The Best & Worst Guests At LFCC

mightymax

What was Simon Pegg like?? A few questions:

1) What was your encounter with him like??

2) Did he pose for photos??

3) Was he half as funny as Nick Frost??

4) What did he write on your autograph??

I feel sick having missed him, but that's the problem with last minute changes, i'd really appreciate some answers,

thankyou, please

1) Lovely. My brother and I were about the fourth people to meet him this morning. He asked how I was, I said tired and he said "Me too!" and grinned. I asked for a photo which he agreed too .. even though my brother pushed the wrong button and switched off the camera!! Simon wanted to make sure we got a good picture ... then he did the same for my bro.

2) yep .... see above

3) He seemed a little tired but was nice. Nick was funnier .. pulling his "ooooooh Missus" face on our photo and telling me everything felt so right, so natural .... such a flirt ! I loved it!! :huh:

4) On mine " Ruth ... love Simon Pegg. On my brothers "Will ... Cheers Simon Pegg"

The choice of photos for pegg/frost weren't that good. We had hoped for a decent shuan of the dead ( which we found on a dealer stall about two hours later DOH!) and a decent SPaced shot. My brother and I share a flat and have our autographs displayed on the living room wall ... so getting duplicate shots is always dissappointing but when your choices are limited then you have to go with the flow. We had hoped that one would get Shaun stills and the other Spaced ... but it wasn't mean't to be.

I'm sure simon will turn up at other events etc. you'll get to meet him mate I am sure of it!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Stargate Atlantis guests were really great especially Dave Hewlett and Joe Flannigan they were all very chatty. Joe asked my girfriend and I what we would to with his autograph if we ever split up and wrote "don't split up".

Chris Judge was very friendly and didn't stop smiling. Michael Ironside and Biehn were also great guys!

I thought Carl Weathers was ok very polite, he didn't mind photos being taken just didn't want to pose for them. Did anyone ask him why he was wearing two watches on the same wrist???

I met Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Carl Weathers, Linda Blair, Yaphet Kotto, Burt Reynolds, Veronica Cartwright and Micheal Biehn, and i have to say they were all very friendly apart from Yaphet who didnt seem to wanna be there maybe the few people in front of me and myself caught him at the wrong time but he seemed a bit peeved :unsure:

What was Simon Pegg like?? A few questions:

1) What was your encounter with him like??

2) Did he pose for photos??

3) Was he half as funny as Nick Frost??

4) What did he write on your autograph??

I feel sick having missed him, but that's the problem with last minute changes, i'd really appreciate some answers,

thankyou, please

1. Great, caught him quite early in his signing session. He was chatty, smiling and a laugh

2. Yes, no problem.. also posed with a zombie face for my mate.

3. No.... but that's only cos when I met Nick there was no queue whatsoever(people don't know what they missed!), so I got to chat to Nick for some time (plus he wrote something pretty rude on my poster!) :lol: (um.. perhaps I'd better quantify that - when i say rude, it was a quote from the film...) ;)

4.'and Simon Pegg too!' (as he signed it after Nick)

Hope it helps. I'm sorry you missed him (and from the way he came across, I'm sure he's sorry too!)

To be honest, the guests I met (Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Michael Biehn, Michael Ironside and Chris Judge) were all excellent. They had time for people and seemed genuinely happy to be there. Not sure if it was helped by the fact the show itself seemed very quiet?!?

Kate Jackson seemed a bit fed up .. as did veronica cartwright and Yaphett but there were not many people queuing ...

thats because she had a headache, no thanks to the people who said they had no flash on, and flashed anyway.. charming, :lol:

:o

No wonder she felt a bit off if people kept flashing her!!!!

*hangs head low and slopes off for such a bad 'gag* :D

Best guests for me were Joe Flannigan and David Hewlett amazing people great to get on with and really easy going. I felt like they were really taking some notice and not just pushing you on through.

Worst Guest for me was Chris Judge, nothing against Chris cos I love him but I just didn't get anything from I suppose he shook my hand and that was it. Even said no posed photos :lol:

At the beging it was on the ticket basis and people was chucking there tickets away after they heard the way he was acting and in the afternoon it was a open que!! Perhaps a lesson to be learnt there Carl!?

Everyone had an open queue by late afternoon.

Carl was fine...when it was on ticket basis it was his assistant that was the f***-up, trying to rush you along. I went back to see him again when there was no queue this afternoon about 4pm and he was totally cool and even remembered me...(probably cos I asked about him giving up the stogies).

We chatted for a good 5-8 mins about Action Jackson, Bill Duke and of all things weight training as I was getting some interesting tips off him.

I came back to Mark Rolston near the end of Sunday just to say bye and thanks for the talk but he pushed me away after a while to do some sums on a f***ing calculator with his assistant.

That pissed me off especially as I was clearly the biggest fan at the Aliens talk.

I had a great time,

Met and talked to Chris Judge, he was great - always smiled and made you feel welcome. Overall it was an honour to meet Chris.

Also met and spoke to Michael Greenburg (exec prod stargate SG1) - what a great guy - he joked about my tee-shirt and asked where I was from and we talked about the future of SG-1. Again an honour to talk to such a wonderful person.

Finally Jonathan Frakes - his humour is terrific. Always a smile and time to look at you when you are talking.

Went to his talk (Sunday) and half way through his mother called him. Everyone had to say hello and it cracked him up. Again a wonderful person who had time for his public.

Overall the event was well organised - picture signing was orderly by numbers, so you didn't have to wait for hours. The helpers I met and spoke to were terriffic - willing to help and chat.

It was a fantastic day and all I can say is anyone who couldn't make it or decided not to go - GO TO THE NEXT ONE - you are missing a day you will remember for many years to come.

Finally - could I pick a favourite celebrity - - answer NO!!!!!! :D

Otherwise, all the guests I've met were really nice, especially Veronica Cartwright, Chris Judge and David Hewlett ! Wow, this guy was really funny and made you feel very comfortable ! We talked about the cube movie and that I was looking for a picture of that movie to make him sign but could not find one. He asked me why I did not take the jacket of the DVD... and I said I have not the DVD... and then, he said "how comes you did not buy the DVD ??" (just joking). My answer was "sorry, I spent all my money in signing events and conventions" :D which he found was a good answer :lol: Hey Porkfat, did you make him sign your Cube jacket ?

I got the jacket from my Cube DVD signed, we talked about it for ages, he was a really great guy, one of the best guests i met all day. He was really happy to see I'd bought it along to get signed. :P

I got the jacket from my Cube DVD signed, we talked about it for ages, he was a really great guy, one of the best guests i met all day. He was really happy to see I'd bought it along to get signed. :P

I wished I would have bought it too ! I will do it soon, it's only 11 EUR on Amazon.fr. Next time David shows up, I'll make him sign the jacket then ! :D

Kate Jackson seemed a bit fed up .. as did veronica cartwright and Yaphett but there were not many people queuing ...

thats because she had a headache, no thanks to the people who said they had no flash on, and flashed anyway.. charming, ;)

:wub:

*hangs head low and slopes off for such a bad 'gag* :wub:

ha.. haha

thats because she had a headache, no thanks to the people who said they had no flash on, and flashed anyway.. charming, ;)

:P

*hangs head low and slopes off for such a bad 'gag* :wub:

ha.. haha

Thanks for the show of moral support there! :wub:

I thought Carl Weathers was ok very polite, he didn't mind photos being taken just didn't want to pose for them. Did anyone ask him why he was wearing two watches on the same wrist???

LOL, it wasnt a watch, it was a bracelt/bangle thingy, i thought the same at first. ;)

by the way, i was the guy sitting with Carl on Sunday.. :wub:

Guests that I met that were cool friendly and chatty

All 4 Atlantis peeps (got a lovely huggy pic with Rachel too)

Mark Metcalf

Nick Frost (how funny was he!)

Simon Pegg (bit more rushed as he was very busy but still able to raise a few laughs)

Michael Behn

Michael Ironside

Guests that were not so nice / chatty

DB Woodside (that was a surprise to me)

Jonathan Frakes

But even then still glad to meet them so no real graons at all on my part

thats because she had a headache, no thanks to the people who said they had no flash on, and flashed anyway.. charming, :rolleyes:

:o

*hangs head low and slopes off for such a bad 'gag* :P

ha.. haha

Thanks for the show of moral support there! :P

cause you were so damn funny :P

i must say, her assistant ruled!

and her agent is SO great to talk to!

I thought that David Hewlett was down to earth and I had a nice convo with him, Joe Flanigan I found also a down to earth guy and took time out 4 a photograph! Rainbow Francks was also friendly but found Rachel Luttrell utterly sweet and adorable, I found like wrapping her up and taking her home :D:D !! Burt Reynolds always had time for us punters, and Chris Judge was kind too. I don't think anyone mentioned Melody Anderson, she still looks lovely, I could've wrapped her up as well :D Jonathan Frakes was nice but quieter than the others but still acknowledged you! But the highlight was our old friend Rel (Xena at Collectormania6) dressed practically in white with a long white/blonde wig :D , I wonder what she will wear next time!! ;)

Edited by gazzarelli

I met Nick Frost first and thought he was really nice, he told me about the zombie extra on 50,000 volts and when he got ran over by a hover craft during filming. I came away thinking Awww nice bloke.

Burt Reynolds is the coolest guy, he was really nice and friendly and actually looked happy to be there.

Joe Flannigan was okay but not overly talkative.

Simon Pegg was lovely even though I was a complete dummy and couldn't think of anything to say, I was that star struck. I was the same with Nick but thankfully my boyfriend saved the day for me when talking to Nick. He wasn't as kind when it came to Simon. If out of all the people he met he remembers a girl in a pink coat struggling to form a sentence that was me and 'Sorry'.

Christopher Judge was lovely as well when we met him on Sunday. He came quite late on Saturday so we didn't bother meeting him then. He didn't have much to say though.

Overall I really enjoyed the event, apart from me being a complete idiot all of a sudden. I couldn't even spell my name. Its only 2 letters for God's sake. Duh.

The talks were brilliant on Sunday and Burt couldv'e gone on for ages. He had some brilliant stories to tell. Simon and Nick though were my favorites and their Q and A was very good.

The only thing wrong was I didn't get my piccie took with Nick as I didn't know you could do that until later that day.

Everyone I met was great. It was Jonathan Frakes who I really wanted to meet, having been a Trek fan for 20 odd years and wanted to meet him for the last 10 he was everything I hoped he would be, charming an absolute delight and I want to thank everyone at Showmasters so much for getting him to attend.

Burt Reynolds - He was a star, what a gentleman and a genuinely nice man, did you check out the bling on Burt!

Micheal Biehn - Was lovely and much smaller than he seems on TV! He was very quiet but very polite and I was pleased to meet him.

Mark Rolston - For me was the best (after Jonathan of course) he was so so nice, really friendly and since he didn't have much of a queue at the time when I went up to see him I was able to chat to him a bit about the Shawshank Redemption, he was really interesting and really funny. He was wonderful to meet.

Thanks again to Showmasters for another brilliant event, much improved on lthe last LFCC event, really enjoyable