Would you pay more money for better guests?

Mondasant63

If a potential guest was going to charge £40 or more per signature, would you pay?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. If a potential guest was going to charge £40 or more per signature, would you pay?

• Yes, I'd pay this amount.
    • No, It's too much.
    • I'd wait until the day, then decide.
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest if i got there and say James Marsters, Sean Astin Micheal Shanks were 40 i'd probably pay it even if i said no before.

In my head it would have to be like RDA or somone of that caliber before i would pay it but i know me i get caught up inthe excitment.

And hell i have an overdraft

I would, but it would have to be a HUGE guest. Considering that Carrie Fisher only charged £25, I think it would be a bit of a cheek having Mark Hamill charging £40.

When I say it depends on the guest, I would certainly pay £40 for Harrison Ford, for example. His career has made a bit of a downturn recently, and he could do it as a promotion for Indy IV. I'd certainly pay £40 to get a personalized sig from the Fordster. Mark Hamill though is not what I would call a HUGE guest, just relatively large. Here are the people that I think could get away with charging £40 : -

RDA

Harrison Ford

Johnny Depp

Michelle Pfieffer

You get the idea....

yeah i would probably e the same. £40 sounds oto much now but if you see the guest and rreally want to meet them but cant without paying i might be tempted. Even so i still think £40 is way too much. £30 maybe but not £40

Incredibly doubtful. I can't see any point in an actor pricing himself/herself out of the market if they honestly want to meet the fans. Let's face, we are the people who help them earn the millions of pounds/dollars they are paid per project.

Chances are that for some fans, and some people have mentioned RDA in this thread, you would want to take the opportunity to get as many things signed as possible for fear of not ever meeting them again, especially if they rarely appear at events such as MK, LFCC, etc. To pay £40 per autograph means that you wouldn't be able to get any others without saving a hell of a lot of money first. The beauty of such events is that you get the chance to meet several guests, and only spend what cash you have on one if that's your personal preference. As a huge Stargate fan who would love to meet RDA, I would be seriously concerned if he felt he could justify charging that much money.

I think £25 per autograph is more than enough for anyone, regardless of what career they may currently have, or might have had.

Personally I think that some actors are asking too much when they charge £20 per autograph. Some of them are riding on one part they have played that's put their name on the map, whilst others are so downright rude that you wish you hadn't bothered and want to go back and ask for a refund.

For £20+ the minimum should be that you can take a photo whilst standing in the queue, with flash turned off. Actors that seem so precious about us taking their photo shouldn't be in a profession that constantly puts them into the spotlight. The actor at least saying hello, and thank you should also be requisite, or do we now have to pay more for manners? I now count myself extremely lucky if you can have a posed photo with the actor, and they speak to you as well since this seems to be so rare for some of the "bigger" names that SM have got in the last twelve months. As an alternative, can I add my name to the list of people who have asked SM to consider getting a photographer involved so that we can buy a posed shot to have taken whilst we are attending the event.

Sorry for the rant.

Elaine :P

no ... not unless i won the lottery :lol:

ditto that bird :lol:

and who the hell is Mark Hamill??? I won't be paying owt for him cos I don't know him

dunno if I'd pay £40 for anyone.... :lol: if they're that big a star they're gonna be well loaded anyhow so don't need the dosh!!

Guys have to say one thing. The 18+ who have voted they would never spend more than £20 on an auto will NEVER meet any big names at these cons.

Richard Dean Anderson, William Shattner, Mark Hamill, Ian Mcdiarmd, Christopher Lee, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seth Green the list goes on will want about £125,000 probably plus expenses minimum.

Most of these people will simply just not do an event unless they get paid large sums of money and at the end of the day if you were given a couple of months notice you could come up with another £20 easy.

The stars all know what goes on with Ebay and they will not just sign stuff for £20 knowing somebody can make £60+ off the back of it.

Richard Dean Anderson, William Shattner, Mark Hamill, Ian Mcdiarmd, Christopher Lee, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seth Green the list goes on will want about £125,000 probably plus expenses minimum.

£125,000 now that is expensive for a autograph you better get a photo taken with them as well for that amount :lol:

I've heard from a couple of people that Mark Hamill would like to appear at an event, but would charge around £40.00 per signature. Would you pay this amount to meet him or are some guests pricing themselves out of the market.

No i wouldnt, thats stupid for some1 to charge that amount, they only act or whatever they arent special.afterall its only there writing on a piece of paper