COLLECTORMANIA G-MEX !

showmasters

Hurrah for Manchester.

Manchester has 2/3 main train stations. It takes approx 2.5hrs by train by Virgin from London and that train conveniently stops at MK! There is a plethora of hotels in Manchester since the Commonwealth Games and takes approx 30 mins to walk from one side of the city centre to the other.

GMEX itself is easy to get to with trams, buses and trains serving it. Not sure where the nearest Costa Coffee is though.

Just trying to think what else ppl would want to know. :lol:

PS I live there :wub:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nighthawk Posted on Aug 3 2005, 11:04 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

feralmoggy @ Aug 3 2005, 09:20 PM)

Not sure where the nearest Costa Coffee is though.

Apparently there is a Starbucks straight across the road

This may sound odd but not a fan of Starbucks of the coffee variety since they tried to give me a mochachoca expensive thing when all I wanted was hot chocolate. But like everyones said 15mins top walk into city centre or 2 min tram ride

I personnally am very happy ith Collectormania manchester.

Ill be able to visit both MK and Manchester as I live between the two (well closer to Manchester tho).

I sure the magic will still be in MK but its good to expand.

Of course there will be whingers but thats part of being part of the British culture.

Yes people live too far away, but its swings and roundabouts, others dont live near London and MK.

Well done SM and some good guests so far

Keep up the good work

Obiton

That's the problem i have, there is always an event clashing or is too near to another event. 

Yer business's trying to push other business's out of the market. I dont think its gona work this time as the other event has been going for over 11 years and has lots of loyal fans (yes I know this show has lots of loyal fans aswell)....

Though this event does cater for all sci-fi/cult shows where as some other events only cater for a few shows, I just hope you don't loose money on this G-MEX event ;)

:D

LLAP :P

Edited by zebredy

If the 2 are at different parts of he country I don't see why they should interfere that much with eachother. There's only 52 weekends in a year so there will always be shows close to eachother so people will have to start to be more choosy as to which events they go to.

If the 2 are at different parts of he country I don't see why they should interfere that much with eachother. There's only 52 weekends in a year so there will always be shows close to eachother so people will have to start to be more choosy as to which events they go to.

There's the problem, people will have to make a choice and then one event may start loosing out on fans etc. As you said yourself there are 52 weeks in a year, so why when people i.e. showmasters know there is another similar show on, on that weekend, did they not choose another weekend to hold there event ;)

As I said "business's trying to push other business's out of the market" I suppose its the way its been and the way it always will be, I just hope no-one gets hurt in the process.

LLAP :P

i think the line up for G-Mex looks great(maybe slightly better than C8) so i'll go to it and LFCC and probably give C9 a miss. The only thing is i don't know Manchester at all like how close the airpport is to the city and everything so that'll be fun

There's the problem, people will have to make a choice and then one event may start loosing out on fans etc. As you said yourself there are 52 weeks in a year, so why when people i.e. showmasters know there is another similar show on, on that weekend, did they not choose another weekend to hold there event :angry:

As I said "business's trying to push other business's out of the market" I suppose its the way its been and the way it always will be, I just hope no-one gets hurt in the process.

LLAP ;)

I see your point.

But don't forget it's a matter of when the venues are available,too. From what I saw this G-Mex thing seems to be booked pretty often. :P

(BTW, G-mex isnt huge. Dont expect something of the size of the ***** or Earls Court!

Umm, G-Mex is pretty large, or it used to be. I played there in the early 90s and it held twelve thousand people for gigs like that.

I'd say that was a reasonable-sized venue for a Showmasters event.

;-)

Oh and, as a born and bred Londoner, I happen to think that Manchester's one of the loveliest cities in England. So there!

Edited by MarkyMark

There's the problem, people will have to make a choice and then one event may start loosing out on fans etc. As you said yourself there are 52 weeks in a year, so why when people i.e. showmasters know there is another similar show on, on that weekend, did they not choose another weekend to hold there event :lol:

:yoda:

LLAP :lol:

Not to mention a new event has just been announced for the north, which could now feel the squeeze too.

I dont like this competition. More events means better choice for the fans. If they keep on trying to kill each other off, people like myself will stop going.

(BTW, G-mex isnt huge. Dont expect something of the size of the ***** or Earls Court!

Umm, G-Mex is pretty large, or it used to be. I played there in the early 90s and it held twelve thousand people for gigs like that.

I'd say that was a reasonable-sized venue for a Showmasters event.

;-)

Oh and, as a born and bred Londoner, I happen to think that Manchester's one of the loveliest cities in England. So there!

12000 people? Wow. :yoda:

That's indeed pretty large.