I heard a horrible rumour yesterday

Alx

Yesterday I was told that their were talks about remaking the orgional trilogy with a new cast.. please say that this is only a myth that this horrible person has said :huh: ... That would totally ruin the series in my mind.. (tho the editing on the dvds has managed to take quite a bit away from it..

A

I wondered mtself if they were going to do this and to be honest i wouldn't be surprised if they did, however it isn't going to change how bad Episode 1 (and episode 2 in some cases) was in the saga.

I still think they should go back and produce the trilogy set before Episode 3 which is set in the old republic. That would be amazing and might even make Episode 1 fit in more storywise

Please no Episodes 7, 8 and 9 or remakes of 4,5 and 6 please George although Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan again would be brilliant

• Showmasters Admin
What a completely pointless exercise - I cant imagine they would.

There was enough bad blood when TPM came out ...

938128[/snapback]

The problem is even though there was an out cry people still went to see it in their 1000s.

They know that if they re-make 4,5 and 6 people will go and see them. Just about every Star Wars fan I know would complain like hell that they're doing it. But they'd all be there to watch it the first week (if not the first day) it came out.

What a completely pointless exercise - I cant imagine they would.

There was enough bad blood when TPM came out ...

938128[/snapback]

The problem is even though there was an out cry people still went to see it in their 1000s.

They know that if they re-make 4,5 and 6 people will go and see them. Just about every Star Wars fan I know would complain like hell that they're doing it. But they'd all be there to watch it the first week (if not the first day) it came out.

938303[/snapback]

how true ...........

the tv series is a go..er

first theres going to be a cartoon series based on the clone wars (sort of CG animation type) and then theres going to be a live action tv show set between epiosde3 and 4.Possibly going live 2007/8 with 100 60minute episodes(so I heard). also making it character based with bounty hunters and Jedi that've heard ofbut dont know much about.

I hope itll be good but hope its not like Star Trek

Obiton

the tv series is a go..er

first theres going to be a cartoon series based on the clone wars (sort of CG animation type) and then theres going to be a live action tv show set between epiosde3 and 4.Possibly going live 2007/8 with 100 60minute episodes(so I heard). also making it character based with bounty hunters and Jedi that've heard ofbut dont know much about.

I hope itll be good but hope its not like Star Trek

Obiton

938340[/snapback]

6000 minutes of film.. gunna be a long show... I can see the whole Star Trek thing happening

A

Load of crap. It's never going to happen. The TV-series has been in the production stage for quite a while now. I spoke to Matthew Wood about it when I worked with him last October.

He is very much involved as the chief sound editor (or whatever you wanna call it).

But the re-making of the classic trilogy is just a nasty, untrue, rumour.

• 4 weeks later...

I read an artilce that they have intended to change the Episode 1 Yoda to a CGI version since production od Episode 2 started, so he will be all CGI glory for the dvd box set.

They also asked if Yoda will be made GCI in episodes 5 and 6 and they reply was 'never in a million years'

That may not be entirely accurate - they did redo the scenes from Episode 1 to test the techniques before they decided for sure about doing Episode 2 that way, but I don't think it was actually intended to be released. Personally I always preferred the puppet.

Yesterday I was told that their were talks about remaking the orgional trilogy with a new cast.. please say that this is only a myth that this horrible person has said  :poki: ... That would totally ruin the series in my mind.. (tho the editing on the dvds has managed to take quite a bit away from it..

A

937946[/snapback]

George Lucas would not do that, because that would totally wreck the whole magic of star wars