THE STARGATE GUESTS

BluebizzieB

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Michael was over in the UK last year in May so its not that long since he has been over.

in all honesty, I do not know to which event you are referring to but Shanks cancelled the Showmasters ones and the ones run by a rival event :D

surfy sah xx

922349[/snapback]

He was at the EDIT in London.

Most fun I've ever had at a con! ^_^:unsure:

923587[/snapback]

OMG me too ^_^ I had the most amazing weekend. Never stopped laughing the entire time. :huh:

Edited by Too Tall

Yo Stu, how's life at the top?

Bet you guys are wettin your selves with excitement, only one day to go yeahy!

I definitely wont be dropping in this time, much too far to go and no guests I can justify spending all that money on. I'm also flying to Spain tomorrow for the weekend, so no last minute jumping in the car either!

Have your finances recovered after your last epic holiday? I'm very jealous, one day when I grow up I want to be a jet-setting globe trotter just like you!

Hope you all have a great time, looking forward to reading all the moans n rants about what Showmasters forgot this time.

Just a parting thought, what are the chances of Michael Shanks actually turning up this time? I went all the way to the LFCC to find out he cancelled only the day before..........................

Good luck!

Jen

Ah don't say that, am really looking fwd to meeting him! :P

On the positive side there are other actors going I want to meet, but to meet THE Daniel Jackson was one of the highlights for my friends and I!

*crosses everything for saturday*

Edited by IBelong2Me

• Showmasters Admin
Yo Stu, how's life at the top?

Bet you guys are wettin your selves with excitement, only one day to go yeahy!

I definitely wont be dropping in this time, much too far to go and no guests I can justify spending all that money on.  I'm also flying to Spain tomorrow for the weekend, so no last minute jumping in the car either!

Have your finances recovered after your last epic holiday? I'm very jealous, one day when I grow up I want to be a jet-setting globe trotter just like you!

Hope you all have a great time, looking forward to reading all the moans n rants about what Showmasters forgot this time.

Just a parting thought, what are the chances of Michael Shanks actually turning up this time? I went all the way to the LFCC to find out he cancelled only the day before..........................

Good luck!

Jen

923782[/snapback]

Thing's are going well. India was amazing, to get everything it we had to do a lot of travelling. I think we spent at least half our waking hours in an airport or in a car.

I've been to Las Vegas and Orlando since I saw you last :D Myself, Sarah, Alan and Sharon went over to the FX show. Was an interesting introduction to US cons.

Got engaged whilst I was in Orlando, Sarah and I are stupidly happy ;)

Have a great time in Spain. Will you be at C9?

The moans and rants have already started with Ian cancelling, but there'll be more I'm sure.

MS has cancelled that last 2 times I've ment to be seeing him, so I hope not :borg:

No antics! :o You will all be on your BEST behaviour, yes? :P

923538[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, best behavior it is. Now, Daniel being a linguist could

tell you that there are many ways to define best. I'll leave that

to your imagination......

:D:D

924290[/snapback]

Is he a cunning linguist ... I've heard they're the best :D

No antics! :o You will all be on your BEST behaviour, yes? :o

923538[/snapback]

Oh, yeah, best behavior it is. Now, Daniel being a linguist could

tell you that there are many ways to define best. I'll leave that

to your imagination......

:D:D

924290[/snapback]

Is he a cunning linguist ... I've heard they're the best :P

924366[/snapback]

LMAO!!! :D Thats what i think, anyway

Edited by sam1974

I saw both stargate guests at Gmex and watched their talk

I admit that Mr Shanks was my main reason for going to Gmex, watching his antics on stage :rolleyes:

in general I had a good time the venue was great (I liked the location) the stewards helpful the organisation was good IMO (I have experienced various levels of good and bad organisation for these event/cons so I would like to think I know what is good and what isn't)

getting the chance to see actors from my fave TV show on stage in a talk was the best part of the whole weekend for me

I think the stargate talk MIGHT (just MO) have been the most attended talk! The area designated for talks seemed to me to be packed when it was the stargate talk!

I hope other people who are stargate fans enjoyed Gmex as much as I did :unsure:

if my photos had turned out better I would share them but believe me not worth looking at (so dark that it could be an actor, or could be anyone)

I hope to see stargate actors again some time!

I also went for Michael Shanks and Chris Judge. Their talk was definately the loudest, and they added another row of seats for it, I know, because that's how I got tickets.

Unfortunately, I only had a disposable camera, so I haven't seen my photos yet, but I got Michael's autograph at about 3:30 on Sunday, when he was actually doing posed photographs.

OK, I did already have one from the morning, but I kinda went up again...

Yea same i only went for the SG1 stars, but i also came back with a Katee Sackhoff autograph and pic, along with the SG1 guys of course, the talk was great, well funny to watch, also as this was my first convention i have no idea if this was well organised compared to others but it was great, i cant wait for the next Gmex convention again.