MICHAEL SHANKS & CHRIS JUDGE CANCELLATION

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

We are sorry to have to inform you that Michael Shanks and Chris Judge have both had to cancel their appearances at Collectormania 7 due to a conflicting filming schedule.

Both Michael and Chris had very much wanted to meet their fans, and when a conflict recently became apparant, they tried desperately hard to find a way round it. We have also been in contact with the production company and tried to work things out too, but unfortunately as of last night, it is clear that Michael and Chris will definitely be required for filming over the Collectormania weekend.

Both Michael and Chris have asked us to pass on their apologies, and that they had really been looking forward to meeting you, and that they hope to attend another Showmasters event in the near future.

In relation to the Stargate SG 1 talk, that is still going ahead, with Corin Nemec, and also the addition of Dean Stockwell who played his mentor in the series! Corin has promised to be twice as entertaining as he would have been, in order to make up for the absence of Chris and Michael!!!!!!!! :P Anyone who had booked tickets to the SG 1 talk, those tickets are obviously still valid for the new guest line up. However, if you have booked tickets and would prefer a refund, or to transfer the tickets to a different talk, then please do call the office on 01234 752485 and we will sort that out for you.

Once again, we are very sorry that Michael and Chris can no longer attend, but we wish them well for their filming, and look forward to welcoming them to a future event.

Showmasters

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I really wanted to meet them. :P

I just hope Season 9 will be good.

Edited by BluebizzieB

Once again, we are very sorry that Michael and Chris can no longer attend, but we wish them well for their filming, and look forward to welcoming them to a future event.

Showmasters

You know who else would be great at future events? Stargate Atlantis' Torri Higginson :P

*laughs and runs away*

obviously this can't be helped but still gutted :P

thought that they would have arranged this weekend off (not that I have a clue how it works!) seeing as well MS anyways has been confirmed since c6 :P

maybe you can get them all together (Amanda, Chris and MS) at LFACC3 or c8 SM? (though Amanda cancelled c6 cause of filming... :D )

thanks for letting us know anyways

Thanks for the statement. We all know that these things might happen. May I suggest that you invite them together again the next time because Michael & Chris are very funny on stage :D

Another question : can we hope some more guest announcements as "compensation" or it's too late ? :P

Corin has promised to be twice as entertaining as he would have been, in order to make up for the absence of Chris and Michael!!!!!!!!

I'm sure he will be! awwwww love Corin :rolleyes: he is the best!

Sad that filming was still on but I'm sure we will get to see them soon. Thanks SM

Noooooooooo.

I have been loking forward to meeting Michael Shanks since I heard he was there..........

I know it can't be helped but I am upset. He was the reason I was going.

What a crap day today turned out to be - will go and find solace in chocolate........

Sarah

Oh well, these things happen! I guess it is fate's way of stopping me spending far to much money at this convention... sob... :lol:

Maybe we could have Ben Browder and Amanda Tapping (if she's not to busy being a mum) at a future date along with Chris and Michael to compensate?! :lol:

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

first Amanda and now michael and chris!! **cries** theres only soo many times i can meet corin without him thinking im a stalker!

you will just have to make it up to us by getting farscape guests! hehe

Slight question? Is Corin Nemic the only SG-1 actor who ever turns up to these things? Sheesh. 3 SG-1 actors in 2 cons. We could be offended by this. (Still a little PO'd, will regain normal thinking status soon).

Krazy

*resists urge to smash something against wall*

• Moderators

Well LFACC2 did have 4 SG:A guests and 4 SG:1 guests so Stargate fans got quite a lot there! Sadly it doesn't work out so well at every event :wub: At least u know guests are willing to come to events so there's always hope for the future :wub:

it is a real shame but to be honest ive actually been expecting it. If they go for a season 10 theres not much hope of them being at collectormania cause they both conflict with the filming :lol: these things happen unfortunately but as many have said at least we are getting season 9 :) of course a real compensation would be to bring david hewlett over to c7 but im assuming that they will still be filming too so i doubt that will happen! and we still have corin who is great!!!!!!! :lol: