Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

2 minutes ago, TerraHawk said:

Anneke sells signed DVDs and other things on her official website.

At this point i'd prefer to meet her, as i've got two signed DVDs but not meet her yet, which yeah i really want to, also whilst this breaks TOS a little i will risk it, but Damn a real old Guest got announced elsewhere, dude is 98 nearly 99 and is doing a signing, legend.

also there was a comic announcement but nothing of note as none have any full doctor who connections beyond one comic writer, but i don't really cover those atm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

At this point i'd prefer to meet her, as i've got two signed DVDs but not meet her yet, which yeah i really want to, also whilst this breaks TOS a little i will risk it, but Damn a real old Guest got announced elsewhere, dude is 98 nearly 99 and is doing a signing, legend.

Yes I think he's done one or two there before.

You know Chris Matthews at the London Film Fair this weekend is Star Wars (New Hope) and Tenth Planet don't you?

13 hours ago, D-C-A said:

also there was a comic announcement but nothing of note as none have any full doctor who connections beyond one comic writer, but i don't really cover those atm.

And I missed his name, when referencing actors who have hit or approaching the centuries. Amateur mistake

43 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

And I missed his name, when referencing actors who have hit or approaching the centuries. Amateur mistake

Tbh my mistake was thinking he was dead, even when I first watched it in 2008 I thought he was dead, so the actor being alive shocks me greatly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Tbh my mistake was thinking he was dead, even when I first watched it in 2008 I thought he was dead, so the actor being alive shocks me greatly

An easy mistake to make, given their age I'm afraid.

A little research, and we have Laurie Webb as well, who has just celebrated his 99th birthday last month.

Edited by Mfahey79

3 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

An easy mistake to make, given their age I'm afraid.

A little research, and we have Laurie Webb as well, who has just celebrated his 99th birthday last month.

With the sad timing that Toby Hadoke has announced his screen wife in the Three Doctors, Patricia Prior has just passed away aged 94. Sad news indeed

On 6/12/2023 at 1:10 AM, D-C-A said:

i saw an announcement that the YALC is returning this time in the winter, my guess is they've booked too many guests this con and need to spread it out, maybe winter will make use of more space, i hope they get some Doctor who Writers at least.

There haven't been a huge amount of Who writers on the YALC floor before, the only ones I needed were Juno Dawson and Alistair Reynolds.

5 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

With the sad timing that Toby Hadoke has announced his screen wife in the Three Doctors, Patricia Prior has just passed away aged 94. Sad news indeed

This is heartbreaking to hear, I only have one signature on my “The Three Doctors” being Katy Manning (Again I forgot about that when meeting John Levene again), but it’s a fantastic story and set the grounds for the series, to know another is gone is truely upsetting, it’s more than likely that Webb will go soon, but I would like him to break 100.

2 hours ago, TerraHawk said:

There haven't been a huge amount of Who writers on the YALC floor before, the only ones I needed were Juno Dawson and Alistair Reynolds.

It would be nice to get some in, I missed Ben Aaronovitch for personal reasons at this show and would like to correct that, I dunno who else they could get whose done book work, any ideas?

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

This is heartbreaking to hear, I only have one signature on my “The Three Doctors” being Katy Manning (Again I forgot about that when meeting John Levene again), but it’s a fantastic story and set the grounds for the series, to know another is gone is truely upsetting, it’s more than likely that Webb will go soon, but I would like him to break 100.

Well, based on a post by Toby Hadoke, he still manages to play 3 rounds of golf a week. He doesnt mention how may holes mind. even so, if that is true the guy is a legend 

19 hours ago, D-C-A said:

It would be nice to get some in, I missed Ben Aaronovitch for personal reasons at this show and would like to correct that, I dunno who else they could get whose done book work, any ideas?

Justin Richards has written Doctor Who books and other ranges and has worked for big finish. But other than him non leap of the page to be honest. (I'll get my coat)

On 6/9/2023 at 3:27 AM, D-C-A said:

also the trip is now paid off for me, i have a hotel booked, Tickets booked, Diamond Pass for Matt smith booked, a photo with Brian Croucher booked, the only thing left is if i need to go for a Diamond pass with Ernie Hudson, i'm going to use the Friday to see how busy he is, and if i have to buy one on the Saturday so be it.

It seems Ernie Hudson and Michael Jenn have both cancelled unfortunately.  My small list becomes even smaller

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

It seems Ernie Hudson and Michael Jenn have both cancelled unfortunately.  My small list becomes even smaller

Ernie I saw coming and haven't been too disappointed by such a revelation, however Michael Jenn was looking forward to getting on my series 7 copy, losing those two has taken a staggering £120 off my total budget, glad i didn't get the diamond pass.

which is annoying that hes been dropped as i get a week where i knew i was gonna have a fantastic payday typical, but this means i'm gonna look into putting funds elsewhere.

On 6/22/2023 at 8:38 AM, Sebster118 said:

Got photoshoot tickets for Matt Smith with the Tardis on the Saturday, and Sylvester McCoy in costume on the Sunday.

Oh nice one, the only photos i have are Matt Smith and Brian Croucher as theres no other regulars other than the three doctors, so all there is for me is Matt Smith and my current rule of one random person from the story line up and Croucher was in "Robots of Death" so that made it an easy choice

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 2:57 PM, D-C-A said:

Oh nice one, the only photos i have are Matt Smith and Brian Croucher as theres no other regulars other than the three doctors, so all there is for me is Matt Smith and my current rule of one random person from the story line up and Croucher was in "Robots of Death" so that made it an easy choice

That was my thinking behind getting Rosie Jane (Bill Pott's mum) a few years back, budget friendly, and I thought she'd be a one and only appearance

Edited by Mfahey79

As was a choice recently with a guest the idea was basically the advanced age forced my hand in a choice of if I wanted a photo as the chance of it arising again is slim to none.

I am currently considering another guests photo but unsure at this time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, D-C-A said:

As was a choice recently with a guest the idea was basically the advanced age forced my hand in a choice of if I wanted a photo as the chance of it arising again is slim to none.

I am currently considering another guests photo but unsure at this time

Can I ask who?

Edited by Mfahey79

43 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Makes sense with his age, without being all doom and gloom, it is very likely last chance you'll get

I’ve gotten to the point with my collecting where it’s appropriate enough to have to buy presigned stuff and work from there because some whilst still alive aren’t going to be attending anymore.

ive been searching around for stuff by the likes of Nicholas Courtney and Richard Franklin because if I could find a dvd with both from seasons 8, 9 or the green death I would snap it up to try and get the four regulars on it if I can.

similar to a recent revelation I had, I want a signed copy of “The Aztecs” special edition by William Russell because I can get him, Carole Ann-Ford and because of said special editions purpose and reason for release I can also get Peter Purves and Maureen O’Brien, the only release I can get the 4 on together (unless Russell does a convention but the odds are impossible), it’s the sorta combinations I can build that seem unorthodox that I like.

An example of one that’s unorthodox, is I would like to get a Big finish Promo CD signed by Colin Baker and Paul McGann Specifically “the Ratings war”, the whole idea of the Unorthodox signings is getting someone who you wouldn’t expect to be on said set, but does have a Valid reason behind it, another example “The power of the Daleks” Special edition can have Peter Davison for he hosts “Daleks: The Early Years” and from clips William Russell and Carole Ann-Ford, have something unique and unexpected that’s the approach I like.

In fact my “Light at the end” has Lisa Bowerman on it now, what did she do for it? Absolutely nothing, she directed the bonus story, unorthodox, I even listened to the bonus CDs to see who can go on the set, Terry Molloy and Tracy Childs are ones to go on the set as well.

really in a mood for this discussion now.

Terry Molloy could go on “Genesis of the Daleks” how? Because of a special feature he’s interviewed but he also does in character segments as Davros, would I get David Gooderson on the same set? No it’s pure archive footage.

Colin Baker could go on “The Five Doctors” that sorta weird combination.

and my personal favourite one which I’m working on is I have a set which I can combo Carol Ann Ford, Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Mark Strickson, Terry Molloy, Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred, and hell I would want it

• Like 1

16 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I’ve gotten to the point with my collecting where it’s appropriate enough to have to buy presigned stuff and work from there because some whilst still alive aren’t going to be attending anymore.

ive been searching around for stuff by the likes of Nicholas Courtney and Richard Franklin because if I could find a dvd with both from seasons 8, 9 or the green death I would snap it up to try and get the four regulars on it if I can.

similar to a recent revelation I had, I want a signed copy of “The Aztecs” special edition by William Russell because I can get him, Carole Ann-Ford and because of said special editions purpose and reason for release I can also get Peter Purves and Maureen O’Brien, the only release I can get the 4 on together (unless Russell does a convention but the odds are impossible), it’s the sorta combinations I can build that seem unorthodox that I like.

An example of one that’s unorthodox, is I would like to get a Big finish Promo CD signed by Colin Baker and Paul McGann Specifically “the Ratings war”, the whole idea of the Unorthodox signings is getting someone who you wouldn’t expect to be on said set, but does have a Valid reason behind it, another example “The power of the Daleks” Special edition can have Peter Davison for he hosts “Daleks: The Early Years” and from clips William Russell and Carole Ann-Ford, have something unique and unexpected that’s the approach I like.

In fact my “Light at the end” has Lisa Bowerman on it now, what did she do for it? Absolutely nothing, she directed the bonus story, unorthodox, I even listened to the bonus CDs to see who can go on the set, Terry Molloy and Tracy Childs are ones to go on the set as well.

really in a mood for this discussion now.

Terry Molloy could go on “Genesis of the Daleks” how? Because of a special feature he’s interviewed but he also does in character segments as Davros, would I get David Gooderson on the same set? No it’s pure archive footage.

Colin Baker could go on “The Five Doctors” that sorta weird combination.

and my personal favourite one which I’m working on is I have a set which I can combo Carol Ann Ford, Peter Davison, Janet Fielding, Mark Strickson, Terry Molloy, Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred, and hell I would want it

It's a shame you cant find a copy of the Aztecs before next weekend, as looking at the extras, Paul Cornell could have been added as well.

If their involved in the DVD or audio play whether as extras or documentaries, then they have contributed so I'd add them too.

I'll give it a thought to see what combinations I can throw together