Hungry for that really BIG guest announcement

A007

Who would have thought it ? A NEWBIE slagging C10, rumouring cancellations and plugging rivals .... all in there first post ! Have you ever met guardianofthecookiejar ?

i was actually thinking of another, older member.

but lets face it, there's always going to be scaremongerers. and some ppl do lurk for a long time before joining - then think it funny to hop on the bandwagon.

eh. sad lives, but then it takes all sorts i suppose.

plus they're known for RD alone, most of them (craig also known for RW)

i'm sure they've done other stuff, but their main peice of work is a cheap little scifi show....well, they're not the hugest :(

How dare you overlook Chris Barrie's lead role in comedy masterpiece "The Brittas Empire"! ;)

Actually if you wanted an interesting (certainly funny) reunion, get Chris Barrie and a load of the other people who did voices for Spitting Image. How's that for a collection of comic talent?!

SI - tv show or game?

i still have the old amstrad cpc 464 version lying around somewhere.... :o

although BE is something i can't say i've ever seen... :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, Admiral Bear is now "defiant" - they've logged his IP. I have a feeling these two are rivals.....

i myself have used more than 3 names on this forum - and not all have been using the same IP adresses.

internet cafes and libraries are 2 points of access which are relatively untraceable.

hence, the occasional, small-time alias can easily be used for the hell of it. :o

this show going??

maybe as ive been informed of some well established trade stands not attending the show for the 1st time ever!!

maybe they know more then us punters do.

lastman

or maybe they've other commitments, or want time off, and reckon that they're not gonna make as much cash themselves.

but of course, if its legit info, you can give out their contact details for us to enquire ourselves ;)

email, website, and phone numbers are all useful thnking you :D

of course, like us punters, they could also be speculating and you might have gotten the wrong end of the stick. only time will tell i suppose.

plus they're known for RD alone, most of them (craig also known for RW)

i'm sure they've done other stuff, but their main peice of work is a cheap little scifi show....well, they're not the hugest :(

How dare you overlook Chris Barrie's lead role in comedy masterpiece "The Brittas Empire"! ;)

Actually if you wanted an interesting (certainly funny) reunion, get Chris Barrie and a load of the other people who did voices for Spitting Image. How's that for a collection of comic talent?!

SI - tv show or game?

i still have the old amstrad cpc 464 version lying around somewhere.... :o

although BE is something i can't say i've ever seen... :D

Are we completely disregarding his role in Tomb Raider?? Admittedly it wasn't the biggest role in the films but its are still well worth mentioning.

I have to say I loved the Brittas Empire (as cheesy as it was!!!) and I've heard some of his Spitting Image stuff, he is a damn fine impressionist.

Edited by Magenta_Jan

Iv not read through this thread But i want to say iv been going to Milton Keynes since C5 and I think the guest lists are going downhill :thumbup: I keep coming to the events because I love them but we need another C7! the guests were amazing that time. Not got an autograph for 3 shows now and I wanna spend some money!!

Ive been wanting to go to them every year since i found out about them since Collectormania 5 but couldnt afford them until i attended Collectormania7 and i think all of them have been brilliant line ups ever since, hoping to attend Collectormania10 defo going to CGmex2.

Just saying every one of Collectormania's guests have been excellent ever since they started the events from Collectormania1

• Moderators

Iv not read through this thread But i want to say iv been going to Milton Keynes since C5 and I think the guest lists are going downhill :huh: I keep coming to the events because I love them but we need another C7! the guests were amazing that time. Not got an autograph for 3 shows now and I wanna spend some money!!

Guest lists going downhill, or simply not related to what you're interested in? :thumbup:

How dare you overlook Chris Barrie's lead role in comedy masterpiece "The Brittas Empire"! :huh:

SI - tv show or game?

There's a Spitting Image game?!?! Wonders will never cease.

I was referring to the TV series, where he did voices along with a few other names you may recognise:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086807/

although BE is something i can't say i've ever seen... :thumbup:

Ran for most of the '90s. Barrie played Gordon Brittas, sort of a latter-day Basil Fawlty in charge of a leisure centre. Not brilliant, but pretty decent as sitcoms go.

Iv not read through this thread But i want to say iv been going to Milton Keynes since C5 and I think the guest lists are going downhill :huh: I keep coming to the events because I love them but we need another C7! the guests were amazing that time. Not got an autograph for 3 shows now and I wanna spend some money!!

Guest lists going downhill, or simply not related to what you're interested in? :thumbup:

Nott for me but iv heard quite a few others saying the same thing. SMs keep getting repeat guests or guests all from one show, they dont seem to have a huge variation they used to :D

I've still to meet a few of the Red Dwarf people, like Chris Barrie and Craig Charles. I'd also love to meet Danny John-Jules and Robert Llwellyn again, since I met them on the first day of my first con and should have said so much more! :thumbup:

Agreed

• Moderators

Nott for me but iv heard quite a few others saying the same thing. SMs keep getting repeat guests or guests all from one show, they dont seem to have a huge variation they used to :huh:

Hmm I'm interested in why you see them getting repeat guests or guests all from one show ..

William Daniels - Knight Rider & Boy Meets World

Peter Graves - Airplane, Mission: Impossible, Stalag 17

Sam Anderson - Lost & Angel

Bonnie Bartlett - Firefly & SG1

Lindsay Crouse - Buffy (First signing over here!)

William Sanderson - Blade Runner & Deadwood

John Levene - Dr Who (Rare outside of conventions apparently)

Beatie Edney - Highlander

Helen Slater - Supergirl

Marcia Wallace - Simpsons

Alex Vincent - Child's Play

Laurence Luckinbill - Star Trek V

Clayton Watson - Matrix

Lance Guest - The Last Starfighter & Halloween 2

David Collings - Sapphire + Steel & Monkey (UK) & Dr Who

Jeff Yagher - V & ST: Voyager & Six Feet Under

Megan Gallagher - Millennium

Lance Henriksen - Aliens & Millennium (Not repeat at SM event)

Ernie Hudson - Ghostbusters (Not repeat at SM event)

Andrew Divoff - Wishmaster (Not repeat at SM event)

Amber Benson - Buffy (Not repeat at SM event)

Juliet Landau - Buffy & Angel (Not repeat at SM event)

Adam Baldwin - REPEAT (Did LFACC)

Vernon Wells - REPEAT (Did LFACC)

James Bond reunion I would assume most if not all are either repeat or non-rare ones, but I'm not a Bond collector so I can't comment too much.

Now it's easier for me to analyse this particular line-up rather than SM events as a whole, that'd take forever. I can't say that what I've put is 100% right, but the ones towards the bottom have either been at other events fairly recently, or at SM events. Not everyone goes to all events so it's often worth getting ones even if they have been elsewhere.

There may not be a lot for you or other attendees but I certainly see it as a varied line-up with lots of different shows/movies covered. There's a lot of guests that wouldn't be obvious ones to be requested but have been in a lot!

As for getting them from the same shows or whatever - conventions/signing events have been getting Star Trek and Star Wars guests for YEARS, but this is because they are always successful as they have very loyal fan bases. Now I believe this is the case for more recent fandoms like Buffy/Angel, Stargate/Atlantis, Lost to a certain extent, and definitely Firefly as a most recent example. So I understand why they'd get guests from them. 'Cult' shows/movies are the popular ones with a lot of attendees, and that's certainly what we've got.

Have there been better line-ups? I'd say yes, but then ones I thought were amazing might have been bad for others! So yeah ... can't say this is the best line-up for me either but there's definitely a lot there :thumbup:

In response to the statement concerning the Location of Collectormania's i have personally found Milton Keynes to be the more preferable location. Even though Manchester is far closer i have found the MK centre and the people of Milton Keynes to be a much friendlier place to visit. I know this will probably upset a lot of Mancunians but i am only expressing my personal opinion and views. As for the guest lists and as i have mentioned earlier in this post i have found "personally" it to be the weakest line up to date. Im sure there are guests that will for some be an essential "meet". This year i will be saving my money, my travel lodge is already cancelled and i hope that CM11 will blow my socks off.... from a personal viewpoint of course.

C10 has five guests that have been in Buffy or Angel so I ain't complaining.

As for a BIG guest I dream of seeing Sarah Michelle Gellar or Evan Rachel Wood, but then I wake up :YAHOO:.

Ofcourse I believe dreams can come true

Can't believe folks are dreaming that Craig Charles etc might get to MK. How far is MK from Brum? try the show there, (no names), they're almost there as often as the organisers..

Btw from the photos on wireimage.com, the guestlist for that memorab... show looked awful!

Possibly some of the big dealers are shunning CM because online operations bring in better prices/trade than the occasional bargain basement 'We sell cheapest in MK! (just don't look next door)' signs that are starting to show.

Maybe Anthony Stewart Head might bring Matt and Dave along (for 1 day only, course...) Should make the Hobbits two day love-in look like a walk in the park...

• Showmasters Admin

Who would have thought it ? A NEWBIE slagging C10, rumouring cancellations and plugging rivals .... all in there first post ! Have you ever met guardianofthecookiejar ?

I agree with you mate and this thread is just used to bring up unfair points about guests cancellations how badly we run events ect ect it has been up hear for days now and nothing good is coming from it .

just giving stress to newbees who do not know Showmasters to be good people

I wish rival events would spend more time on running there events and less time trashing this event so I am now closing this thread down

sorry to the real posters on here but if you come on here often then you know we do the best we can and do not lie about guests

Jason joiner Showmasters