Is Burt still the biggest SM guest ?

dufresne

• Moderators

Hmm I'd say that Burt Reynolds probably has a lot more mainstream recognition, even though Richard Dreyfuss has arguably been in the bigger/more famous movies ... Burt's name would be recognised more, yet if you told people which character Richard played then they'd probably know.

Burt has been in a lot of crap though :wub:

Hmm I'd say that Burt Reynolds probably has a lot more mainstream recognition, even though Richard Dreyfuss has arguably been in the bigger/more famous movies ... Burt's name would be recognised more, yet if you told people which character Richard played then they'd probably know.

Burt has been in a lot of crap though :(

929323[/snapback]

And he's orange!!!! :wub::D

It's hardly fair to judge him on the colour of his skin! Racist! :(:D

David Dickinson manages a career while being orange too! :P

929334[/snapback]

Hahaha!

Now if HE was announced, then the choice for 'biggest guest' would be MUCH harder!!! :wub:

But seriously though, Richard Dreyfuss can make things out of mashed potato! He therefore wins everything :D

:pyth: Burt is definately more of a houshold name, during the seventies he was the number one box office star for years, Dreyfuss has of course been in more 'Star Movies' and it has to be said is a consumate actor, but not a draw himself, except to movie buffs like me who like to see him in everything.

My favourite is 'The goodbye girl' serious humour.

people will be wataching jaws and close encounters for years to come. I doubt a lot of people are aware of smokey +the bandit etc etc these days.

so even if people don't know richard by name he is certainly more recognisible than burt.

but elijah is the most famous if we are talking right now at this present time

It is tricky but ......... Burt for me, every time :D

Richard's really cool, don't get me wrong, & I've seen a hell of a lot of both their films but think it boils down to personal preference at the end of the day........ and for me Mr Burt tips it by a nose & a lil bit of charm :o:P

Hey, I don't care who you put him against; Burt is king.

I just can't believe i missed him the first time, Please whoever is in charge of signing the shows guests get Burt to come back.

Dreyfuss is a fantastic actor too also however, Mr Hollands Opus was a great film and he has been in two films with Burt; Mad Dog Time which was crap and The Crew which was pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
:pyth: Am I the only one that knows Richard Dreyfuss won an Oscar for the Goodbye Girl in 78?

how big can it get?

939947[/snapback]

I knew he'd won an Oscar but couldn't remember which film he won it for.

But getting to the point,I think Burt is the bigger name,although Richards in the top 3 biggest guests definitely.