OOTP Premiere

elwebb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The camping out in Leicester Square...the rain...the lack of sleep...the pushing...

Oh I feel the madness of GOF starting all over again!!...but can I really consider not going??!! As long as Devon's not there I'll be happy but hey its the only time he's allowed out on a school night so godda let him go really!!

I think with it being tuesday and not being the world premier it will improve the number of people that go.

Out of interest did anyone from here to the GOF prem?

I really wana go, but never been to a prem and its a bit far for me to go lol, What time would people start standing there??? and also any hotels close by?

Going on experience of the last one,you wont need a hotel if you want to see/meet anyone. its an all nighters im affraid which seems to be happening more and more recently with like likes of the potc prem, james bond and gof.

Blimey, All Nighters?

I've been to a few prem's over the years (Revenge of the Sith, Superman Returns & Return of the King being the biggest) and, as long as I was there around 10am it was OK, I got a good place. Is it really that bad for a 'Harry Potter' premiere?

Edited by sagart

Im considering going! I have a bit of a problem though...I know nothing about London. I need to be at a gig in Soho on the 30th June, but I want a hotel near L.Square for the premiere. Is soho easy to get to from L.Square? If not ill book two hotels and swap on the sunday :o

Im considering going! I have a bit of a problem though...I know nothing about London. I need to be at a gig in Soho on the 30th June, but I want a hotel near L.Square for the premiere. Is soho easy to get to from L.Square? If not ill book two hotels and swap on the sunday :YAHOO:

Elaine, the hotels right near Leicester Square will be stupid prices - catch me on MSN and I'll point in the direction of some good hotel sites, but if I were you I'd stay a bit further out and Tube in (it's a weekday so you'll have no problem with Tubes, and there are the night buses if it runs on til stupid o'clock)

I might be going. Although I got injuries at GOF I would love to go again. I had fun at the POTC-Dead Man's Chest prem and might see if the Potter prem will be better for being in warmer weather. Hopefully also better organised. I recommend the latest you need to get there is 6am. We may do an all nighter. It depends what trains we can get out of Manchester or if there are night coaches.

Where the last HP premieres held at weekends?

If so, this one might not be so crazy, so early. Also, aren't Primary schools in England still 'at School' in the first week of July?

i was a bit surprised it was on a tuesday this time i've bin to the last to n they were on sundays but like others have said with it being a weekday n kids still at school it might be slightly less crazy then last time

the other premieres have been on a sunday.

i was at the gof premiere. a few people did all nighters but the majority of the crowd didnt turn up untilk early on the day. i dont think there is any need to pull an al nighter, you will still get a spot if you are there early enough.

for those that have never been to a premiere, let alone a harry potter one, trust me when i say they can be hell. i feared for my life at the POA premiere, but i think it all depends on how they set up the barriers. if there is a huge amount of space behind you, you are likely to get a huge amount of people behind you too. GOF had several smaller areas so it wsnt so bad.

good luck to those that go. i'll be there too so feel free to say hey if you knwo who i am. lol.

=x=

it depends what time you get there with regards to leaving your spot. there is no way to tell what time, but they will let you into the barrier areas. after that i wouldnt recommend you move. until then you are generally in a line or mulling around an area and as long as someone stays behind you can usually nip off. we do food runs and stuff.

to be honest you just have to judge it on the day. every prem is different in that respect. if you tink you might not be able to get back. dont leave.

=x=

• 4 weeks later...

there's a youth hostel in piccadilly that's really close to leicester square. picadilly backpackers, google it it'll come up, it's really cheap so long as you don't mind sharing with people you don't know.

Premieres can be tough. I've done a few and had different experiences each one, they do differ! We'll be pulling an all nighter purely for the fun and the heck of it, but there isn't any need too. We've arrived at 10 before and been alright. But be warned, it will be massive. The hp madness and all that, and in all honesty I don't think it'll make any difference that it's a tuesday, kids aren't the issue at a premiere. It's people who push! :D

A premiere is what you make it. It's like a gig too, squished but the adrenaline gets you through! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to go to the Ootp premiere, but I have never been to one before and I am not too sure about whether it is worth going....

Every year I have always said, "Im going to the HP Premiere this year" and I never end up going... lol

I live in Staffordshire so it would be a bit of a journey to get there early and I dont know anyone going down.... Its such a headache deciding already ;) lol

I live in Bath so it's a couple of hours for me to get there, wiccawise21 lives in Grimsby so it's a trek and a half for her!

If you want to do it, do it. They're good fun, you meet lots of people, even if they're not famous we've always made friends with other fans.