Eccleston quits as Dr. Who!

sagart

Go to the Beeb's main website, click on Entertainment and it's among the main headlines. Pity, but there it is. I'd put a link up but I don't think I'm allowed to. Am I?

Edited by sagart

Thanks for that! Hate to say I told you so.

It's a shame, I thought he was really good in the pilot.

In the Who Universe, though, it's a real waste of a regeneration.

Edited by sagart

i am really upset ;) cause ive only just got into drwho chris was the dr that i would reconize 4rom my generation i dont think the new drwill b as gud as him thou it will b a tough act to follow!!

anyhow glade the beeb is doina new seris :lol:

I'm not sure that he could get typecast in just one series, or even two...

Still if he doesn't want to stay then thay's his choice, but it is a shame because he does make a really good dark Dr...

i cant believe the BBC didn't get a clause in his contract to do at least 2 seasons.

I mean, if theres ANOTHER regeneration, then theres only 2 more to go, and itsd the end of the doctor anyway. McGann one story (not his fault though), eccleston one series, one that basis, the doctors dead by what 2007?

Very true disneymad... if the BBC don't find someone that suites the role the same way that Chris does then they aren't really going to be able to do much other than bring it all to a very final end!!!

im not suprised he pulled out after one season! He is the sort of actor who won't want to get stuck down doing the same thing.

Imean look at a lot of his previous roles. they have been very challenging and aren't what would be considered as easy in terms of acting!

The poor guy (Eccleston) said he wasn't going to do any conventions either. I guess he never really understood what he was letting himself in for.

Still whenever I watch it I only ever see him as the Carpenter from Gone In 60 Seconds...

It is a great shame. Especially after such a positive re-action to the first episode, to announce he's going before we've even seen episode 2 is a major blow.

New fans will barely get to know him before he regenerates and regenerations are always more powerful when you have grown to know the particular doctor over a period of time.

Of the names flying about I'd like to see David Thewlis have a shot at it (if he'll sign up for a minimum of two years!)

:firedevil: I must say it would be really cool if Bill Nighy did it, he is an awesome actor

The only man for the job as far as I am concerned !

A fine actor, but I doubt he'd want to do more than one series either.

And to be honest, I know we've previously had Hartnell, Troughton & Pertwee in the oldies category, but isn't Nighy a little long in the tooth to be running around the galaxy with Billie Piper?

I'm not sure he'd appeal to the masses who the BBC are aiming the series at. The Beeb want a young actor.

And as for Ecclestone. He only did one season cos he wanted the work to raise his profile a bit. In hindsight, we should all have seen this coming. Seeing him in interviews, he was obviously not comfortable with either the media or the intrusion he was getting from it.

I think that Bill could bring a different character to the table... that I would like to see...

I think that maybe Chris should have thought about what he was getting into when he took the role of the Dr...