What is the big deal with Wrestling ?

To add to my previous post - as much as I disagree with negative posts about guests , I also believe that people should be entitled to their own opinions , as long as they are not offensive .

We have had previous posts that seem to develop into attacking certain people who have differing opinions to " the norm " and that is also wrong .Certain people seem to have been brow-beaten into submission or silence and this is wrong .

I do not think people were being offensive to you surfy , but obviously you felt they were pointing you out and it upset you and that is wrong :P

We are 5 weeks off , and still have a lot of guests to be added , so there is a chance that most people will be catered for with some guests so I am hoping for more POSITIVITY :D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please SM don't turn your wonderfull events into "sport" signings like some other organisers whos shows (that I no longer visit) have .

I know Wrestlers are mostly actors so I'll let you off this time but if you start heading that way then I know I have better things I can spend my money on.

Basil

• Moderators

I don't think anyone's being picked on here ... I personally have chosen to respond to a few things that some people said because I didn't agree with them.

I would not think Showmasters themselves have boundaries as such. I would assume they have a "never say never" attitude to MANY guests, I mean they had Uri Gellar didn't they?

Sure, the quality of guests have become better over the events, but they all have to start somewhere! like ... start with Sala, end up with Elijah etc! And the same with wrestling, start with Stacy and Test and see how it goes? Do u really begrudge them the opportunity to expand their fanbases that they cover? It's better all round, for EVERYONE! The shows become more of a success, more money is made etc ... they have to try new things!

No-one has been attacked, I simply don't agree with some of the stuff that has been said, so don't start sulking over it! A lot of us here just feel like people focus WAY too much on the negatives!!

Wrestling in the olympics is a totally different deal, and I'd certainly not expect to see ANY olympic athletes OR *any* sports people at a Collectormania in the future unless someone like David Beckham or whatever was available! The fact is that the "wrestling" that is being represented - WWE - is SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. It does not claim to be any different! It is there for entertainment purposes, just like ANY of the shows that are represented at Collectormania. I honestly *do* feel like the people who are so negative towards "wrestling" are ones that totally don't understand it and have a very limited knowledge of it. It seems like ur scared of something new?!

At the end of the day - and this addresses EVERYONE - it is not going to affect YOU personally and your enjoyment of Collectormania by having a couple of wrestlers there! Is it going to ruin the event for you? OF COURSE NOT! So why even BOTHER to post negative, unhelpful and generally rude comments about some of the guests? Some of the guests in the past have COME ON HERE! Do you think they'd appreciate reading your messages? I don't think so. I'd hate for them to get that image of the kinda fans that will go to the events! I mean, even managers and agents often scan this place, and what if they saw and thought that their guests are gonna get a hard time from people like u? I doubt that evere runs through your mind.

Sure, people are allowed opinions, but I fail to see, even after reading what everyone has put, how negative comments about guests help ANYONE? What is the point in them, seriously? Do you hope to get Showmasters to withdraw the guests? I just can't understand ... like BILLY BOYD, WHO WANTS TO SEE HIM AGAIN? Well, obviously a lot of LOTR fans! I don't! But I don't write crap about him because I know it's INAPPROPRIATE! I would NEVER want to put down anyone for THEIR likes ... when was there ever a thread asking what's so good about Star Trek? Never as far as I can remember! So why are "wrestling" fans asked to justify THEIR love for something? If ur going on about picking on someone ... there it is!

People need to be more positive cuz too many people are starting to get sick of the crap on here. And yeah I might rant but I'm tired and right now I don't think I care too much :P Plus, I didn't mention any names, so I'm not picking on anyone, it's a generalisation :D

Edited by DavidB6937

• Moderators
David, how can you write so much when it is so late.....

I'm reading this with only one eye as I am so tired and you are making me read a lot with that one, poor, overworked eye :D

I type quickly, therefore taking less effort/time, so I don't have to stay awake for too long :( PLUS I'm not giving up on this argument yet, no matter how late it is, it's something I feel pretty strongly about! :P I've had to justify liking wrestling since back in school! I'm 21 now, I still like it, there are plenty of people older than me liking it too! :lol:

• Moderators
I looked but found an old remote control for a TV that broke 4 years ago, £4.83 in 1p pieces and something that I can only presume was once ...a slice of toast!

Look on eBay, u might be able to get a 2nd hand eye for that price! :P

David, how can you write so much when it is so late.....

I'm reading this with only one eye as I am so tired and you are making me read a lot with that one, poor, overworked eye :lol:

I type quickly, therefore taking less effort/time, so I don't have to stay awake for too long :lol: PLUS I'm not giving up on this argument yet, no matter how late it is, it's something I feel pretty strongly about! :P I've had to justify liking wrestling since back in school! I'm 21 now, I still like it, there are plenty of people older than me liking it too! :(

including me! :D

You do type fast, I was just writing that last post of mine and yours has appeared in between!! :(

I need sleep soon!

I looked but found an old remote control for a TV that broke 4 years ago, £4.83 in 1p pieces and something that I can only presume was once ...a slice of toast!

Look on eBay, u might be able to get a 2nd hand eye for that price! :P

I wonder what an eye that costs under a fiver on ebay would have seen in its lifetime....Ok Ok, thats just silly, I must be sleep posting! :D

• Moderators

Look on eBay, u might be able to get a 2nd hand eye for that price! :D

I wonder what an eye that costs under a fiver on ebay would have seen in its lifetime....Ok Ok, thats just silly, I must be sleep posting! :(

Oooh it'd be cool if u got ALL the memories from that eye's life with it! ... hmm ... yeah, posting this late ... or this early? :P ... is probably not the best idea!

I LOVE WRESTLING AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO ADMIT IT!

AND I ALREADY KNOW IT'S NOT ALL REAL!

P.S. SANTA'S NOT REAL EITHER! sorry!

Why are you making me think at this time!!!! :D Is it really early or is it really late!!! AAARRGGHH!! how am I gonna sleep while working that one out...

All I know is this...

Stacey is so hot!! :P

Santa is real damn you...how else do my presents arrive, I made sure my parents did not have a key to my house to test this kind of thing and the presents still were there in the morning!!!

I don't think anyone's being picked on here ... I personally have chosen to respond to a few things that some people said because I didn't agree with them.

I would not think Showmasters themselves have boundaries as such. I would assume they have a "never say never" attitude to MANY guests, I mean they had Uri Gellar didn't they?

Sure, the quality of guests have become better over the events, but they all have to start somewhere! like ... start with Sala, end up with Elijah etc! And the same with wrestling, start with Stacy and Test and see how it goes? Do u really begrudge them the opportunity to expand their fanbases that they cover? It's better all round, for EVERYONE! The shows become more of a success, more money is made etc ... they have to try new things!

No-one has been attacked, I simply don't agree with some of the stuff that has been said, so don't start sulking over it! A lot of us here just feel like people focus WAY too much on the negatives!!

Wrestling in the olympics is a totally different deal, and I'd certainly not expect to see ANY olympic athletes OR *any* sports people at a Collectormania in the future unless someone like David Beckham or whatever was available! The fact is that the "wrestling" that is being represented - WWE - is SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. It does not claim to be any different! It is there for entertainment purposes, just like ANY of the shows that are represented at Collectormania. I honestly *do* feel like the people who are so negative towards "wrestling" are ones that totally don't understand it and have a very limited knowledge of it. It seems like ur scared of something new?!

At the end of the day - and this addresses EVERYONE - it is not going to affect YOU personally and your enjoyment of Collectormania by having a couple of wrestlers there! Is it going to ruin the event for you? OF COURSE NOT! So why even BOTHER to post negative, unhelpful and generally rude comments about some of the guests? Some of the guests in the past have COME ON HERE! Do you think they'd appreciate reading your messages? I don't think so. I'd hate for them to get that image of the kinda fans that will go to the events! I mean, even managers and agents often scan this place, and what if they saw and thought that their guests are gonna get a hard time from people like u? I doubt that evere runs through your mind.

Sure, people are allowed opinions, but I fail to see, even after reading what everyone has put, how negative comments about guests help ANYONE? What is the point in them, seriously? Do you hope to get Showmasters to withdraw the guests? I just can't understand ... like BILLY BOYD, WHO WANTS TO SEE HIM AGAIN? Well, obviously a lot of LOTR fans! I don't! But I don't write crap about him because I know it's INAPPROPRIATE! I would NEVER want to put down anyone for THEIR likes ... when was there ever a thread asking what's so good about Star Trek? Never as far as I can remember! So why are "wrestling" fans asked to justify THEIR love for something? If ur going on about picking on someone ... there it is!

People need to be more positive cuz too many people are starting to get sick of the crap on here. And yeah I might rant but I'm tired and right now I don't think I care too much :lol: Plus, I didn't mention any names, so I'm not picking on anyone, it's a generalisation :lol:

I agree with David about so much of what he said . Each to their own , and can we please keep away from the negative comments flying around at the minute about guests :P

As for not liking wrestling because I am scared of something new - I don't like it , having tried to watch , and couldn't even tell you why . And I won't justify that either - I just don't like it :D

I am chuffed for you that you have these WWE guests :(

• Moderators
As for not liking wrestling because I am scared of something new - I don't like it , having tried to watch , and couldn't even tell you why . And I won't justify that either - I just don't like it :lol:

I am chuffed for you that you have these WWE guests :D

:D ur more than welcome not to like it! I mean, GG in his first post on this thead wasn't exactly kind with his words about wrestling! I don't like the way it was put! But of course I respect ppls decisions not to like it! I don't like Stargate! Why? I don't know! It's just something I've never been able to get into ... just like Star Trek, I only liked TNG and the latter seasons of DS9, I couldn't ever get into TOS or Voyager or even Enterprise! But that's just the way things go ... I'm always more than happy that my friends get to meet the people THEY love, and it's just a shame some people on this forum *aren't* happy for US wrestling fans! I'm not gonna tell them that they shouldn't have who they want, cuz really I'm not mean :P

• Moderators
Santa is real damn you...how else do my presents arrive, I made sure my parents did not have a key to my house to test this kind of thing and the presents still were there in the morning!!!

Pixies silly! It's all pixies :lol:

Nor do I like Star Trek

*Faints*

Well, theres no harm in having different types of guests is there now! I admit to being sceptical about certain guests in the past (from other shows though), but i think it sounds like a bit of fun, so y not!!!

O.K. I have read through everyones posts to my original message and in hindsight , maybe I was a little over the top on my first post.

I was just kinda shocked that we had another wrestler announced and not being a fan was a bit upset that it wasn't a guest that I wanted to see and looked to me like the show was going in a different direction.

However, this is a forum and I think it is good that we do no always all like the same thing, share the same points of view etc We all have guests, t.v. films that we like or don't like, but I don't feel that anyone should not be allowed to post on here , if they don't agree with a guest announcement or a change to the show.

There is a separate discussion , which is not new as well about wrestling generally , in terms of whether it is a sport, is it entertainment etc Well, of course it is fake, many of you have posted that the bouts are scripted before hand, so it is a story it is not real. This does not mean the wrestlers are not fit or strong, just that people need to see it in the light that it is presented.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What you can be sure of is that the wrestlers that you see in the Olympic games , or the contestants in strongman would wipe the floor with these guys in a real event. If you enjoy the show, then fine, but don't pretend these guys are sport stars, they are more closely described as the equivalent of body building entertainers.

For those of you that are fans of these people, I hope you enjoy meeting them.

I'm afraid you're sadly mistake *again* GG.

There are a fair few (well, ok, two or three top tier stars) within the WWE that have wrestled to an extremely high standard in what you may call "proper wrestling" (in reality, known as amateur wrestling), most famously including Kurt Angle, a multi olympic gold medallist.

This again lets you down I'm afraid, if you're going to sling an insult, at least make sure you have your facts straight.

I *do* have an idea for sorting out all the problems on the forum from now on though....

Let's get in the ring! those of you who don't believe it's real *can't* be in any danger, can you?

*winks at those who know*

Yeah Wrestling isn;t really my thing but if peeps wants to pay £15 for a wrestler's auto they can do but they aint gonna convince me lmao

Muscley guys big turn off yuck a bit of muscle ok that much :yoda:

I think it's more of a guy thing maybe :huh:

I will say that GG you really p****d me off. 'glittery outfist?' maybe the girls yes. Steroids? Du'h illegal, Macmahon already had the fight.

I really took offence as a wrestler, checkout the 2 websites in my signatures, you may see a difference to what you said.

Please just check out and learn a few of the facts.

• Showmasters Admin
Id love to get in the ring with anyone who fancies it, I already have a tag team partner and he does matrial arts!, SM should arrange it in the middle of MK centre!

Must have chairs , ladders and tables goes without question!

:yoda::huh:

I quit match only though

And you're new Manager is nearly 7 feet tall :D

*goes off to forge BuFF and SALEMs sigs on a contact so I get 20% of everything*