Ring Con UK

What we have in Germany and what you sure can expect at another show UK

- Guest star Q & A

- Autograph sessions

- Photo ops

- another show merchandise

- Fan panels

- Workshops

- Concerts (we make sure to bring those Kick Ass Schelmish boys over)

- Medieval Market with firedances, jugglers and more

- Fanvideos, Musicvideos

- Gaming Zone

- All of the convention will be LotR themed decorated

- Costume Contest

- Stage- and Playshows from our Celebrities

- and most imporant in the evenings

PARTYYYYYYY!!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Marc and Dirk!

This is great news! There is only one logical place to hold this event - and that is BIRMINGHAM! The facilities in the city are great, and of course there are many locations there which inspired JRRT. To include a bus tour of these places would be fantastic, e.g Sarehole Mill, Perrots Folly and the water tower and the various houses he lived in as a kid - they are all still there.

Excuse me if I am taking coals to Newcastle and this is already in the pipeline, but Brum all the way!

:poki:

Edited by Hobbit_of_Dorsetshire

Hello Marc and Dirk!

This is great news! There is only one logical place to hold this event - and that is BIRMINGHAM! The facilities in the city are great, and of course there are many locations there which inspired JRRT. To include a bus tour of these places would be fantastic, e.g Sarehole Mill, Perrots Folly and the water tower and the various houses he lived in as a kid - they are all still there.

Excuse me if I am taking coals to Newcastle and this is already in the pipeline, but Brum all the way!

:poki:

I like the Birmingham and bus tour ideas a lot. I've been to some of the places from Tolkiens life and I bet lots of fans would like to see them too.

The Trek cons in US sometimes have a bus tour of Trek locations, so having a Tolkien one here would be fantastic.

Ring Con in Germany is world renowned, the best LoTR convention in Europe, with a huge reputation to live up to, with guests, parties, costume balls, live music, signings and photo ops all under the “Eye of Sauron’s†control, celebrating the LoTR trilogy in Middle Earth style. Now we’re teaming up with its German organisers to bring you Ring Con UK….

Lots more to come.

HAIL, SHOWMASTERS. HAIL, FELLOW LOTR-DEVOTEES.

Wondrous tidings!

Truly do the Valar smile upon us. For too long a time all seemed lost. I loitered Elvishly in my chambers, alone and pale. What ails thee? I hear you ask (I'm nursing an abscessed tooth). At 1am a hobbit-loving messenger arrived bearing heart-gladdening news (Faye sent me a text). I immediately called her and sacrificed my last seven quid of credit enthusing about LOTR cons, the tortuous, mind-numbing agony of the past week briefly forgotten...

All too soon Virgin interrupted to announce that I had 24p left.

E'en so, I cannot regret making that call.

another show UK.

YAHOO. YIPPEE. HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!

Pauline XX

Edited by orlandopassion

Hellllllllloooooooooooooo UNITED KINGDOM!! It took me 11+ years to find my way around Germany and now I gotta break in a brand new country? DAMMIT!!!!

Anyway, I'm one of those guys in the picture with Jason. The guy near the end..the guy with the....you know...I'm the one with the air guitar...the massive......uh....hmmm...I'M THE BLACK GUY!!!!!! Dammit!!!

Nonetheless, another show Germany is proud to be a part of SHOWMASTERS and SHOWMASTERS is definitely proud to be a part of another show Germany!!!

img103.jpg

Lando Calrissian :vader::YAHOO::vader:

Edited by Skylover

Congratulations! ;)

This is great news, was somehow thinking of breaking the another show cherry in Germany this year in but you've gone and brought it over! That's what I call inspired :P (and great timing for me lol)

Whether it's in Birmingham, MK, *cough* London or Bognor Regis, I'm looking forward to legendary shenanigans already! :P

Along with Elijah and Mark, we have added these guests for our another show 2006 show in Fulda, Germany in November

Craig Parker

Shane Rangi

Jed Brophy

HOORAHH!!! finally another announcement...we were starting to get worried. I know you probably can't answer this but any ideas if they are trying to get david wenham to come over after cancelling...he was my reason for the treck from the uk to find out 3 days before :unsure: to say i was upset was an understatement. *keeps fingers crossed*

We've assesed over the years that 80% of another show attendees come to another show for another show. It's only that small percentage that arrive to see a specific actor then blame it on the organizers for not holdiong a gun to an actor's head to fulfill his contract. :uhoh:

I'm not berating you Aragorn's Daughter, nor am I saying that's how you feel about us but I've discovered that we are not the ones to question when an actor all of a sudden says to us, "Uh...look, Marc...something came up and I won't be able to make it to...uh, what's the name again, OH YEAH, RingMeeting. Sorry to disappoint but that's life." :unsure:

We're just as mad as you are and have experienced our fair share of cancellations over the years. What we prefer our attendees to nuture is the comradeerie, the excitement, the thrills and the parties a another show provides and if you put yourself into that mode of acceptance before deciding to spend massive amounts of money to get to us, a guest cancellation will not hurt you as much as it obviously did, as 80% of our attendees has learned to do. another show is about more than just an actor as was THE LORD OF THE RINGS. another show provides an outlet for the expressions and atmospheres JRR Tolkien...blah, blah, blah.

We do our best and we control no one. Contracts have stipulations in them and protection for both parties but I'll tell you a little secret: Try sueing. The expense alone just to get back at an actor for backing out of an appearance contract is not worth it and eventually your name becomes MUD in this industry when trying to hire guests again. I know. It's not fair and why should we put up with that sort of crap. Why? Because of people like you. You want it and we try to provide it. Thus: another show!!! ;):clap::clap:

Wow...you wouldn't believe how many times I've had to tell this story. Luckily it's been under 10 times.

Edited by FEDCON MC

one question, just thought of it, i know its probably gonna seem rude so apologies if it does.

whats standard pricing scheme for another show?

(not, what is it expected to be - i realise that costs for the UK are likely a bit different from germany, even without the exchange rate :unsure: )

just bein curious

We've assesed over the years that 80% of another show attendees come to another show for another show. It's only that small percentage that arrive to see a specific actor then blame it on the organizers for not holdiong a gun to an actor's head to fulfill his contract. ;)

I'm not berating you Aragorn's Daughter, nor am I saying that's how you feel about us but I've discovered that we are not the ones to question when an actor all of a sudden says to us, "Uh...look, Marc...something came up and I won't be able to make it to...uh, what's the name again, OH YEAH, RingMeeting. Sorry to disappoint but that's life." :lol:

We're just as mad as you are and have experienced our fair share of cancellations over the years. What we prefer our attendees to nuture is the comradeerie, the excitement, the thrills and the parties a another show provides and if you put yourself into that mode of acceptance before deciding to spend massive amounts of money to get to us, a guest cancellation will not hurt you as much as it obviously did, as 80% of our attendees has learned to do. another show is about more than just an actor as was THE LORD OF THE RINGS. another show provides an outlet for the expressions and atmospheres JRR Tolkien...blah, blah, blah.

We do our best and we control no one. Contracts have stipulations in them and protection for both parties but I'll tell you a little secret: Try sueing. The expense alone just to get back at an actor for backing out of an appearance contract is not worth it and eventually your name becomes MUD in this industry when trying to hire guests again. I know. It's not fair and why should we put up with that sort of crap. Why? Because of people like you. You want it and we try to provide it. Thus: another show!!! ;):clap::clap:

Wow...you wouldn't believe how many times I've had to tell this story. Luckily it's been under 10 times.

I can certainly say on behalf of Ellie (Aragorns_Princess) that when she said she was disappointed with David Wenham's cancellation, that she didn't mean it in terms of being angry with the organisers, and we both had a fantastic time and experience at another show regardless (Even with certain disagreements between ourselves that weekend...) I think she was just really looking forward to meeting David!! All the guests and visitors we met over the another show weekend were great!! We had some really interesting conversations with some of the German fans, struggling through the language barrier, and it all added to the atmosphere of the event!!

I'd definitely still go back to another show in Germany... just got to figure out if I can afford it financially this year, before I book anything!! :D

Thank you for replying though, and explaining how it is from an organiser's perspective - we do understand that things come up that are out of your power to change, and we're not the sort to get angry at people; just a little disappointed, and that's understandable as well!!

Lizzi xxx