General Chat

Raylenth

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Might be some time for brekkie before. I have no real vq targets anyway. Most of my autos both days are in the £10-15 range, perhaps one or two vq targets on Sunday. DP is no stress. My first and second photo on Saturday are DP’s,  starting at 9:30, and my first photo on Sunday isnt until 13:10.

I just need a VQ for Toby on Saturday, assuming he will be on VQ. But need to pickup my Iain DP before entering the con since his photo shoot is first in the morning. Will go by the store and buy some breakfast and con snack before joining the queue.

24 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I just need a VQ for Toby on Saturday, assuming he will be on VQ. But need to pickup my Iain DP before entering the con since his photo shoot is first in the morning. Will go by the store and buy some breakfast and con snack before joining the queue.

In the same situation, I have DP to Iain too on Saturday, and with a 9:30 photo op it will be a rush, and I pity those who wants good VQ. Not very fond of this system, and all happening only an hour before it opens.

59 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Sorry guys - I absolutely understand the situation and a flight cancelled sucks.

But only leaving off an event's name does not make the whole thing exempt from the "no discussing other events rule". So please stop now.

If I remember correct I did not discuss other events. Only airlines and where a certain forum member was from.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

If I remember correct I did not discuss other events. Only airlines and where a certain forum member was from.

I was thinking the same thing but I learned to keep my mouth shut when I'm already annoyed about other stuff.

With all respect to you QS (with you in the hospital and still doing your best to help everyone with questions) but this hadn't anything to do with mentioning other conventions.

It was a simple discussion about whether I should lose money by checking out of my hotel early and book another flight a day in advance or miss A convention (didn't mention which one or where/when or anything refering to it) and all my pre-paid photo ops. Chris just asked where I was taking my plane not where I was heading off to.

• Like 1

batflash: The phrase in the rule is you can't discuss other events. Events, not only conventions. Events means everything you need a ticket for, and that can't discuss includes all aspects, including travel. 

Leaving off the name and the exact date does not make that rule go away. You keep going "I can't mention the name" and stuff like that, but that is not enough. We've even had a few people phrasing the same way you do on purpose trying to promote other shows. So please: try to avoid that style from now on. 

Unfortunately sometimes even little indications like what you have posted are enough to easily identify the event. It was the same last time we have been through this.

Had you just gone "hey, Ryan Air changed my flight, I am so annoyed, I now need to pay much more money to go the same day" - perfectly acceptable. Same thing last time - "I need to get back to Belgium the same day"... no issue. But with your little add ons: no, sorry, it had to go. 

We try to be lenient when we can, like when a convention guest is giving a concert like David Duchovny did. But your posts were nothing that could stay on here.

I would appreciate if you could please stick to what I explained from now on. 

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

Well, we just leave it at that @The_batflash123 <_< 

And now I am not in the mood for any sort of discussion whatsoever. Just sticking to the countdown. I have Twitter for the rest.

That's why I wanted to keep my mouth shut in the first place to avoid any discussions -_- While I do agree that I can be sneaky in the way I word things like QS says (sometimes more intentional than other times), I didn't feel like this was one of those times but that's fine. Different people = different opinions and points of view and I'm gonna leave it at that. No hurt feelings, I drank some thea and now I'm so much more relaxed ^_^

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

That's why I wanted to keep my mouth shut in the first place to avoid any discussions -_- While I do agree that I can be sneaky in the way I word things like QS says (sometimes more intentional than other times), I didn't feel like this was one of those times but that's fine. Different people = different opinions and points of view and I'm gonna leave it at that. No hurt feelings, I drank some thea and now I'm so much more relaxed ^_^

Cheers mate!