General Chat

7 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

@Chris1970 How is it going with the fire? And your broken-ish thingy something something after the run in with the troll?

And how is your foot momma @Broo?

That's really lovely of you to ask, doing much better thank you sweetie! :) How is your cosplay prep going?

5 minutes ago, Broo said:

That's really lovely of you to ask, doing much better thank you sweetie! :) How is your cosplay prep going?

So your foot is ready for the con? That's good :)

I only have the bear patch left to finish, then it's done. I stole some of Nate's fur to make it.. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

So your foot is ready for the con? That's good :)

I only have the bear patch left to finish, then it's done. I stole some of Nate's fur to make it.. :lol:

Glad you found a use for your brother ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

@Chris1970 How is it going with the fire? And your broken-ish thingy something something after the run in with the troll?

And how is your foot momma @Broo?

I am kind of back on track and ready for lfcc, just got to be careful for a few more days, thank you for asking. The fires... some they have control over but there a a few which they cant stop. They are trying to keep it away from larger villages and even cities. The worst area is around and north of the city of Ljusdal. That city is just 150kms away from me. There are 61 wildfires I heard this morning, abit more than 500 ppl had to leave their homes, a few have been allowed to return.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Broo said:

Glad you're doing better @Chris1970 but gosh how sad and frightening about the fires :(

Thank you, yes it is. And some are declared they cant put out. We are getting help from all over EU to stop the fires, from Denmark, Norway, Italy, France, Lithuania, Germany and soon there are help from Austria, Poland, Croatia and Portugal on the way. The situation is very serious.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Thank you, yes it is. And some are declared they cant put out. We are getting help from all over EU to stop the fires, from Denmark, Norway, Italy, France, Lithuania, Germany and soon there are help from Austria, Poland, Croatia and Portugal on the way. The situation is very serious.

Mother Nature can be a right cow sometimes.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Yeah well, maybe Kids Nature weren't listening to her, maybe she'd asked them 20 times to tidy their continent and they just sat there making sand dunes or or lakes instead and she just lost it. Ever think that? Mother Nature gets such a bad rap I swear... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

I'm all set for the Con, got my Eurostar tickets, hotel, taxi is ordered, entry tickets check! My X-Files is ready to be signed and my James Bond book is wrapped and packed! 

When are you staying in London? Perhaps we see eachother on the eurostar :P

4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I got an e-mail from SM, and an upgrade refund processed, at 11:19 last night, just in case anyone doubted how hard they are working at this time of year.

Pfffffffft, everyone knows that old delayed email function to make it look like you aren't slacking. 

But seriously, when I upgraded last weekend they emailed confirmation quite late as well, so yes, the crew are working very hard and doing a lot of late nights at the moment.  Thank you SM crew!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

You are so right. And usually not only one thing. Now we have been ”promised” no rain for at least another ten days, except strong thunderstorms..lightning and dry ground is an excellent combination.

10 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

You are so right. And usually not only one thing. Now we have been ”promised” no rain for at least another ten days, except strong thunderstorms..lightning and dry ground is an excellent combination.

But Fleetwood Mac said...

31 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Stay safe hun x

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Broo said:

It's been 15 minutes since Sam Neill was announced and I'm still bl**dy crying what is wrong with me???? First time I've had this reaction to a guest attending!

Why are you crying? You should be jumping of joy!! :lol: