What is the big deal with Wrestling ?

Id love to get in the ring with anyone who fancies it, I already have a tag team partner and he does matrial arts!, SM should arrange it in the middle of MK centre!

Must have chairs , ladders and tables goes without question!

:D  :P

I quit match only though

And you're new Manager is nearly 7 feet tall :o

*goes off to forge BuFF and SALEMs sigs on a contact so I get 20% of everything*

*JLB sticks his signature on the forged document to get his cut..a fat 2%* :P

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid you're sadly mistake *again* GG.

There are a fair few (well, ok, two or three top tier stars) within the WWE that have wrestled to an extremely high standard in what you may call "proper wrestling" (in reality, known as amateur wrestling), most famously including Kurt Angle, a multi olympic gold medallist.

This again lets you down I'm afraid, if you're going to sling an insult, at least make sure you have your facts straight.

I *do* have an idea for sorting out all the problems on the forum from now on though....

Let's get in the ring! those of you who don't believe it's real *can't* be in any danger, can you?

*winks at those who know*

O.K. neither of us can prove this either way, because we can't get a WWE wrestler and current Olympic wrestler in the ring together and see who wins, so neither of us can prove our point.

Generally, the only times the wrestlers get injured on WWE and similar is because the choreographed movement they have rehearsed goes wrong, or they fall awkwardly for example when doing a tumble, or make contact when they were not supposed to.

Personally, not being that acrobatic, I don't think I would fancy getting in the ring with them. However, if I was a fully fit trained athlete, I would fancy my chances against a WWE star, rather than the Athlete who wins the Gold in any wrestling class at the Olympics.

• Moderators

Shelton Benjamin's had an amateur background, as did Brock Lesnar so ... they definitely have wrestlers who are properly trained! Many of them have had past success in American Football as well (The Rock, Ron Simmons, a few others?!) ... so there are definitely good athletes out there!

Id love to get in the ring with anyone who fancies it, I already have a tag team partner and he does matrial arts!, SM should arrange it in the middle of MK centre!

:lol:  :P

I quit match only though

And you're new Manager is nearly 7 feet tall B)

*goes off to forge BuFF and SALEMs sigs on a contact so I get 20% of everything*

Yep, Manager Hightower!!

@Police Academy music kicks in@

:D;)

JBL we all need a trainer!

:P  B)

I quit match only though

And you're new Manager is nearly 7 feet tall :D

Yep, Manager Hightower!!

;);)

I am probably the wrong guy for the trainers job....but I will take it and make you guys run until you puke!!!

If you need an incentive...think of Stacey!!!she will be at the finish line (I lie so well!) :lol:

:P  B)

I quit match only though

And you're new Manager is nearly 7 feet tall :D

Yep, Manager Hightower!!

;);)

I am probably the wrong guy for the trainers job....but I will take it and make you guys run until you puke!!!

If you need an incentive...think of Stacey!!!she will be at the finish line (I lie so well!) :lol:

I cant think of anything else to be honest!

;);)

Wrestling is pretty much aimed at 15-25 year old males, hence all the women and violence. The 15-25 is pretty accurate i was insanely into wrestling upto about age 23 and after that it just got boring. Too much of it on tv meant it got stale with no time to build stories and a lot of one dimensional wrestlers (HHH) getting pushed over talented ones (Benoit).

:D  ;)

I quit match only though

And you're new Manager is nearly 7 feet tall ;)

Yep, Manager Hightower!!

;);)

If you need an incentive...think of Stacey!!!she will be at the finish line (I lie so well!) B)

I cant think of anything else to be honest!

;);)

:lol::P

Ok, think of Test chasing you then!!

I will say that GG you really p****d me off. 'glittery outfist?' maybe the girls yes. Steroids? Du'h illegal, Macmahon already had the fight.

I really took offence as a wrestler, checkout the 2 websites in my signatures, you may see a difference to what you said.

Please just check out and learn a few of the facts.

Don't take it personally.

I will have a look at the sites you suggested.

Out of interest, what type , and how much training do you do on a weekly basis ?

• Showmasters Admin
Whats everybodys finishing move though??

BuFFs the "BlockBuster", Jumping neckbreaker from the middle rope.

;)

Is that where you slip off the ropes and break your own? Not sure you should do that one!

Naa it's when he's trying to talk to me and looks up too quickly :D;)

I will say that GG you really p****d me off. 'glittery outfist?' maybe the girls yes. Steroids? Du'h illegal, Macmahon already had the fight.

I really took offence as a wrestler, checkout the 2 websites in my signatures, you may see a difference to what you said.

Out of interest, what type , and how much training do you do on a weekly basis ?

Twice a week on Saturday and Sunday, 4 hours on a Sat and 7 hours on a sunday + if you wanted to do extra Gym time i.e weights, that is up to you.

Type of training, is up to you depending on whether you wanted to do powerhouse high flying hardcore etc, but everyone has to learn the basic Bumps, not tumbles as some poeple called them.

BTW: Finishing Move, Swan Ton Bomb or Hurricarana.

Im up for SWF.

Whats everybodys finishing move though??

BuFFs the "BlockBuster", Jumping neckbreaker from the middle rope.

;)

Is that where you slip off the ropes and break your own? Not sure you should do that one!

Naa it's when he's trying to talk to me and looks up too quickly :D;)

Aint that the truth, BTW we have a new nickname for you Too Tal mate its "Hightower!!"

;);)

Twice a week on Saturday and Sunday, 4 hours on a Sat and 7 hours on a sunday + if you wanted to do extra Gym time i.e weights, that is up to you.

Type of training, is up to you depending on whether you wanted to do powerhouse high flying hardcore etc, but everyone has to learn the basic Bumps, not tumbles as some poeple called them.

Im up for SWF.

What is the SWF ?

What sort of attendances do you get at your events ? Perhaps I should try and come along and see you guys in action.

I think I may be a bit past it though to train as a wrestler !

Wrestling is pretty much aimed at 15-25 year old males, hence all the women and violence. The 15-25 is pretty accurate i was insanely into wrestling upto about age 23 and after that it just got boring. Too much of it on tv meant it got stale with no time to build stories and a lot of one dimensional wrestlers (HHH) getting pushed over talented ones (Benoit).

WWE's actual target age (quoted by them) is that their main audience is 18-35 year old males.

As for those who don't get the big deal with wrestling I urge you to attend FWA's huge Hotwired show this coming Sunday, FWA offer the best wrestling and entertainment is this country I can assure you. Also the event as usual is being recorded for the weekly FWA TV show on the wrestling channel so you will be able to get your face on TV :wub: site is www.frontierwrestling.com

Im up for SWF.

What is the SWF ?

What sort of attendances do you get at your events ? Perhaps I should try and come along and see you guys in action.

I think I may be a bit past it though to train as a wrestler !

Our shows get between 100-150 at each show, as t is a relativley new company however everyone there has been wrestling for at least 2 years.

Our main venue can only seat 200 at a push, thats including standing room so we do quite well.

We are starting to move around the country though. Check out our website for more details.

Theres nothing like live independent wrestling.

SWF = Showmaster's Wrestling Federation