Collectormania Your Views

mightymax

No one has started a thread like this yet so thought I would start the ball rolling.

I attended Friday got there quite early 8:30am and stayed until 12pm

As I was early I got to see all the guests I wanted straight away which was great! I met the following

LOUIS GOSSETT JR - Was very friendly and chatting with anyone a pleasure to meet

ERNIE HUDSON - Same as above also I knew he was a big bloke but he was bigger than I expected

MARCIA WALLACE - Well I wouldn't of expected her to look the way she did (hope that doesnt sound rude but anyone that meets her will realise what I mean) she was really nice also done a voice recording for my nephew for me to pass on so he can use it as a personlised ring tone great guest

WILLIAM DANIELS - Hmm I don't know if I caught at a bad time (well it was just before lunch) but he seemed not to happy didn't really greet you like all the other guests gave the impression he was just going through the motions. As I said maybe it was just me and I caught at a bad time after all he is human and we all get cheesed off at times.

**************************************************************************************

LANCE HENRIKSEN - I was going to get his autograph but I was doing it mainly for a photo with him but as he was doing no posed photos I changed my mind (I have already got his autograph on a Aliens vs Predator poster from another event)

I was talking to a few stall holders and they mention how quite it was and I had thought the same usually when I arrive there are plently of people about but it didn't seem as busy as usual. I guess Saturday and Sunday well be rammed!!!

All in all I had a great morning I thank SM and all the Crew members for putting in such hard work and giving up there free time to enable people like myself and all the others that attend these events MANY THANKS!

PS Too Tall I spotted you up by Ernie Hudson I knew from your nick name on here you was a big bloke but JESUS YOU ARE FRIGGIN TALL

Disneydude - spotted you as well I went to say hi but you looked busy so I thought it was best to let you get on with it. Although you don't remember me! LOL WWE signing at Woolworths in Birmingham you couldn't attend so I had your ticket and got you the Victoria autograph and we chatted at Autographica as well (just to jog your memory pal! LOL)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday's have always been the quietest days at past Collectormania's. I personally didn't meet any guests today, but spent a fair amount of time at the MSPG stall getting some signed photos from previous events. Mick's brother (that's how he referred to himself) was really helpful and spent a fair amount of time sifting through a boxful of LOTR sigs to help me find just what I was after - so if he or anyone involved with MSPG logs on here - a HUGE thank you for the help and patience provided!

I've got to get Ian, Maggie, George, David and Sam Anderson tomorrow (would have got Sam's today if I had know my Girlfriend want him to sign the Lost DVD as well!!), and then I'll be meeting Deep Roy, Paul Brooke and Kenny Baker (for the umpteenth time!) on Sunday!

It was nice moseying about the place today - got a chance to look at some of the stalls and have a think about who I really want to try and meet on Sat and Sun!

sorry to say this but later in the day it appears that lance was posing for photos, unfortunately i had attended earlier also so missed this.

Always just chance it and ask, somtimes it is worth it :rolleyes:

memeganandlance.jpg

Amazing pic Bohan !! Well done !

And Megan looks really gorgeous !

How I wish I could be there tomorrow :YAHOO:

Megan Gallagher's still as attractive as she was in Millennium. Glad to read that she was nice in person. Thanks for posting the picture above, giving a preview for what it's like (saying it again - I haven't been to a Collectormania before).

What are Elizabeth Rohm, Lance Guest, Kate O' Mara, Richard Brooker and Peter Graves like in person?

Some questions:

1.) Did Megan Gallagher have pictures of her in just Millennium, or are there some from Nowhere Man?

2.) With Peter Graves, are there pictures from both Mission: Impossible and Airplane!?

3.) Lance Guest - are there pictures of him from Halloween II?

Edited by SunSpeed

Andrew Divoff was a really good guest, chatted with a people, posed for photo's and was really nice. I did manage to sdtop myself dry humping his leg however, so i may have come off as a LITTLE standoffish, didnt phaze him one bit. A fully recomended guest in every way. A person i WOULD be happy to introduce to my mother, and im fairly certain she would be CHARMED by him.

Went friday 12 till 4:

Ernie Hudson- Fantastic guest. Chatted about Ghostbusters 3 and how everyone wants to do it apart from Bill Murray! The guy doesn't seem to have aged at all, he looks just like he did in Ghostbusters 2. Happy to pose for a pic.

Juliet Landau- Fantastic guest. Chatted about Buffy TV movies (none anytime soon!) and how a Spike/Dru spin-off was discussed after their 1st appearance in season 2. Happy to pose for a pic.

Louis Gossett Jr- Good guest. Couldn't think of a good question to ask, so we didn't chat much. He was polite though and seemed to be happy to be meeting people. Happy to pose for a pic.

Peter Graves- Great guest. Again couldn't think of an original question, but he made an effort and we breifly chatted about Aaron Spelling! Again seemed happy to be meeting people and to be there. Happy to pose for pic.

William Daniels- Good guest. Briefly chatted about how KITTs voice was originally supposed to be robotic, didn't seem overly pleased to be there (jetlag maybe). Happy to pose for a pic (although he doesn't look happy in it!!!)

Clayton Watson- Great guest. Chatted for a bit about his 14 months on set and how he "had too much fun" making the films. Asked how long i was attending the show and how aussies like a drink! Happy to pose for a pic. PS and he's only a tenner!

To be continued (am going Sunday as well).........

Met Alice Krige, Maggie Grace and Amber Benson. All were freindly, chatty and posed for pics! Also met David Wenham, it was a bit rushed but i got a few words and a handshake.

C10= :D;):lol:

Edited by A007

I've here all weekend, and am fed up of my own company - hahah!

I arrived about 12 ish on Friday - which overall was a quiet day as usual. I met a few friday:

Williams Daniels - i'm a big 'boy meets world' fan - and this is why i met him - i'm was a tad sad there was no boy meets world shots, but i just got a posed pic. Apart from not understanding my accent (english obv) to spell my name, he seemed nice, just perhaps a bit bored. Bonnie corrected him on my name! haha

I cant remember what days i met everyone, so ill just list as im running out of time!

I met bonnie barlett today - altho i chose a stargate photo when i dont care about stargate cos im stupid. She was very nice and was also in bo meets world. not that im obsessed. She was rally friendly and happy to pose for a pic and let me take one of her and william and one of me and the two of them (altho williams face is hilariously bored!! haha)

I met Mark Lurtz who was very sweet and im sure made me go all red (not hard) despite the fact that i dont fancy me or anyting. he commented on my whale pendant and my t shirt and we chatted for a few minutes and made me pleased i met him

sam anderson was again REALLY nice - and i wanted to call him ber-NARD cos that amuses me, but i didnt. i thought about afriends qupte but i chickend out. really great guy!

running out of time now - juliet - REALLY NICE, really friendly. and amber - met her twice so far and got photo shoot in a bit - SO SO nice. oh just so nice. might go into more detail in an amber topic - as there is sure to be one!

I was going to meet Elisabeth rohm - no posed pics put me off - i thought bout it yerterday and today but didnt. i met bonnie instead who i wasnt planning on meeetng.

thanks for all the crew who've taken pics for me.

1min left - time to go!!

Had a great day as always, met Mark Lutz, Elizabeth Rohm, Sam Anderson, Ian Somerhalder and Juliet Landau and was with my sister when she met David Wenham too! Everyone we met was as always lovely and chatty and very happy to be here, we had photos with everyone apart from David Wenham but that was ok! Thanks sm for a wonderful day! :D

It was my first Collectormania and I had a good time today. Enjoyed it despite some reservations. I'll come to those in a bit. The guests I saw (I managed to see everyone I wanted to see, and the crew there were very helpful in pointing out where to go) :

Kate O' Mara - Very nice. She must know the Midlands very well as she asked me about it.

William Daniels - Alright. Not one of my favourite guests. Seemed bored.

Peter Graves - Seemed more interested than William Daniels. I talked to him briefly about Mission: Impossible and Airplane!

Juliet Landau - My favourite guest definitely. She was a few minutes late after her lunch break but I decided to wait a bit longer rather than coming back later. Glad I did. She was very friendly and talkative. Asked where I came from. Had a picture taken with her. She told me a bit about her appearance in Millennium. I had to have the head and shoulders photo of Juliet from Angel. Couldn't find an 8x10 photo around the stalls.

Louis Gossett Jr - A good guest. I don't know if he was in a rush or not. I was the last person before he had a break I think. Spoke to him briefly about some of his films.

Richard Brooker - He was intimidating (as well as his assistant). I think he was trying to sell copies of Friday the 13th Part 3 (the "European version" as he called it. Well it was likely the R2 version). I mentioned the Paramount boxset and said something basically saying I wasn't getting it yet. I also said I haven't seen Part 3 yet. He asked why and I said it's not shown on the TV much, and when it is I haven't seen it. This was when he showed the R2 DVD of Part 3.

Burt Kwok - An okay guest. Seemed bored to me. I went and saw him after he got up for a break. Said how I liked the Pink Panther Strikes Again the most. I think he said it was very funny (can't remember now).

Marcia Wallace - Cliched but she wasn't like how I thought she looked, with the spiky red hair! Once I heard the voice though, it was familiar.

Elizabeth Rohm - My other favourite guest. Wish I could have spoken to her longer and had my picture taken with her at the guest table. Very friendly, talkative and seemed interested in what I was saying.

Megan Gallagher - Nice guest. Her female assistant was intimidating though. I think she was trying to get me to have two signatures!

Lance Guest - Third of my three favourite guests who I saw today. Very talkative and friendly. Seemed understanding when I said it's difficult to think of something to say to them which they haven't heard before.

My reservations. The signing areas and stalls need to be in a much bigger area like at another signing event I've been to. Secondly it was too hot. It really needed air-conditioning. You're sweating buckets going round. I feel like I was being off-putting when going to speak to the guests.

Edited by SunSpeed

It was my first Collectormania and I had a good time today. Enjoyed it despite some reservations. I'll come to those in a bit. The guests I saw (I managed to see everyone I wanted to see, and the crew there were very helpful in pointing out where to go) :

Kate O' Mara - Very nice. She must know the Midlands very well as she asked me about it.

William Daniels - Alright. Not one of my favourite guests. Seemed bored.

Peter Graves - Seemed more interested than William Daniels. I talked to him briefly about Mission: Impossible and Airplane!

Juliet Landau - My favourite guest definitely. She was a few minutes late after her lunch break but I decided to wait a bit longer rather than coming back later. Glad I did. She was very friendly and talkative. Asked where I came from. Had a picture taken with her. She told me a bit about her appearance in Millennium. I had to have the head and shoulders photo of Juliet from Angel. Couldn't find an 8x10 photo around the stalls.

Louis Gossett Jr - A good guest. I don't know if he was in a rush or not. I was the last person before he had a break I think. Spoke to him briefly about some of his films.

Richard Brooker - He was intimidating (as well as his assistant). I think he was trying to sell copies of Friday the 13th Part 3 (the "European version" as he called it. Well it was likely the R2 version). I mentioned the Paramount boxset and said something basically saying I wasn't getting it yet. I also said I haven't seen Part 3 yet. He asked why and I said it's not shown on the TV much, and when it is I haven't seen it. This was when he showed the R2 DVD of Part 3.

Burt Kwok - An okay guest. Seemed bored to me. I went and saw him after he got up for a break. Said how I liked the Pink Panther Strikes Again the most. I think he said it was very funny (can't remember now).

Marcia Wallace - Cliched but she wasn't like how I thought she looked, with the spiky red hair! Once I heard the voice though, it was familiar.

Elizabeth Rohm - My other favourite guest. Wish I could have spoken to her longer and had my picture taken with her at the guest table. Very friendly, talkative and seemed interested in what I was saying.

Megan Gallagher - Nice guest. Her female assistant was intimidating though. I think she was trying to get me to have two signatures!

Lance Guest - Third of my three favourite guests who I saw today. Very talkative and friendly. Seemed understanding when I said it's difficult to think of something to say to them which they haven't heard before.

My reservations. The signing areas and stalls need to be in a much bigger area like at another signing event I've been to. Secondly it was too hot. It really needed air-conditioning. You're sweating buckets going round. I feel like I was being off-putting when going to speak to the guests.

the temperature would be something out of showmasters control i reckon - as its centre MK that deals with that. I didnt think it was too hot really. I like MK cos even in may and oct i dont need to walk around in a jacket and have bulky thing sin my photos!

by far the worst collectormania event now more crew than autograph collectors do these people get payed? :wub: if so sack em!!! they didnt have a clue if you asked them anything they said dunno ile have to ask someone in charge :wub: they were like darleks going around dunno dunno dunno :cylon: these organisers should get more profesional instead of dunno dunno dunno :poki:

have you ever tried it? i've not - but imagine it's not as easy as it looks.

I dont think everyone is perfect who crews, but most people i've dealt with have been helpful and friendly.