Paid Talks Seating Plan?

stace

I went to the event on saturday & loved it all, esp Misha Collins but my only complaint from the whole day and that was the seating plan for the supernatural talk.,. me and my sister bought it as soon it was announced and had numbers 29 and 30 yet when we got there we were told we weren't sitting together and in fact she was completely the other end of the talk to me. i assumed our ticket numbers would just be our seat numbers. there was another woman next to be who had come with her 11 year old and they had to sit apart too, which was wrong too.

I was just wondering why the seating plan was so ''ridiculous''? and was there a reason for it? I mean we did pay to sit together.

- rant over - :) but other than that everything else was bril.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. The ticket numbers should have been your seat numbers. For the paid talks the number should have been on the back of your seat.

Unfortunately sometimes it does indeed happen that the seats are not next to each other even when the numbers are. Was this the problem, or did someone seat you in random seats?

The numbers aren't distributed with let's say 1 to 20 from left to right because then 1 would have to sit at a very odd angle although that ticket holder ordered first. The seating plan as it is an attempt to try to make it fair to everyone.

I'm hoping I make any sense, once TooTall comes back on he will be able to explain much better.

Did you speak to a crew member and ask to sit together? Especially for the woman next to you and her daughter they should have found a solution.

yeah we did, but all the seats around us where filled.

what happened was our ticket numbers were 29 and 30 but were told by the crew that they correlated with a letter and number which was on the wall outside it so our two were A5 and A23. which was opposite ends at the talk. One of the members of crew just said sorry there not together but couldnt do anything about it because it was a busy talk.

what happened was our ticket numbers were 29 and 30 but were told by the crew that they correlated with a letter and number which was on the wall outside it so our two were A5 and A23. which was opposite ends at the talk.

Okay, then they changed the system. I wasn't aware of that, sorry. Either TooTall or someone working in the talk area should hopefully be able to answer this for you when they get back home.

Yeah, the new seating arrangements seemed rather, um, eccentric. While people queued outside the talk area, crew went down the line asking for people's ticket numbers. These were then looked up on a chart and you were given a seat number (actually a letter followed by a number). This seemed to add a layer of confusion to the process, especially as (as far as I could see) only the seats on the ends of rows had numbers physically attached. So to find your seat, you first had to have your ticket number coverted to a code, then you had to find the right row and count off a number of seats until you found the correct one. When it's Sunday afternoon and you last had any decent sleep on Thursday night, maths gets a little tricky. :wub:

I thought it was quite simple to find where your seat would be...ducks down!

I only glanced at the plan once but the first row behind the gold's was row A, then B, C and so on workling backwards. Each rows seats would be 1 to 25'ish ( I didn't notice how many seats per row), left to right. So I would assume ticket 1 would be seat A1, ticket 25 would be A25, ticket 26 B1 and so on. Wasn't this the case? My seat locations for Charmed and Torchwood seemed to relate to this.

Y'know, I think you're right - they were indeed in blocks of 25. One point in the new system's favour is that it at least made everyone aware that the seating was allocated.

I don't know what happened with the Supernatural talk, though. What stace has described doesn't seem to be a side effect of the conversion process.

I only glanced at the plan once but the first row behind the gold's was row A, then B, C and so on workling backwards. Each rows seats would be 1 to 25'ish ( I didn't notice how many seats per row), left to right. So I would assume ticket 1 would be seat A1, ticket 25 would be A25, ticket 26 B1 and so on. Wasn't this the case? My seat locations for Charmed and Torchwood seemed to relate to this.

no it was weirdly done like in blocks of 5 but ours was no where near each other. 29 and 30 werent together and the woman next to me was A6 and her daughter was something like B10 which again wasnt together but at least they were closer.

no it was weirdly done like in blocks of 5 but ours was no where near each other. 29 and 30 werent together and the woman next to me was A6 and her daughter was something like B10 which again wasnt together but at least they were closer.

I am the lady mentioned here, I had ticket numbers 11, 12 and 13. Our allocated seats were A6, B10 and B11. This seemed an extremely strange way of organising the seating. Why put consecutive seat numbers so far apart, especially when the tickets have been bought together in one transaction? Luckily for us 2 of the seats were together otherwise my daughter who is actually only 9 would have been sitting with strangers which would definitely not been acceptable. I did express my concerns to a crew member who told me there was nothing they could do unless we wanted to sit on the back row. I wanted good seats for this talk which is why I booked as soon as the talk was announced so why should I then have to sit at the back. It wasn't worth making a huge fuss over because as mentioned 2 of the seats were together so my daughter sat with my husband and I sat seperately.

I suppose what I am trying to say is next time please try and sit people consecutively according to the numbers on their tickets so that groups of people who booked together get to sit together.

• Showmasters Admin

The plan was done so that earlier ticket got a more central seat and then they worked there way out.

i.e. So that person with ticket 1 was not sat on the far right but person with ticket number 10 was in the middle. And later on it could mean ticket 92 was sat in the far right but ticket 105 would be in the middle with a great view.

Apolgies to thoughs that it effected. I can see now that this was not to peoples liking and next time it will purely be in ticket number order.

This will still not stop this completely as it's still possible that you'll have ticket 23 ans 24 and this would mean one is in seat 23 in the first row and the other is in seat 1 of the second row.

Edited by Too Tall

I was also one of those affected by the seating prob.

I brought 2 tickets for torchwood talk as soon as they went on sale.

Never even entered my head that the two seats would not be together.

So I was very upset and annoyed when I discovered one ticket was b6 and the other a17.

I explained this to the lady who had the chart and she was trying to be very helpful and fetched another crewmember lady fr the seating area who I'm sorry to have to say was the rudest person I have ever met at a showmasters event. Very bluntly told me basically that was the way it was & nothing could be done even after my sister explained that I experience panic attacks which us why at these sort of things I have someone with me.

However after explaining to Too Tall as usual he sorted it out so we still have great seats which were next to each other.

I know too tall has said on here he tried something diff and has said it didn't work out - so fair play for this.

I do think though even if you do just the straight row system if someone purchases more than one ticket for a talk at one time it should be done so everyone sits together even it if means you end up being allocated the next row.

So just to say thanks to Too Tall & the lady at the desk.

Yeah to be honest I have the same complaint, I had the most amazing weekend except the Charmed talk where me and my sister were numbers 80 and 81 and I was in like C1 and my sister was in E10 or something like that, completely different sides of the room Thankfully the person who had ticket E9 was by herself and Happily took my seat so I could sit with my sister (big thanks to her).

I didn't understand the seating plan at all and weren't happy that we paid at the same time and were in completely different areas but in the Torchwood talk we were next to each other.

Thank you Too Tall for explain the situation and hopefully next time things will be different, I know that if they are simply in order it won't mean we are directly next to each other but at least there is more of chance and to be honest it'll make it so much easier and probably quicker when trying to find your seats

• Showmasters Admin

As I said above apolagies to those it effected. On paper it worked fine. Obviously in practice it didn't. I'm never afraid to put my hand up and say "It was my idea and it didn't work!".

We'll go to a simple straight number system next time and hopefully it'll resolve these issues.

Edited by Too Tall

The plan was done so that earlier ticket got a more central seat and then they worked there way out.

i.e. So that person with ticket 1 was not sat on the far right but person with ticket number 10 was in the middle. And later on it could mean ticket 92 was sat in the far right but ticket 105 would be in the middle with a great view.

Apolgies to thoughs that it effected. I can see now that this was not to peoples liking and next time it will purely be in ticket number order.

This will still not stop this completely as it's still possible that you'll have ticket 23 ans 24 and this would mean one is in seat 23 in the first row and the other is in seat 1 of the second row.

Ah, I understand now.

Good concept, and would have been a nice perk for early ticket buyers. It was worth trying it out.

The seating plan worked fantastically for me, and I thought it was a brilliant idea as it seemed very fair with the ticket number you had compared to your view. I was on my own for the Charmed talk, and I was with the person I booked with for the Torchwood talk - although really, I wouldn't have minded if we had been split up, it's not a big deal to me who I'm sat with in the talks as you're not going to talk to them during it.

So it seems I'm in the minority in this thread, but I thought it was a brilliant system to make sure everyone got the view their ticket number should give them.

I was slightly sad that for the Charmed talk the photo didn't have Brian on as well, but it was still a lovely photo.

Yeah despite some of the fans doing the usual (and now very old) COE moaning I loved the picture given out, very evocative and emotional.

Will defo get it signed by John and Gareth next time I meet them both (if I can)

I got 4/500

I saw the picture and was like oh no it's a sad one! lol. I'm aiming to get John to sign it next time I meet him, and got it signed by Gareth and Kai just before the end of the day - Gareth made it less sad...

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss102/l...dlkoautolol.jpg

Edited by lizzy88