General Chat

Just out of curiosity..do you buy your tickets to LFCC from the webpage or app? This is my third year using the Eventbrite app. I have stopped printing my tickets, I have kept them on the phone since I started using the app. Portable office. :D

29 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Just out of curiosity..do you buy your tickets to LFCC from the webpage or app? This is my third year using the Eventbrite app. I have stopped printing my tickets, I have kept them on the phone since I started using the app. Portable office. :D

I buy on the website because it's generally easier to see everything, but as an iPhone user, I have all the tickets stored in the Wallet app that I use at the show and don't print anything. With the amount of tickets I've bought over the last few years, I think I've probably saved a small forest from being cut down!

• Like 1

Just now, Wrong Name said:

I buy on the website because it's generally easier to see everything, but as an iPhone user, I have all the tickets stored in the Wallet app that I use at the show and don't print anything. With the amount of tickets I've bought over the last few years, I think I've probably saved a small forest from being cut down!

Just like me, iPhone and "Wallet". We have both saved the whole of the Amazonas :D  I travel alot, not always home so the app is perfect in this case.

Also a big fan of digital - but I use the Eventbrite app instead of Wallet. Two advantages:

- Tickets appear in your app as soon as you buy them, no need to click on the Add to Wallet button - if you buy as many photoshoots as I do, it's a significant improvement!

- Sometimes the fine detail info in the Wallet appears a bit fudged - batch numbers are cut off, if I remember correctly. Not so with the Eventbrite app.

44 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Lol I buy the tickets on the website, print them, then open the app on my phone, save the tickets on the wallet app, and download the PDF files on both my iPhone and iPad’s iBooks library as well. “Just in case” :lol::unsure: (Slightly paranoid to say the least, but I rather be over careful and not lose tickets than sorry)

Anyway, I’ll bring my printed tickets with me on the day and use them, unless I accidentally lose or damage one in which case I have the wallet/pdf files on my phone as backup. And if for any reasons the phone battery dies I have them on the iPad as well. Triple backup :P

4 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Lol I buy the tickets on the website, print them, then open the app on my phone, save the tickets on the wallet app, and download the PDF files on both my iPhone and iPad’s iBooks library as well. “Just in case” :lol::unsure: (Slightly paranoid to say the least, but I rather be over careful and not lose tickets than sorry)

Anyway, I’ll bring my printed tickets with me on the day and use them, unless I accidentally lose or damage one in which case I have the wallet/pdf files on my phone as backup. And if for any reasons the phone battery dies I have them on the iPad as well. Triple backup :P

Have you talked with "someone" about this?! :lol::D

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

You can’t be to careful! :o

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Anyone else not working/not at school/ got no plans and spending their entire day on the forum besides me? :lol:

I work, but my job allows me to be at this forum now and then. I work different hours, even nights. So I can be here whenever. :D

3 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Have you talked with "someone" about this?! :lol::D

3 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Don't say that, otherwise next on the agenda will be a trip to a tattoo parlour to get the bar codes tattooed on.

And you still haven’t heard the part where I also make three copies of all scanned autos/photo ops images, con pictures, and travel photos in general, and store them in three different places counting external hard drives and cloud services lol :lol::P

I swear I’m not the only one doing this, the triple backup theory is a thing, there are whole online communities dedicated to it (no, they’re not self-help communities, in case you where wondering :P:P:P)

Edited by Nerd Who
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

And you still haven’t heard the part where I also make three copies of all scanned autos/photo ops images, con pictures, and travel photos in general, and store them in three different places counting external hard drives and cloud services lol :lol::P

I swear I’m not the only one doing this, the triple backup theory is a thing, there are whole online communities dedicated to it (no, they’re not self-help communities, in case you where wondering :P:P:P)

Honest, I would do that too if I wasnt so lazy. :P

• Haha 1

Omg I thought it was yours! I was literally on the YouTube homepage and I just saw this video titled the 5 best Capaldi episodes and then I looked at the creator and it said Nerd Who and I thought hang on is this familiar and I clicked on the name and realised it was you! :lol: