What is the big deal with Wrestling ?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to me like a bunch of steroid munching panto stars in glittery suits somersaulting round the ring.

Why are these guys suddenly invading Collectormania. Have they ever been in a sci-fi or fantasy TV or Fillm ?

Maybe the Rock, but what is going on ?

Im with you on this one dude :unsure:

• Moderators
shush  :huh:  Of course it's real!

:lol: phew! i was worried there :huh:

OK so maybe Buffy's real :P

I mean otherwise we'd all go around biting each other.

Now ur telling me I'm not supposed to bite people!? :P

oh for gods sake, whinge whinge whinge, im bloody sick of it!!!!!

u lot are the only ppl in the world who r like guarunteed to meet a bunch of famous ppl n complain about it!!!!!!!!!

BE GREATFUL UR MEETIN ANY1 AT ALL!!!!!!!

• Moderators

U tell em Jacs! :P

yeah go me! lol

btw, Buffy *is* real! ive seen her! on the telly! n ive seen me on the telly right, n i know I'M real, so therefore Buffy must be real too!

Gotta love the girl's logic! :lol:

• Showmasters Admin
oh for gods sake, whinge whinge whinge, im bloody sick of it!!!!!

u lot are the only ppl in the world who r like guarunteed to meet a bunch of famous ppl n complain about it!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a little harshly put, but I entirely agree with the sentiments B)

Me too.

STOP BEING NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!

It really is getting annoying. If you don't like a guest great, why post about it. What good can come from it. All you are doing is putting down the guest, their fans and most of all SM (who do an bloody amasing job at putting these shows together).

Before you type a negative post, just think for one second if I was the guest, a fan or an SM how would I feel when I read this post. If the answer is "I'd feel like ar$e". Why do it????? Do you like upsetting other ppl???

End of rant.

• Moderators
All joking aside I do stand by what I said. This negativity is annoying.

Very true.

If I were Showmasters, to be honest by now I probably would have lost a lot of patience with some people! Everyone really KNOWS they're not gonna get 30 guests that they wanna meet, but most of us don't moan and appear greedy! But sadly, there are a few who do, and I think it's unfair B)

• Showmasters Admin
And wears Terminator sunglasses!!! :angry: Eats baby's for breakfast!! B) Etc, Etc

That is true, you will never find me without at least one pair of Oakley's on me. Although I normally prefer babies for lunch actually :yoda:

• Showmasters Admin
All joking aside I do stand by what I said. This negativity is annoying.

Very true.

If I were Showmasters, to be honest by now I probably would have lost a lot of patience with some people! Everyone really KNOWS they're not gonna get 30 guests that they wanna meet, but most of us don't moan and appear greedy! But sadly, there are a few who do, and I think it's unfair B)

It is a real shame.

when GG started this post, he was curious I'm sure about what people thought of wrestling guests being announced. the only thing that has turned this all negative is that fact that everyone has got defensive and started being mean and picking on the few of us who have said we don't like it.

if people were being negative I think you would see lots of angry smilies :D

surfy sah xx

ps-I know everyone has different likes etc but I don't like being picked on/attacked/singled out just because I said I don't like wrestling or what ever it is my post was taken apart for. I don't see it being made a big deal about OTHER people saying simular things to what I've said.

if people want to disagree with my thoughts and opinions fine but I'd rather it was posted generally and not quoted and my post being taken apart as if it's an attack about me personally , du know how un-nice that is? :D (note how I have not quoted or name dropped :lol: )

further more I also added that it didn't bother me if I don't want to meet them, saves me some money :D

lastly like to state, as some one quoted earlier, that I was under the impression CM is a film and tv event just as LFACC is film and comics?! and that yes wrestling is on tv but it is a SPORT! people who wrestled in the Olympics did not do any of this scripted stuff some people are comparing to LotR and other shows!!! :D

and it might be alot easier if we DID know there were boundries (that's if there are) then people would know if it were appropriate to request BB stars or Olympic champions :lol:

• Showmasters Admin

See I don't agree with you first statement. If GG had posted a thread saying. "I'm not a wrestling fan and so I'm just wondering why people like it?" This would not have started. But he didn't, he posted a very negative thread.

We do all have our opinions but there are ways of putting my accross tactfully. If I came into the SG1 fourm and wrote a thread saying "So this pile of ar$e about Eygpt and crap, why would I want to watch it then?". I sure you'd find that a bit offensive as would I. I wouldn't do it. But GG has done the equivilent here.

I too am not a wrestling fan but I get annoyed when ppl feel the need to add posts to subjects they're not interested in just to be negative. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I would tell you what is cool about SG and why we watch it in the hope of you thinking hmm maybe I'll check it out. :P

GG has said "some one convince me" as in tell me what's cool about it?!?! :D

obviosuly I am not GG so I can not speak for him which is NOT what I was trying to do in my previous post (just trying to support some one who was being slated)

again stop making this about me and using things I like to put accross the point you are making.

I have no quarrell with you or anyone else. I try and put what I think accross in a balanced manner and stick up for people who are being attacked. I have not singled out anyone in my posts so I'd appreciate it you'd stop picking on me and what I say.

surfy sah xx :(

See I don't agree with you first statement. If GG had posted a thread saying. "I'm not a wrestling fan and so I'm just wondering why people like it?" This would not have started. But he didn't, he posted a very negative thread.

We do all have our opinions but there are ways of putting my accross tactfully. If I came into the SG1 fourm and wrote a thread saying "So this pile of ar$e about Eygpt and crap, why would I want to watch it then?". I sure you'd find that a bit offensive as would I. I wouldn't do it. But GG has done the equivilent here.

I too am not a wrestling fan but I get annoyed when ppl feel the need to add posts to subjects they're not interested in just to be negative. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I agree with TT that the first post was negative , as well as a lot of the others , and I feel that there is no need .

These Wrestlers have been booked by SM for exactly the same reason as Carrie Fisher and Amanda Tapping etc, and that is to draw the crowds . I do not have time for WWE etc. , but I understand that it is very popular and not just among non-Collectormania goers - some of the biggest posters have been shown to be fans ( and good for them ) .

I believe that NOBODY should post calling ANY guest - it is rude , and if any of the guests happened to read these posts they might decide not to come , and that is even if they saw a nasty post about any of the other stars .

Everybody should stick to who they WANT , not what they don't like :P

• Showmasters Admin
I would tell you what is cool about SG and why we watch it in the hope of you thinking hmm maybe I'll check it out.  :P

GG has said "some one convince me" as in tell me what's cool about it?!?!  :D

obviosuly I am not GG so I can not speak for him which is NOT what I was trying to do in my previous post (just trying to support some one who was being slated)

again stop making this about me and using things I like to put accross the point you are making.

I have no quarrell with you or anyone else. I try and put what I think accross in a balanced manner and stick up for people who are being attacked. I have not singled out anyone in my posts so I'd appreciate it you'd stop picking on me and what I say.

surfy sah xx :lol:

Sarah I have no problem with you. Sorry if it came across that way. I do like SG1 already :( If you're coming to the C6 party come and say hello I'll buy you a drink.

I just think that GG really should have thought about the way he wrote that post. It is very negative.

Edited by Too Tall