, Maureen O'Brien, Jackie Lane, William Russell, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Raymond Cusick and John Barrowman amongst others.

I couldn't agree more, I'd especially love to see Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant and John Barrowman.

With three companions next year, it would be a great time to gather David Tennant, Catherine Tate, Billie Piper & Freema Agyeman under one roof.

Supposedly their contracts prevent them doing conventions and the like, but HMV did get David and Freema in this month for a few hours.

John Barrowman did LF&CC last year. He seems to be rather busy of late though!

Edited by TerraHawk

I think John B and Kylie are touring next year, David Tennant is in the theatre and Ecclestone would be very hard to get as he is rumoured to hate these sort of occaisions.

I would come with my daughter and brother in law as they are big Dr Who fans. I would love to see Catherine Tate as she is prettier in real life, though a bit wary when approached understandably with nutters reciting "am I bothered" etc at her. (Not that I did that when I met her and asked for an auto, though she did look up with interest when I said my daughter and I already had met Billie Piper :blink: )

I support rare dr who guests! The only regulars from the series ive not met are Maureen O'Brien and Jackie Lane, who i'd love to meet.

Id also like to meet Caroline John, Jean Marsh and Lalla Ward again, amongst others.

As for new series guests, Dean Lennox Kelly, Derek Jacobi, Simon Callow, and Carey Mulligan instantly come to mind.

...and i'll throw in Ardal O'Hanlon and Richard Wilson as I love them from other shows as well :D

• 2 months later...

Supposedly their contracts prevent them doing conventions and the like, but HMV did get David and Freema in this month for a few hours.

They don't appear able to attend conventions and signing events while still in the show but if there's an event that will result in the sale of 300 DVD boxsets then the BBC will make the magnanimous decision to allow them to attend.

Cynical? Moi?

The annoying things with that signing were 1) it was on a weekday so I would have had to take time off work to go there, and 2) I wanted the limited edition box set with David and Freema on the cover, but that one was a Woolworths exclusive. I'm hoping they do subsequent signings which are less restrictive.

Edited by nosfer2

The annoying things with that signing were 1) it was on a weekday so I would have had to take time off work to go there, and 2) I wanted the limited edition box set with David and Freema on the cover, but that one was a Woolworths exclusive. I'm hoping they do subsequent signings which are less restrictive.

The boxset I bought from HMV at that signing had David & Freema on one side of the cover , on the other side was John & David.

DSCF0725.jpg

^ If you ever want to sell that, I'm an Ian, I didn't get mine dedicated :unsure:

In some ways the signing was a shambles, the tickets were all gone by 9am, and despite being a 'only signing DVD' event, you didn't even have to buy it - you could get any one thing signed. Even the guards outside were saying go and buy the set cheaper elsewhere :P The queues inside were poorly ran, but I doubt HMV were unhappy they still sold a lot. Could have sold a whole lot more though.