Choice and Quality of photo's

martine

May I say that the choice and the quality of most photos were very much improved at this event. No stupid cheap looking www.collectormania.ciom anymore, many choices and good quality.

I can't speak for every single guest but the 15 or so that I have seen were good. Keep it up.

The chioce of photos was very good this time, esp. the HP guests.

I still think that SM should have some "show exclusive" photos that can't be purchased anywhere else when certain big guests are signing. Though that would probably involve lots of copyright problems.

And I'm still in favour of a programme or show guide to be either given out free or sold on the door, with nice A4 shots of the guests on each page, so if you wanted something to commemerate that day, and you wanted to get it signed by people who aren't in the same movie, but at the same show, then you could.

And I'm still in favour of a programme or show guide to be either given out free or sold on the door, with nice A4 shots of the guests on each page, so if you wanted something to commemerate that day, and you wanted to get it signed by people who aren't in the same movie, but at the same show, then you could.

925366[/snapback]

You really can't expect to have a FREE guide with guests photos inside for a £5 entry. And yes they could buy them but it's really difficult to know how many would be sold so they could loose money.

Edited by lams9999

I was a little disapointed after spending £3 on a Cedric and Cho picture to find it was onen of the pictures we could get free to sign...I know that was my choice to buy it but I wanted to kow I was gonna get a picture I wanted rather than being forced to have one I didn't. There were a good selection and they actually changed some of them on the Sunday, I was happy to get a new Stan picture I didnt have or hadn't seen before.

Why couldnt you have taken the supplied one too (unless you'd already had a sig on a cast shot) and given the extra one to an unsuspecting friend lol

I know a couple of people who bought from dealers, only to find they had it on the actors tables, so are giving their spare blank one to friends as gifts hehe

Why couldnt you have taken the supplied one too (unless you'd already had a sig on a cast shot) and given the extra one to an unsuspecting friend lol

I know a couple of people who bought from dealers, only to find they had it on the actors tables, so are giving their spare blank one to friends as gifts hehe

925448[/snapback]

I never do if I have my own photo with me. I leave the free ones for other people who might need them.

There is nothing worse than having a VQ ticket number in the 200's or so, finally getting your turn and finding out that all the good photos have gone. If I don't need it, might as well leave it for someone who does :angel:

• Moderators

The photos seemed good for most guests from what I had a chance to see, putting them out etc! Ones like Jorge Garcia had pretty much everything you'd want, while other guests have a big resumé of work so it's hard to get a really big selection.

Ray Park's photos seemed ... dead. Not sure what happened to them but they were rock hard and all stuck together :D

But yes, I thought they were better than usual :)

I will be honest and say I wasn't very impressed with the photos for Avery Brooks :wub: the pics looked grainy/pixely meh but it was my choice to get his auto on a free pic rather than pay for one at a dealers table so can't really complain - was more of a comment :wub::lol::lol:

also I really do prefer the 8x10s that have the logo in the corner, none of the Hurley pics did as an example :lol: I know I've said it before but it just makes it a better photo really and to me makes the auto more official, if that makes sense?

surfy sah xx

The cheap www.collectormania.com logo makes it more special?

No that doesn't make any more sense to be honest. The photo's look cheap with that on them. Now if you are talking about official photos with the logo of the series than yes. It does makes sense.

Edited by martine

• Showmasters Admin
The cheap www.collectormania.com logo makes it more special?

No that doesn't make any more sense to be honest. The photo's look cheap with that on them. Now if you are talking about official photos with the logo of the series than yes. It does makes sense.

925846[/snapback]

Sah is talking about the official show (i.e. LOST) logo, not the CM logo.

I agree the photo selection was better this time round for the guests I got autographs from!

925352[/snapback]

:angry: Yes the photos on offer were really good.

It was nice to see Threshold pics for Brent Spiner as well as the usual Data stuff.

Take care,

Moodyblue