THE STARGATE GUESTS

BluebizzieB

I will be arriving around 10:20am. Normally when i get to these events it is very busy BUT with these 2 HUGE guests, i am thinking its gonna a VERY VERY BUSY.

Does anybody know HOW busy it will be with Chris and Michael because when i get there my ticket number might be 200 or even 300 something.

:rolleyes:

Please advise. Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At LFCC2, Chris was busy but not that busy. Don't forget that Michael & Chris have done many shows in the UK before, so yes they will be busy but my feeling is that they will not be the busiest guests. I may be wrong but I think that at 10:20 AM, you will still be able to get a VQ for them and meet them on the day.

• Moderators

In Too Tall's FAQ thread, he's split up guests into groups as a guess to how busy they are:

GROUP 2 - Will have VTs up to about 400-600 and they will likely have an open queue by 4pm. As long as you're at the show for about 6 hours (9-3, 10-4, 11-5) you'll definitely see them:

CALLIS, JAMES

DORN, MICHAEL

JOHN JULES, DANNY

JUDGE, CHRIS

LEWIS, MATTHEW

LLEWELLYN, ROBERT

RHYS DAVIES, JOHN

SACKHOFF, KATEE

SHANKS, MICHAEL

SPINER, BRENT

This is more than likely based on the fact that they're not exactly rare guests over here, so the "HUGE" tag is unnecessary. If it was RDA, yes HUGE HUGE HUGE, but not these two really. They're good in terms of Stargate but they've got a limited appeal, while some other guests are rare, first timers, AND have a bigger resumé.

You'll be fine.

Bizzie, please don't take this the wrong way, but you ask the same question at every show you are attending for at least one guest.

I know money is always an issue for all of us, but why don't you try to get to the show a little earlier next time?

Oh, and I personally think that Shanks will be much more busy than Chris Judge. He's got a larger fan base in general and he hasn't been to the UK for quite a while - if I recall correctly, it will be two years in February.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I agree about Shanks as he had to cancel his last two UK conventions AND he of course could not make the last two signing events, both C8 and a London show B) where as Chris did LFaCC2 ;)

TBH I agree, BBB seriously how is anyone to know how busy they will be??? and as QS has said, you knew it would open at 9am why didn't you just arrange to be there ealrier? :blink::huh:

surfy sah xx

you knew it would open at 9am why didn't you just arrange to be there ealrier?

Well, my FIRST plane from Bristol is 08:30am arriving at 09:30am THEN getting the train from Piccadilly to GMEX, arriving around 10:15am. I CAN NOT GET THERE ANY EARLIER and NO i can't stay over anywhere because i am working on the Friday.

Well, my FIRST plane from Bristol is 08:30am arriving at 09:30am THEN getting the train from Piccadilly to GMEX, arriving around 10:15am. I CAN NOT GET THERE ANY EARLIER and NO i can't stay over anywhere because i am working on the Friday.

920887[/snapback]

you working friday night then?

im working friday till 6pm then have to go home before leaving for manchester. im not likely to leave until 7pm and then have a nice 3 hour drive!!

any reason you cant go down the friday night after work?

920887[/snapback]

you working friday night then?

im working friday till 6pm then have to go home before leaving for manchester. im not likely to leave until 7pm and then have a nice 3 hour drive!!

any reason you cant go down the friday night after work?

921221[/snapback]

Dear lord, I must be going soft, I'm about to go into bat for BBB!

If I remember rightly, BBB works in the projection room/booth at a cinema (which used to be "the best job in the world", but I think he changed his mind at Christmas).

I seem to remember from stuff he's posted on here before that if he works a Friday he doesn't finish until midnight or 1am. Since he's flying from Bristol, you've got to figure his alternative would be something like a 3 hour drive and perhaps more, so he'd either get there sort of 4 hours early, or he could go home, have 3 hours sleep and then drive up in time to get there for the show start. (And either way he'd probably get a speeding ticket :wub: )

I also think he said he was on a budget, so it was cheaper to go up and back in a day rather than pay for a hotel.

Any other questions as to why he couldn't swap shifts, why he doesn't want to drive there and back in the day, why he always seems to have the same issues before every show, if he's found any spam yet etc you'll have to ask him; this isn't a BBB FAQ y'know!

Even if he's working night shift - I suppose there are still such things as days off? Lord knows I've taken my fair share of time off for shows.

If you really want to see someone so desperately, it should be worth that sacrifice. And I've seen people being there way more early than four hours. *thinks of the hobbit queue at C4 or the guys lining up for Val Kilmer from 2 AM on*

Even if he's working night shift - I suppose there are still such things as days off? Lord knows I've taken my fair share of time off for shows.

If you really want to see someone so desperately, it should be worth that sacrifice. And I've seen people being there way more early than four hours. *thinks of the hobbit queue at C4 or the guys lining up for Val Kilmer from 2 AM on*

921323[/snapback]

hate to say it and i';m not taking sides but working in a cinema sucks and they are terrible for letting staff have time off... when i worked in the cinema you werent automatically given days off you had to work for each day! its horrible! and they often just drop shifts on you and dont care if you need it off or not!

When i worked at ---------- cinema i was at uni and was on contract for part time hours... seems 8hour shifts 5 days a week is part-time these days! so i told them where to shove it! and even then they wouldnt let me go! it was a bad time!

My point is that people have circumstances, everyone of us different! And despite it being a question nobody can answer when you have a question or concern, you should ask for peace of mind! BBB is coming almost as far as i am... (Exeter) it helps i'm off work sick and have been for 5 months (nothing to be proud of believe me) but it gives me the chance others dont have!

i'm rambling now so i'll just shhhh....

I hope you get there in time for what you want BBB. take it easy and be safe!

Veasse xx

Ok, so can I ask a question that I hope is not too stupid? I am

coming from the US, and these are the main two people I am

interested in, although there are others I want to get autographs

from too. I read that Sunday is less busy, so should I just plan

to do these guys on Sunday instead of Saturday? This is my

first Collectormania, so please be gentle... 8-) TIA for any

help!!

help!!

921497[/snapback]

It all depends on what time you plan to get there if its before 10 and you get virtual tickets straight away you should be seeing the guests by mid day the latter you leave the latter you might have to wait. Hope this helps

help!!

921497[/snapback]

There really is no need to panic madly to get Virtual tickets on the Sst. Maybe just get a feel for the event on Sat and see them on the Sun. Remember though one day they will be doing a talk so will be signing less that day and will prbably be busier that day due to doing the talk and people turning up on that day to see the talk.

Sorry that was no help whatsoever was it :D

• Moderators

If you're there on both days, and you get a virtual queue ticket on the Saturday and your number comes up then there's no harm in seeing them then!

Best to see them for definite rather than waiting for the second day and then something goes wrong, whatever it is!

Like FM said, don't panic about getting a VT ticket, just get one whenever you turn up. Shanks is predicted to be busier, so get his first, then Judge. You can then go and look round and relax etc, but you can also check on what numbers they are up to and how fast they seem to be going.

Sunday is usually less busy at events, but obviously with this being the first one in Manchester we don't really know how busy it'll be either day.

If you're in no rush on the Saturday and you're happy to spend time there and look around etc, then go for it then. If you don't see them that day, then make more of an effort on the Sunday :)

help!!

921497[/snapback]

It all depends on what time you plan to get there if its before 10 and you get virtual tickets straight away you should be seeing the guests by mid day the latter you leave the latter you might have to wait. Hope this helps

921501[/snapback]

Hi! Yes, it does help. We do plan to get there early both days. Thanks for the your

advice!!

help!!

921497[/snapback]

There really is no need to panic madly to get Virtual tickets on the Sst. Maybe just get a feel for the event on Sat and see them on the Sun. Remember though one day they will be doing a talk so will be signing less that day and will prbably be busier that day due to doing the talk and people turning up on that day to see the talk.

Sorry that was no help whatsoever was it :lol:

921506[/snapback]

LOL... I am not panicking...yet.... LOL.... I am just trying to figure out my strategy.

My daughter is coming with me, and she wants to see different people, so I am

working on the best way to satisfy both of us.

:wub:

We do want to hear the different talks too. So much to do, so little time! LOL.

Oh, and, yes, it is helpful, what you wrote! Thanks!!