Gold Pass Goody Bags

Fry

I know this is the wrong place to write this but questions are being asked in the LFACC 07 section that are going unanswered. As this seems to be a current event and hopefully catches SM's eye, I thought I would post here.

As I was already told, these goody bags were going to be sent out after the show and as its been over two weeks, I was wondering what had happened to them as no one seems to have received them. I know the photos had to be sent out and this took time, but shouldnt the people who paid £175 for a ticket at least get priority? There was after all only a maximum of 50 of these to send out!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know where they have gone as well. I have emailed showmasters directly about this and so far have had no reply!

I think it's a little rich that they are slow to come up with the goods that we have paid for, and seem to be ignoring our requests for information. Don't forget we are also supposed to be getting a photo CD of the event. I doubt that will appear any time soon either. Not good customer service.

I would like to know where they have gone as well. I have emailed showmasters directly about this and so far have had no reply!

I think it's a little rich that they are slow to come up with the goods that we have paid for, and seem to be ignoring our requests for information. Don't forget we are also supposed to be getting a photo CD of the event. I doubt that will appear any time soon either. Not good customer service.

Thats bad, Gold Ticket Holders should be a priority to showmaster as they each spent £175 for a ticket, which is a lot of money for most people....

Wonder why its taken so long for you guys to get your goodie bags, as you said Doc Bones, its not good customer service, and its sure not a good when showmasters want people to buy Gold Tickets for there other events. It would certainly put me off if I was interested in a GT for Collectormania or the next LFACC...

:thumbup:

LLAP :uhoh:

the photo cd isnt exactly something im bothered about buts its not the point. i have nothing but respect for SM as they bring such top quality guests to us. but i must say it was slightly annoying when getting to london and only recieving a bone bare pack of autos and an id tag. the only goodies i got were from the sfx stand and i havent recieved an issue of that yet? any idea when the first one is getting sent out? :thumbup:

What annoys me the most is the lack of any type of response from showmasters. They had £350 of my money, but now that they have it, it seems I am not important anymore!

I emailed the ticket-line people initially and got a response back the same day. They said they were unable to answer my question as they only got involved in selling the tickets. They forwarded my email to the right department. When I heard nothing, I aslo emailed them.

Hello. Just a general response to some of the points as I have had 2 gold passes before.

The photo CDs always take months (2 to 3 normally) to be sent out.

The contents of the goody bag will likely be dissapointing (always have been before) but I agree that it sucks that we don't have them yet and haven't had any info.

I just sold my golden pass LOTR autographs for a total of £40 :-)

I was already a subsciber to SFX and I havent had this months edition yet - pretty sure its not out yet.

I doubt that showmasters sold more than 50 golden passes. i didn't see that many people at LF&CC with them. Also I think it would be ilegal to advertise something as limited numbers then selling more of them.

I doubt that showmasters sold more than 50 golden passes. i didn't see that many people at LF&CC with them. Also I think it would be ilegal to advertise something as limited numbers then selling more of them.

As it is just as ilegal to advertise items you should get for what you pay and not get them!

Hello. Just a general response to some of the points as I have had 2 gold passes before.

The photo CDs always take months (2 to 3 normally) to be sent out.

The contents of the goody bag will likely be dissapointing (always have been before) but I agree that it sucks that we don't have them yet and haven't had any info.

I just sold my golden pass LOTR autographs for a total of £40 :-)

I was already a subsciber to SFX and I havent had this months edition yet - pretty sure its not out yet.

you sold them for £40? wow! i should well plonk my star wars ones online though i dont know how many punters will get for a peter geddis on its own.. :D

I got the US TV ones and apart from Ian Somerhalder, I have NO idea who the others are, so I can't start selling them. They're not from any shows I watch so I don't even know where to start. If MSPG or whatever they're called had done proper certificates of authenticity with the names on, rather than photocopies with a number, then maybe I'd have someway of knowing who the heck these people are.

I got the US TV ones and apart from Ian Somerhalder, I have NO idea who the others are, so I can't start selling them. They're not from any shows I watch so I don't even know where to start. If MSPG or whatever they're called had done proper certificates of authenticity with the names on, rather than photocopies with a number, then maybe I'd have someway of knowing who the heck these people are.

You could look on their website. That might help you a with some if not all.

I found the same with my US TV selection. So I took them to the MSPG stall and explained I was disappointed so he agreed to swap them for me with any I wanted from the boxes. Result!

He also gave me a voucher for a free K9 autograph as he was signing on his stall on Saturday.

With regard to the autographs supplied to the gold pass holders, (Joss Whedon) I was a little disappointed but then I saw a stall with an Alan Tudyk auto'd photo and a couple of firefly trading cards nicely presented being sold for around £30 so there are opportunities for sell ons if required.

Wish I had gone to MSPG to state disappointment - I may have been able to swap Bonnie Bartlett for Mark Lutz.

Took your advice and phoned showmasters.

The goody bags are being dealt with by Andrea and she is on holiday till Monday. No-one else is dealing with it while she is away, so I'm afraid we have to continue waiting!!

I hope they make them worth while after all this!!

With regard to the autographs supplied to the gold pass holders, (Joss Whedon) I was a little disappointed but then I saw a stall with an Alan Tudyk auto'd photo and a couple of firefly trading cards nicely presented being sold for around £30 so there are opportunities for sell ons if required.

Wish I had gone to MSPG to state disappointment - I may have been able to swap Bonnie Bartlett for Mark Lutz.

I wish I'd known that we could have swapped them if we'd gone to the stall too :wub:

These are the 2 I can't identify at all, have no clue whatsoever. I did recognise my Ian Somerhalder one, and a friend identified a Lane Garrison one and a Penny Johnson one for me. I've been right through the MSPG site and can't identify these 2 at all.

mspgautographs002.jpg

mspgautographs001.jpg

If/when I decide to sell them, how do I explain the bizarre numbered certificates of authenticity? Every autograph I have has the same numbered sticker on the back and the 'certificates' are simply photocopies that don't have the celebrity's name on them so surely they're worthless as COAs?

thanks for that, 1 down, 1 to go :D

Yes the numbered stickers match the COAs but they all have the same numbers, all the stickers and all the COAs have the same numbers, so they're not unique in any way. The stickers themselves are just plain white stickers with numbers on, easy to duplicate, so not, in my opinion, worthy as proof of authenticity. Obviously I know they're authentic, but how can I prove that to any potential customer?

Yes it does resemble Sam Neill a bit, but I'm pretty sure it's not him. There's nothing to show how old the image is, all there is, is www.collectormania.com printed on the bottom left, so it's obviously a previous guest from there. And I've been through the previous guest photos on the collectormania site to see if it matches with anyone but I can't find a match :D

Edited by jael001

thanks for that, 1 down, 1 to go :D

Yes the numbered stickers match the COAs but they all have the same numbers, all the stickers and all the COAs have the same numbers, so they're not unique in any way. The stickers themselves are just plain white stickers with numbers on, easy to duplicate, so not, in my opinion, worthy as proof of authenticity. Obviously I know they're authentic, but how can I prove that to any potential customer?

You're welcome. :D

There goes my neat little theory about the COAs. ;)

The name MSPG is on the COA though? And the COA does mention the UACC?

If the name's on and the UACC is mentioned, it is still one of the better certificates compared to some I have seen on Ebay. ;)