First time attendee with a few questions!

So this would be mine and my partner's first time attending LFCC and we've got a few questions that we'd really REALLY appreciate some feedback on to help try and ensure things go as smoothly as possible, so thank you in advance for taking the time to read and give your replies!

1. We're planning on attending Sunday as we saw a post from Showmasters saying this is likely to be the quieter of the 3 days, is this really likely to be true and how much of difference do you think it would make between Saturday and Sunday?

2. Do entrance tickets need to be purchased beforehand or can they be bought on the day?

3. We're hoping to meet the following: Brendan Fraser, Tom Ellis, Ian Somerhalder, Matthew Lillard and Robert Patrick - we read about a VQ system but were a little unsure how this works, can the autographs be bought before attending or is it first come first served to get your VQ ticket and then come back later in the day? Any tips on where to go first, assuming Tom and Ian will be busy, do you think Brendan and co would likely to be also?

4. Is there a chance that we won't meet the people we want to? If so, how can we try our best to guarantee we do meet them?

5. We're not local to London so what do you think is a reasonable time to arrive at the venue?

6. How long will the stars be there? Do they finish at a certain time or are they there until close (and if so, what time is that?)

7. Will there be any physical queuing? Only concern here being that with the weather being so hot these past few days that queues might become unbearable - also from a previous year that Stan Lee attended I recall seeing a video with a large queue stretching all the way far outside the building, is this a regular thing / likely to happen this weekend?

8. What's the likelihood of selfies at the autograph table? Are most people willing to oblige? I imagine it varies but from your experience what are people usually like? 

Thank you again!

Edited by darkknight93

1) There is certainly a difference between numbers on Saturday and Sunday. Personally I've never been on a Saturday, but I've read many times that Saturday is the busier day. Friday is the quietest day of the three, then Sunday, then Saturday.

2) Entrance tickets can be bought on the day if they haven't sold out beforehand, but it is likely that they will sell out. 

3) VQ tickets are collected from the guests' queue on the day, and you pay for your autograph at their desk. Your VQ represents you place in the line, so you come back once your number has been called. All of the guests you are after are going to be busy. 

4) There's always the risk that your VQ won't be called, and you don't get to meet the person. The only way you can guarantee meeting them is to buy a photo ticket or get a diamond pass (for the guests you want who have them).

5) Due to who you want to get, the earlier you can get there will be more beneficial for you. If you can get there for 7am you should stand a good chance but there's a risk, especially depending on which day you decide to attend. 

6) The stars are supposed to be there right up until the end of the day, except for those who we know will be leaving early (such as Bob Gale on Friday). However there is always a chance (albeit a low one) that a guest will have a to leave early for whatever reason.

7) There will be a lot of queuing during the day, mainly in the initial entrance queue and all the autograph lines. Things have improved since the Stan Lee event (although I wasn't there myself so I don't know that from experience), so although there will be queueing it won't be as bad as it was back then.

8) Some guests do selfies at the autograph table, but the guests you want are likely to be too busy for selfies I'm afraid. 

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

10 minutes ago, darkknight93 said:

?

5. We're not local to London so what do you think is a reasonable time to arrive at the venue?

6. How long will the stars be there? Do they finish at a certain time or are they there until close (and if so, what time is that?)

Thank you again!

Sundays are usually a bit quieter.

You need to purchase entry ticket before. Not available at door.

Arrival is a preference.. some queue an hour before opening of doors.

Yes there will be physical queing no avoiding at con.

Only way to guarantee meeting guest you want is diamond pass for that guest.   Or prebooked photo op.   

Autos cannot be purchased before hand.

No guarantee meeting /getting auto. Unless DP.   All you can do is get vq as soon as you can and hope guest gets to your number.

Edited by HeartDT

Just now, darkknight93 said:

Thanks very much for your replies so far! Another quick question, I suffer from tinnitus just wanted to know how loud the venue is? Any music from speakers / live music or anything to be concerned about?

The venue is generally loud, due to the large crowds. There are some areas that will be quieter, but I'm not sure if it will be enough. I don't recall there ever being music played. 

3 minutes ago, darkknight93 said:

Thanks very much for your replies so far! Another quick question, I suffer from tinnitus just wanted to know how loud the venue is? Any music from speakers / live music or anything to be concerned about?

It can get loud.  Unavoidzble with the amiunt of people.  St photo areas there can be shouts as batches etc called.  Also near talk area there is mic/speaker used for the seated talk area.

Everything is available in more detail here.

This is the best place to start before asking for detailed help. It will explain everything much clearer than we can. Give it a read and if anything isn't clear come back here and ask, we'll be only too happy to help.

One thing. BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW. They are on the verge of selling out, in fact some individual day entry (Saturday) has already sold out. Weekend 3-day passes are still available

Thanks very much again all, much appreciated! Thinking of buying a Diamond pass for Brendan for tomorrow, these are still available I take it? Then my partner is thinking of photos for Ian/Tom - Can I just check if we do purchase the 3 are they then definitely guaranteed to happen? Just we're coming a long way and obviously don't want to be disappointed.

ALSO anyone there could you tell us what the queuing is like for Brendan, Ian and Tom? With a diamond pass is there any queuing involved? or is it just a short queue whenever your numbers called? 

Oh and saw a short video which had Matthew Lillard and Robert Patrick signing, I take it they're queues are fairly easy and quick to get through?

We're thinking of arriving for about 10am  just FYI so hopefully that's fine?

EDIT : If I purchase a diamond pass do I still need to purchase a separate entry ticket? - nevermind found my answer to this!

EDIT AGAIN: If I've got a diamond pass is it okay for my partner to come up to the guests table with me (no autograph purchase from her)? and to also be with me in a photoshoot queue? Surely they can't separate us? 

Thanks

Edited by darkknight93
another question!

48 minutes ago, darkknight93 said:

EDIT AGAIN: If I've got a diamond pass is it okay for my partner to come up to the guests table with me (no autograph purchase from her)? and to also be with me in a photoshoot queue? Surely they can't separate us

Only the DP holder should be allowed to join the queue. Your partner would need a vq ticket for autos then you can go up together when that number has been called. Only those with a photo ticket can join the photo queue I'm afraid (except for extra help carer passes or young children).

Edited by natedammit

8 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Only the DP holder should be allowed to join the queue. Your partner would need a vq ticket for autos then you can go up together when that number has been called. Only those with a photo ticket can join the photo queue I'm afraid (except for extra help carer passes or young children).

Really?? so we'd just have to wait in queues by ourselves? Seems a little unfair surely?? Is there someone monitoring who joins the queues that enforces this?

17 minutes ago, darkknight93 said:

Really?? so we'd just have to wait in queues by ourselves? Seems a little unfair surely?? Is there someone monitoring who joins the queues that enforces this?

Yes it is enforced, you don't get into the photo booth without having your ticket scanned. If they let everyone and their friends in the queue would be massive and there would be no way of knowing who's actually paid or not. The booths are not big enough for a viewing or waiting area. 

As for your actual questions, they are as guaranteed as anything can be, if the guest is there and you are and you don't leave everything to the last moment you will get what you want, but there is always a small risk, guests have had to leave mid con before as they have become ill or had an emergency. It's a small chance of something like that happening but it can. 

Yes you have to queue with a diamond, they need to have a certain number of people in the queue to ensure they can keep it moving so there may be about another 30 people in it with you, you don't get to skip to the front or anything and if the guest is slow or chatty that can add to the queue time.  Case in point Ben Barnes queue is very slow as he's chatting with everyone. 

I believe going from comments from friends who got him that Roberts queue is very slow to move. 

That's fine, I don't mind the queuing with just a small number of people like 30, it's the thought of an endless queue that was worrying me. Can I just clarify, you say friends etc. aren't allowed in the photo queue at all? But if you're in the autograph queue with a diamond pass they're allowed to be there ONLY if they have a VT (and it's been called? OR can it be a VT that hasn't been called? - myself or my partner would literally just be there to talk to each other and then take photos of the guest signing for eachother)

1 minute ago, darkknight93 said:

That's fine, I don't mind the queuing with just a small number of people like 30, it's the thought of an endless queue that was worrying me. Can I just clarify, you say friends etc. aren't allowed in the photo queue at all? But if you're in the autograph queue with a diamond pass they're allowed to be there ONLY if they have a VT (and it's been called? OR can it be a VT that hasn't been called? - myself or my partner would literally just be there to talk to each other and then take photos of the guest signing for eachother)

People can only join the queue if their ticket has been called so your partner will need a VQ and usually you have to wait for the one with the highest ticket to be called, so theoretically you have to wait u til her number has been called to go up together, and with vqs there's no guarantee they will be called.  Its often fine for someone to go up at the same time if the queues not too busy but there's no way to know if that will be allowed beforehand so we can only tell you what the rules are.  Remember that if everyone does this you are doubling the queue size or halving the number of people in the queue paying. 

Also just to clarify - If I purchase a diamond pass I can go and join the queue to get my autograph / photo ANYTIME AFTER they've been called? Same question with photo, if my partner just purchases a photo, she can go and get it ANYTIME AFTER it's been called? Just don't want to miss it getting called and miss out or something.

I appreciate there's a lot of questions going on here so thanks for chipping in everyone, I have anxiety and so I'm definitely nervous about this on top of the thought of meeting someone you've looked up to for so long!

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

People can only join the queue if their ticket has been called so your partner will need a VQ and usually you have to wait for the one with the highest ticket to be called, so theoretically you have to wait u til her number has been called to go up together, and with vqs there's no guarantee they will be called.  Its often fine for someone to go up at the same time if the queues not too busy but there's no way to know if that will be allowed beforehand so we can only tell you what the rules are.  Remember that if everyone does this you are doubling the queue size or halving the number of people in the queue paying. 

Ah! Think you may have just answered my question I just posted seconds after this but if you or someone could just confirm what I've said goes for both photos and autos that would be great

I get what you mean but you have to look at it from the perspective of everyone, not you.  It could mean people with high numbers can queue jump by going up with someone with a lower number, and that's not fair and as mentioned it would potentially double queue sizes and let people get photos they haven't paid for so everyone in the photoshoot queue has to have a ticket and the same for a guest on vqs.  So yes you can't be in the photo queue without a ticket and you must have a VQ to join the queue of a guest who is on vqs or diamonds. 

Also you said you want to take photos on the queue so be aware some guests will not be allowing any photography at all in their queues.  There will be signs on the wall behind them saying No Photos or No Posed Photos if that is the case.

Any ticket holder can join the queue at any point after they have been called but obviously for photos the session has to still be on, if its finished they won't call the guest back for you so don't leave it to the last second 

5 minutes ago, darkknight93 said:

Also just to clarify - If I purchase a diamond pass I can go and join the queue to get my autograph / photo ANYTIME AFTER they've been called? Same question with photo, if my partner just purchases a photo, she can go and get it ANYTIME AFTER it's been called? Just don't want to miss it getting called and miss out or something.

I appreciate there's a lot of questions going on here so thanks for chipping in everyone, I have anxiety and so I'm definitely nervous about this on top of the thought of meeting someone you've looked up to for so long!

Yes, any time after the batch has been called. The photo needs to be within the guests allocated photo shoot times of course (check the schedule if you don't know these). 

Don't leave things too late, just in case, but you don't need to rush to get things done straightaway just because you have the option to with the DP.

Okay I think I've got the hang of it, Brendan is my priority tomorrow so I'd definitely try to avoid any leaving until the last minute - From looking at the timetable if I'm understanding it correctly Brendan only has one session of photos tomorrow anyway? 

Also I noticed there's an app, does this give updates in anyway to what numbers have been called and when?

3 minutes ago, natedammit said:

@Raylenth you never said 'dealing'. :angry:

Eh? I'm operating sub par at the moment? 

2 minutes ago, darkknight93 said:

Okay I think I've got the hang of it, Brendan is my priority tomorrow so I'd definitely try to avoid any leaving until the last minute - From looking at the timetable if I'm understanding it correctly Brendan only has one session of photos tomorrow anyway? 

Also I noticed there's an app, does this give updates in anyway to what numbers have been called and when?

No they don't put what numbers are being called on the app, with 150 guests there would be too much info to put out :P

Edited by Raylenth

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Eh? I'm operating sub par at the moment? 

No they don't put what numbers are being called on the app, with 150 guests there would be too much info to put out :P

Shame! Would've been a good system! Anyway, okay so plan I believe is going to be to purchase Brendan Diamond Pass (as soon as I have clarification that I think he just has the one photoshoot tomorrow afternoon?) and then photos for Tom/Ian tomorrow ( just checked Ian's and batch 7 available so guessing that will be afternoon?) and then we'll try VQ's for Matthew Lillard and Robert Patrick.

Seeing the above, do you think arriving for around 11am /12pm should be okay?

14 minutes ago, darkknight93 said:

Shame! Would've been a good system! Anyway, okay so plan I believe is going to be to purchase Brendan Diamond Pass (as soon as I have clarification that I think he just has the one photoshoot tomorrow afternoon?) and then photos for Tom/Ian tomorrow ( just checked Ian's and batch 7 available so guessing that will be afternoon?) and then we'll try VQ's for Matthew Lillard and Robert Patrick.

Seeing the above, do you think arriving for around 11am /12pm should be okay?

Not if you want VQ's for auto's, I was in the 4th row of the entry queue having arrived at 7.15 and ended up with a VQ for Robert in the 2/300's - don't forget you have to get through the queue and up and find their desks, by that time all the people in front of you may have taken VQ's as well.  The entry is quick once you start going in, but if you have a couple of hundred in front of you all wanting the same people the numbers tick up quite quickly.  Remember that VQ's are not a guarantee of an auto, they are just a place in the queue and there's no knowing how many they will get through.  As mentioned Robert appears to have very slow queue's and I don't know how quick Mathew is going, but arriving at that time you will have VQ's in the high hundreds.  Now some guests can get through a LOT of VQ's but outside of someone knowing where they reached up to at close of play today, if you want a chance at their auto's I'd say get there early, but it depends on how important the auto's for the non Diamond guests are to you.

And yes, Brendan has only 1 shoot starting at 5.10. For Ian you should be in the first half of the PM queue so go about 20/30 mins after it starts as they will do all the stragglers from the AM shoot first and the batches before yours they didn't call.

Edited by Raylenth