Who to replace Dreyfuss with?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaws being one of my all time favourite films, the only person who could replace Richard Dreyfuss is Roy Scheider but thats not going to happen.....

I went out and bought the special edition Jaws the other day and had a massive print done. Scheider would be a good one.

Does it really matter if they don't find a replacement?

C'mon, Showmasters have already dazzled us with plenty of good guests.

I think they've outdone what they did at London last year by a good distance so I'm still happy as long as no other stars cancel.

Well to me it doesn't have to be a big name. I wouldn't mind it being two actors who I'd likely see than it being one. Yeah two actors who're relatively big instead of putting the money all into getting one big name.

From the themes so far. Star Wars, Stargate, Lost, etc...

Edited by Stevie79

Richard Dean Anderson would be my choice - although that is really out of the question......anyone from SG1 or SG Atlantis would make me happy.....

But yes, it's already a good line up even if no one else comes in

Considering it'll be such short notice, it'll have to be someone who's in the country at the time.

I know Ian McKellen is.

its possible though to have someone who isn't in the country. sure, flights will be a bit more expensive, but so? if the guest is free, and wants a bit of extra cash, they might be willing :P

Burt Reynolds is likely. Not sure where I heard it but doesn't he need the money?

See, shouldn't have turned down the part of Han Solo all those years ago. Look where Harrison is now.

I've completely given up on RDA. Yes I know he's here in November but no personal items being signed so I'm not prepared to pay the money for that.

Edited by Stevie79

No-one can replace the mighty Dreyfuss!

Seriously - I'd like to see another veteran actor - although I'm not fussed about Burt!

Burt is a legend. Cant believe I missed him before.

I agree you cant replace Dreyfuss really but at least they can have a go.

"BBB!!!!!!!!!!!!" (bring back Burt) lol :D

Would be nice to see someone new so i'm not going to say someone whos been before but an actor like Charlton Heston. I know he does events in the USA

Does or did?

Since he announced in late 2002 that he had symptoms compatible with Alzheimers, and stood down as NRA President in April 2003, I don't believe that he's done much in the way of public appearances. A quick search of the net for recent (this year) reports suggest anything from him being in a quiet retirement and just seeing friends and family only, to being in the advanced stage of his disease and unable to communicate, walk or eat unaided.

I don't think he's an option.

"Burt is a legend. Cant believe I missed him before."

Aw, didn't realise you missed him the first time. I saw him twice that day, I had to through as photogirl with someone else, and he's very 'charming' with the ladies. Lingering hands, pressed up right up close etc. I was waiting for some of his orange-ness to rub off on my face :D