That is it no more guests

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SMs have lead the way in terms of guests (for me anyway) for the last number of years. Their continued success, and their growing list of contacts, especially after C4, allowed them to introduce LFACC.

From the ouset, LFACC had guests of a higher calibre. TNG crew, Adam West, Kubrick stars etc. L2 turned out to be like NOTHING we had seen before. Who, if anyone can say that L2 offered NOTHING for them ??

Sadly SMs took a big loss at L2 (the reasons are another matter). Yes C7 was heavily padded, and L3 is a bit anorexic, but it had to happen at some point. If the padding and the few reasonable names at C7 and L3 point SMs back towards the black, they can look forward to bigger and better shows from here on in !

Dry your eyes, and get the Billy Boyd auto that you didn't or couldn't get at earlier shows. Buy Doug Bradley's book. Don't try and get a freebie from Val Kilmer !

If it's gonna take that to help bring Elijah Wood, SMG, Patrick Stewart, Frank Oz or WHOEVER to future events, then get off your backsides and support the show !!

Yes, SMs promised the earth and delivered ....... a reasonably sized continent !...... but thems the breaks ! Guest availability and fees are not exact sciences. SUPPORT this one !! SMs have proved they can do it when the money's there !!

They are a BUSINESS after all !

Well said Duffer

On a seperate note my comment before was a metaphor. I have never pulled a chick with a d***, I have kissed some dodgy ones in my time but none had cocks! Just though I better clear that one up :angel:

End of the day if it is the final guest announcements then so be it (although a little disapointed esp when SM said it will be the BIG ONE) It is pointless moaning about like we all have at some point (including myself) just go there enjoy the day. All you can say is that SM will get better and bigger as time progresses so give them chance. Failing that just slate them like fck come next Monday LMAO :P

Just a little note to correct.

SM told me on the phone, yeah i called again, there are NO MORE ANNOUCEMENTS for TV and film, HOWEVER we will be getting a few more comic guests annouced tonight or sometime this week.

Edited by BluebizzieB

the lineup is good, there are around 7 guests who i am really looking foward to meet. I did expect a bigger event, but due to lack of funds this week i doubt i would have been able to afford many more autos anyway.

SMs have lead the way in terms of guests (for me anyway) for the last number of years. Their continued success, and their growing list of contacts, especially after C4, allowed them to introduce LFACC.

From the ouset, LFACC had guests of a higher calibre. TNG crew, Adam West, Kubrick stars etc. L2 turned out to be like NOTHING we had seen before. Who, if anyone can say that L2 offered NOTHING for them ??

Sadly SMs took a big loss at L2 (the reasons are another matter). Yes C7 was heavily padded, and L3 is a bit anorexic, but it had to happen at some point. If the padding and the few reasonable names at C7 and L3 point SMs back towards the black, they can look forward to bigger and better shows from here on in !

Dry your eyes, and get the Billy Boyd auto that you didn't or couldn't get at earlier shows. Buy Doug Bradley's book. Don't try and get a freebie from Val Kilmer !

If it's gonna take that to help bring Elijah Wood, SMG, Patrick Stewart, Frank Oz or WHOEVER to future events, then get off your backsides and support the show !!

Yes, SMs promised the earth and delivered ....... a reasonably sized continent !...... but thems the breaks ! Guest availability and fees are not exact sciences. SUPPORT this one !! SMs have proved they can do it when the money's there !!

I appreciate all you say, but the fact of the matter is that a lot of people who normally spend £300+ will only be spending circa £150 on autographs this year, meaning this LFCC is very likely to be another major loss for the SMs. C7 was the perfectly designed profit making event, the guests werent great but we all still spent alot, got through the guests efficiently as there were short queues and generally the event went well for the SMs, but here, I cant see how this is good for anyone, us having less choice and incentive, them making less money.

Im gonna give LFCC a miss this year, although meeting Val and Ron was tempting its not worth driving 200 miles just for those 2. Im gonna wait till C8 as the guest list is much better so far and its only the initial listing, more guests to come.

Are you SURE you're not trying to avoid me? :P:P;)

Never, missed another recent large con because I was putting in my bathroom..But will be at C8..

See you there maybe??

Well said Duffer

On a seperate note my comment before was a metaphor. I have never pulled a chick with a d***, I have kissed some dodgy ones in my time but none had cocks! Just though I better clear that one up :P

The same, some dogs and some dogs with fleas, but lucky never a bloke!!!

:P

Its a pity SM aren't havin anymore guests esp after cancellations it does feel alittle watered down but it should still be fun, its got to be alot harder for SM to get guests to travel such long distances I mean guest that show conventions in USA has always got to be more appealing not mch travel cash etc... I mean this is only just a growning company / convention so youve got to give them time.

There are really only two main guests that I want to see this time, so it means I will have more money to spend on the stools, come on how much money do you people seriously have, not everyone is going with £500+ in there back pocket especially me. So think about it you won't need to rush around as much, making sure you get every last autograph you want. And there wont be a great big whole in your pocket when you get home, from spendng so much on autographs.... :lol: Ok so maybe Ill be spending a lot more on the stools so there will still be a small whole in my trousers when I get home, but not as bad as last time. :P

I also like to crimbo shop early so this will give me a good oportunity to do that, especially as all my mates are sci-fi fans too ;)

LLAP :P

Well said Duffer

On a seperate note my comment before was a metaphor. I have never pulled a chick with a d***, I have kissed some dodgy ones in my time but none had cocks! Just though I better clear that one up  ;)

Man, some of my friends have met those dogs with fleas, poor f***ers had to use ointment and pills and stuff :P

Well said Duffer

On a seperate note my comment before was a metaphor. I have never pulled a chick with a d***, I have kissed some dodgy ones in my time but none had cocks! Just though I better clear that one up  :P

Man, some of my friends have met those dogs with fleas, poor f***ers had to use ointment and pills and stuff :P

Yeah bad news....it was so bad one time that i washed my you know what in a hotels sink while my mate poured brown sugar on it after i did the business!!!

good news was we nicked all thier tea and coffe, our room was sorted for drinks!!

but i wont go into that here!

;)

Edited by TheManTheMachine

SM told me on the phone, yeah i called again, there are NO MORE ANNOUCEMENTS for TV and film, HOWEVER we will be getting a few more comic guests annouced tonight or sometime this week.

on leah +johns website they hinted that maybe shane oakley might be coming along aswell. this would be amazing!! he being the artist on albion +wildgirl!!

Geez you guys, that really is more information than I think the majority of us want to know and I'm not quite sure this is the place for that converastion.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand, I am eager to know now, who else might be announced...I am only temted so far by one guest..okay, maybe 3 ;) but I'm not sure the expense to get there is worth it just to meet them.

I do agree, as far as guests it isn't a HUGE event given the hype they made about moving to Earls Court, I assume however, that the actual event will be something special to justify the Earls Court interest. Especially seeing as how awkward Earls Court is to get to. grrr grumble grumble whinge whinge. ;)

I appreciate all you say, but the fact of the matter is that a lot of people who normally spend £300+ will only be spending circa £150 on autographs this year, meaning this LFCC is very likely to be another major loss for the SMs. C7 was the perfectly designed profit making event, the guests werent great but we all still spent alot, got through the guests efficiently as there were short queues and generally the event went well for the SMs, but here, I cant see how this is good for anyone, us having less choice and incentive, them making less money.

But SMs are SPENDING less this time on bringing guests - it's all relative !

Well my opinion is that expectations were set to high to begin with. SMs were saying how this event was going to be huge but in fact its turned out reasonably small.

If the origional statement hadn't put expectaions so high I think most people would be far less disapointed with this line up

Totally agree, especially when compared to LFCC2. There are better guests at LFCC3 than there were at LFCC1, but its because everyone was lead to beleive this would be bigger than LFCC2

Its what you make of it at the end of the day,some of the guests might not be of interest to you,but they are to others.Personally I'm quite happy with the 24 guests and Charisma.

SM do their best to get the guests in,and sometimes it works out other times not so yeah lets just all enjoy the weekend eh?

I'm just glad that the event is

in London where I live & that

there is a guest I want to see

namely Mr Boyd...otherwise I

would give it a miss this time!

It's a shame that SM have to wait

till the very last minute to get guests

& then they cancel when other US

events seem to be able to get them

early & keep them.

It's all stress at the end of the day

& I feel for the SM guys no matter

how sad I am that they can't get

Elijah Wood or Viggo Mortensen! lol!

Here's hoping that C8 will be better! :unsure:

Especially seeing as how awkward Earls Court is to get to.

:D Difficult to get to? It's served by two major tube lines and is basically within easy tube-ing of any of the major London rail stations. It's also served (by West Brompton) by overland trains from Clapham Junction, which is a major interchange from those coming from the south. The bus services are also pretty good, and being somewhere in central London it's reasonably easy to get to from the airports, via train/tube. As for road, the main western approach to London, the M4, effectively carries on as a non-motorway through Hammersmith and Kensington - Earl's Court is a mere couple of minutes off this main road.

OK, it might be difficult to get to if you're coming by private helicopter, as I don't think there's a chopper pad handy. :D

Wembley, by contrast, is about seven miles into the north of nowhere, served by the appalling donkey track called the North Circular.