Should SM bother with Val Kilmer a 3rd time?

nicky

to Val or not to Val?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. to Val or not to Val?

• Yes, SM should ask again.
    • No, SM shouldn't bother with him.
    • Dunno.

He cancelled LFCC1 and again at LFCC3...

I for one wasn't surprised at his no show. But I don't think that necessaruly means he shouldn't be asked again to appear.

Edited by nicky

i never expected him to turn up anyway...the guy was doing a play, then he was gonna spend his time off to sign autographs :D just do'nt know why he said he would be there :wub: but i would be amazin if they could get him to one of these events :D

Edited by vampwillow

No.

The money they have to budget to try and get him another time could IMHO well be used for other guests who are more likely to show up.

This I completely agree with - I'd rather that money be budgeted elsewhere (i.e. on Jeri Ryan :D )

We all wanna meet Val Kilmer, or we wouldn't be so disappointed by the no-show ! :lol:

He's proper Hollywood (no offence Dave Prowse and Craig Parker). He's busy, he's popular, he's in demand ! And with that, he attracts stalkers and other potential problems. We all know the fickleness of the con scene, and what happened with Val is just that !

I know a LOT of people were put to inconvenience and unnecessary expense, not to mention plain old disappointment, but if he DID show up next time, every one of us would want that VQT !!

I know a LOT of people were put to inconvenience and unnecessary expense, not to mention plain old disappointment, but if he DID show up next time, every one of us would want that VQT !!

The problem being that that is a BIG "IF" ... :P

That's my point ! Much as there is an outcry of "Balls to Kilmer!", deep down, everyone of us still wants to meet him !

The problem being that that is a BIG "IF" ... :unsure:

That's my point ! Much as there is an outcry of "Balls to Kilmer!", deep down, everyone of us still wants to meet him !

I dont wanna meet him anymore

Its not so much the fact he cancelled the first time, work commitments can happen after all. Billy Dee Williams cancellled a couple of times before finally attending after all (maybe not the best example given he didnt exactly turn out to be the nicest guest ever but at least he gave forewarning he wasnt coming so people didnt waste journeys).

The thing for me with Kilmer is the fact from what I understand, I have been away for most of this week so I might be wrong, he just didnt show up, no explanation, nothing.

If someone doesnt have the common courtesy to treat their fans with some degree of decency then I would say don't bring him back.

No.

And I met him this evening, and he wasnt that nice, certainly very different to the smiles and so forth from the Batman Begins premiere. Was moody and disinterested and kinda shoved me aside.

Sadly Im starting to believe the stories about him being a rude and arrogant star.

It was not SM who asked Val to appear. Val Kilmer asked Showmasters to attend the show and SM agreed.

That is why SM is not happy with Val, he broke his promise. It was not SM's fault he did not appear, it was Val Kilmer's fault because he asked Showmasters to appear.

I think SM could spend more time and money on better guests such as Jeri Ryan.

Edited by BluebizzieB

Val should never attend this event....he cancelled twice, he is not a nice person because people have seen him elsewhere and people have had bad experiences.

Um that's a tad harsh and kinda rude. Whilst I'm all for Showmasters getting guests that are actually going to turn up *g*, and wouldn't go out of my way to meet him, I find it somewhat absurd to say it's because he's not a nice person. Hands up anyone that actually knows Val well enough to say that. Yeah - thought not :headscratch: