Post event depression

crippsy_99

So we all get it, after every event, the dreaded post event depression..

So what do YOU do to beat it?

I just go to more events lol, but got 10 weeks roughly till the next one (C9) and SO dont want to go back to work today :D

That'll prob be the next time I go out anywhere too other than to work :lol:

Damn living in cardiff lol

normally i talk for a long time about it and relive it over and over.... then plan for the next event!

this time was different, the event was to help the depression i was already in, and when i got home they told me i wsa having my operation this week... (tomorrow) and i went into shock... so i think that this time its not so much post con blues as pre op blues...

try doing something that you really love... write down the event experience, get a photo gallery sorted, draw a picture that reminds you...

theres lots you can do!

Andrea x

I dont know, but I dont wana do what I did last year, coz after C8 where I had my best experience to date I was on a real high, then it went downhill slightly but then came along Autographica and that put my mood even higher, however after that I went to my lowest I have ever got to.. I was very very depressed after that. I had my 18th Birthday during that period of depression and that was no fun at all.

However this year hopefully things will be easier with so many cons and then I already have worked lined up from the date of my lastr exam until I go to uni, andf I am also planning an concert so I am very busy... its working so far...

A

10 and a bit weeks we'll all get to decsend upon MK, we just need to survive until then!  :rolleyes:

926577[/snapback]

I love that, we all jus come marching in the group of nutters, the group of people who have just been paid and the group of groupies

A

10 weeks till MK! Really didn't want to go back to work on Monday, but have found the best way to get to the next one is to work every possible day they'll let you, that way, your mind's occupied & all the overtime helps to fund the next one.

True, there are more decent cons this year than ever before, and trying to go to all of them will be a financial challenge, so good luck to everyone.

P.S.-I know I said work every day, but take some time off to revisit those Lost and LOTR box sets (or whatever) just to brek the monotony.

Also, writing something always helps.

• Showmasters Admin

Post con depression?

I find lots and lots of sleep usually helps, and the huge pile of housework waiting for me when I get home tends to keep me busy as well.

Or you could just do what we did this time and catch a really, really bad cold so your too ill to feel anything but bleurgh. (Oh and thanks a bunch to whichever total g*t gave me this nasty cold. :angry: )

Andrea

My friends and I discovered this strange phenomenon when we crewed for the first time at Comic Con 1.

I find the best thing is to just accept it, take a day off work (if poss) and just WALLOW!! After G-MEX I spent a whole day slumped on the sofa, eating chocolate ice cream and blubbing my way through Sweet Home Alabama! Then slept for 12 hours solid.... woke next morning feeling normal again!

Tis a strange thing though..... Post Con Blues.

I don't get it anymore but back in the day the only cure was corned beef and coleslaw sarnies (cheapo white slices are best I find), crisps, a big cup of tea and Star Wars ANH on vid. Follow with a bar of Mars or Snickers "teefed" from the crew room and phone your buddies to relive the weekend :blink: