Eccleston quits as Dr. Who!

sagart

Well I for one am really upset. Not only cos I love Chris and think hes a brilliant actor but cos they will have to find a new doctor. I am annoyed aswell he could at least have signed up for the second series! I mean how is somebody going to get typecast for only two series?

Dont expect him at C7 even thats a definate. Grrrrrr.

Need consolation- chocolate bar here I come!

With the truly amazing timing of this announcement, the main problem the BBC now faces is getting people to watch the rest of the first series, let alone any second one they make.

Now everyone knows that Ecclestone's walked away, will people bother to watch knowing that if even they like Ecclestone as the Doctor, he's not coming back?

With the truly amazing timing of this announcement, the main problem the BBC now faces is getting people to watch the rest of the first series, let alone any second one they make.

Now everyone knows that Ecclestone's walked away, will people bother to watch knowing that if even they like Ecclestone as the Doctor, he's not coming back?

I totally agree. I mean people they rae going to loose viewers and allot of people will be put off watching.

Edited by hobbitslut

I read that the lead guy in Casanova, David Tennant,(RTD work again) is already in talks to be the new Doctor. I would like Tony Head too have a go at it though, but definitely not Bill Nighy, OK actor but much to perverse for Doctor Who.

As for Eccleston I had a lot of respect for him and have liked his previous stuff, I liked his first episode as Doctor too, however I am under the impression that he finds the work load too much. The typecasting just sounds like an excuse to be lazy. Heaven forbid he should work only 8 months a year instead of about 11 like us meer mortals.

To be fair though, to not have him tied down to a deal with options for a 2nd and 3rd series was just stupid on the BBC's part.

On the bright side though, rest of series one, a Christmas special with Chris Eccleston(regeneration?) and series two to look forward too.

Edited by Goubs

I read that the lead guy in Casanova (RTD work again) is already in talks to be the new Doctor. I would like Tony Head too have a go at it though, but definitely not Bill Nighy, OK actor but much to perverse for Doctor Who.

As for Eccleston I had a lot of respect for him and have liked his previous stuff, I liked his first episode as Doctor too, however I am under the impression that he finds the work load too much. The typecasting just sounds like an excuse to be lazy. Heaven forbid he should work only 8 months a year instead of about 11 like us meer mortals.

To be fair though, to not have him tied down to a deal with options for a 2nd and 3rd series was just stupid on the BBC's part.

Acting can be a very demnading and tiring job, I know cos I do it. I dont think neccesarly the typecasting being an excuse to be lazy, but I think maybe hes saying this for other reasons, maybe not liking the amount of attention he is getting. It seems kinda funny that Chris vollentered hiself for the role when hes not going to stick at it.

It is partly the BBC's fault, you would have expected them to get him to sign up for more than one series.

I read that the lead guy in Casanova (RTD work again) is already in talks to be the new Doctor.  I would like Tony Head too have a go at it though, but definitely not Bill Nighy, OK actor but much to perverse for Doctor Who.

As for Eccleston I had a lot of respect for him and have liked his previous stuff, I liked his first episode as Doctor too, however I am under the impression that he finds the work load too much.  The typecasting just sounds like an excuse to be lazy.  Heaven forbid he should work only 8 months a year instead of about 11 like us meer mortals.

Acting can be a very demnading and tiring job, I know cos I do it. I dont think neccesarly the typecasting being an excuse to be lazy, but I think maybe hes saying this for other reasons, maybe not liking the amount of attention he is getting. It seems kinda funny that Chris vollentered hiself for the role when hes not going to stick at it.

It is partly the BBC's fault, you would have expected them to get him to sign up for more than one series.

Sorry, I appreciate that it isn't as easy as it seems. I was just irate at the time apologies to any offense cause to actors. I just read your post and it made me re-read mine and thought, that's a bit rude.

I read that the lead guy in Casanova (RTD work again) is already in talks to be the new Doctor.  I would like Tony Head too have a go at it though, but definitely not Bill Nighy, OK actor but much to perverse for Doctor Who.

As for Eccleston I had a lot of respect for him and have liked his previous stuff, I liked his first episode as Doctor too, however I am under the impression that he finds the work load too much.  The typecasting just sounds like an excuse to be lazy.  Heaven forbid he should work only 8 months a year instead of about 11 like us meer mortals.

Sorry, I appreciate that it isn't as easy as it seems. I was just irate at the time apologies to any offense cause to actors. I just read your post and it made me re-read mine and thought, that's a bit rude.

No its cool dude. You didn't offend me lol.

THe whole thing has made me a bit irrate lol

I'm not sure that he could get typecast in just one series, or even two...

Still if he doesn't want to stay then thay's his choice, but it is a shame because he does make a really good dark Dr...

yeah that is so true

Can you imagine the beeb casting "Chris Evans" in the role.... LAUGH A MINUTE

But I'd like to see Eddie Izzard be the first Executive Transvestite Timelord. If only to see him confront the Daleks with a "But that's a plunger!"

Maybe I could audition, I think I could manage a season then do an 'Eccleston'

From now on let quitting after less than a year be known as doing a "Christopher Eccleston" .

Basil

E.G.

1. I just Christopher Ecclestoned my job today.

2. I watched Gone with the wind but after an hour I Christopher Ecclestoned as it was boring.

3. Smoking is bad for you. You should Christopher Eccleston.

4. Drug offenders are sent to a special facillity to help Christopher Eccleston .

5. After 10 pints down the pub its time to Christopher Eccleston

From now on let quitting after less than a year be known as doing a "Christopher Eccleston" .

Basil

E.G.

1. I just Christopher Ecclestoned my job today.

2. I watched Gone with the wind but after an hour I Christopher Ecclestoned as it was boring.

3. Smoking is bad for you. You should Christopher Eccleston.

4. Drug offenders are sent to a special facillity to help Christopher Eccleston .

5. After 10 pints down the pub its time to Christopher Eccleston

LMAO!!!!