What Pics What Prices for the stars at c6

This time round could you please SMS show us what pics your gona use for the stars, so that if there is nothing there we like, we can bring our own pics. Then you wont get as many people moaning after that they couldnt get the pic they wanted of a particular star, to get signed.

(Example John Billigsley and the no show on SG1 photos)

Also but I don't think this is ever going to happen, could you possible tell us what prices the guests are gona charge in advance. Only reason I ask this is because it makes life a lot easier for people who have to save up well in advance, and don't want to have to save up more then there gona need just incase.

I know there are quite a few people out there who have families, bills to pay, are at univeristy/college etc and cant always afford alot - so it would be really appreciated if you could :D:D

All who agree with the above please write below, as if enough of us ask for this showmasters might actually post the prices or at least the pics there gona be using.

(We can dream can't we lol) :lol:

Personally, I think it would be useful to have at least one picture offered of the star "out of character". In the past there have been guests there I have wanted to meet but the photos only showed them in shows I'd never seen!

Otherwise I think the variety of pictures is generally pretty good.

Its worth a try lol

I'm trying to find somewhere on the web where I can buy some good quality prints to keep in a folder to take with me, so that if they don't have any pics I'm really happy with I can take my own along and not be disapointed.

(Anyone know of any good sites? :huh: ) :blink:

Edited by zebredy

I aggree with Sdog here, they should have pictures of the celebs outta Costume aswell as in costume, i noticed that at C5 craig parker only had Haldir pictures, the should have some pics from when he was in "noone can hear you" and "the tommeyknockers" will give you more of a varity. and it would be cool to know prices in advance tho im sure the big celebs will be £20. big but not as big celebs will be £15 and small celebs probly £10.

and am i the only one who thinks the prices are too much?? i can understand £10 for an autograph but £15 and £20 is too much, specially for us who are still and school and dont have much money

and am i the only one who thinks the prices are too much?? i can understand £10 for an autograph but £15 and £20 is too much, specially for us who are still and school and dont have much money

Yeah true for some guests with very very little part, and if u come from another country the money change with the pounds are a killer :unsure:

:yoda:

Edited by Skylover

i have said it once and will say it again, £15 is too much to pay for each item. If there is a guest i wanted say 3 autos from it would be much fairer to lower the price.

An example is Armin Shimernman at a recent london show, the charge was £15 for a signed 8x10 and then £5 for each personal item, which is very very reasonable.

Well I was wondering if I did start bringing my own pics to collectormania events I would be spending a lot more money then I have.

Think about it, I would have to buy the pics in the first place then pay to get the pic signed when I got to the event, for some guests that would be say £5 to buy the pic then £20 to get it sign. I would only be able to do that 4 times then half my money would be gone. :P:lol::wub:

LLAP

Edited by zebredy

the charge was £15 for a signed 8x10 and then £5 for each personal item, which is very very reasonable.

Yes its perfect! :lol:

Agreed. Personal items and multiple purchases should be cheaper !

Listen to that Showmasters pleaaaaaaaase! :lol:

At Collectormania I can understand SM wanting to have a fixed price for autographs as they loose a large amount of money not being able to charge an entry fee (2,000 people at £5 each is £10,000 lost) but I think a discount for personal items at LFCC where an entry fee is paid would be most welcome.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Yeah true for some guests with very very little part, and if u come from another country the money change with the pounds are a killer B)

:lol:

Granted yes autograph prices can be high to some, but how else do you think event organisers can recoup the money they have had to pay out to bring the stars to you?

First class flights are in the thousands, then there is the cost of printing the photos, then there is the cost in paying the actor to attend the show/event, add on top of that the hotel bills and any extras that I may have forgotten and it adds up to alot per guest!

Multiply that by the number of guests at any given event and well I hate to think how many zeros there are after the pound sign. :huh:

I'm not having a pop at anyone just trying to put across a realistic point of view B)

Yeah true for some guests with very very little part, and if u come from another country the money change with the pounds are a killer :wub:

:wub:

Granted yes autograph prices can be high to some, but how else do you think event organisers can recoup the money they have had to pay out to bring the stars to you?

First class flights are in the thousands, then there is the cost of printing the photos, then there is the cost in paying the actor to attend the show/event, add on top of that the hotel bills and any extras that I may have forgotten and it adds up to alot per guest!

Multiply that by the number of guests at any given event and well I hate to think how many zeros there are after the pound sign. :unsure:

I'm not having a pop at anyone just trying to put across a realistic point of view :wub:

I agree! :wub:

And as you said Zebredy, bring your own incase there isnt a particular photo you want, that would be the easiest solution. SM's might think thats a good idea, but it would take time! Especially if you get a guest that has been in alot of things then, thats alot of photo's to put up!

Edited by bigharrypotterfan

• Moderators

I dunno if anyone has said this cuz I can't be bothered reading through the thread lol BUT ... sometimes I think the pictures actually belong to the guests themselves and they take them from convention to convention so perhaps it's hard to let us know what ones there are ... but whatever, I don't know of any show that has announced beforehand what pics will be available and I doubt it'll change. Obviously I haven't been to every con so .. maybe there are some cases, but none that I'm familiar with :unsure:

I dunno if anyone has said this cuz I can't be bothered reading through the thread lol BUT ... sometimes I think the pictures actually belong to the guests themselves and they take them from convention to convention so perhaps it's hard to let us know what ones there are ... but whatever, I don't know of any show that has announced beforehand what pics will be available and I doubt it'll change. Obviously I haven't been to every con so .. maybe there are some cases, but none that I'm familiar with :unsure:

You learn something new everyday! :wub:

At Collectormania I can understand SM wanting to have a fixed price for autographs as they loose a large amount of money not being able to charge an entry fee (2,000 people at £5 each is £10,000 lost) but I think a discount for personal items at LFCC where an entry fee is paid would be most welcome.

I think LFACC entry is not free cause they plan to have more comics guests like authors/artists, this guys dont charge for autographs etc

:lol:

I thought the only reason they didnt charge for entry at Collectormania was because of the venue as you cant charge people to come into a shopping centre, where as the venue for LFCC is not open to the public so they can charge an entry fee which helps to pay for all the fees.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

with reference to photos when i took the head shot from matrix up for Joe P to sign he was talkin to someone and said that the image had been dragged straight off of the dvd.

So there, dunno if that cuts down costs but sounds like it would.

Some of the photos available at C5 did look like they had been captured off a DVD and printed out, I wonder if this is what they did.

I wonder what type of printers they used.

Hm might try that see if its any good. Thanks :lol::P

"They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again! The line must be drawn here - this far, no further!" - Picard, Star Trek First Contact

• 2 weeks later...
Personally, I think it would be useful to have at least one picture offered of the star "out of character". In the past there have been guests there I have wanted to meet but the photos only showed them in shows I'd never seen!

Otherwise I think the variety of pictures is generally pretty good.

I disagree they are only famous for the character's they are playing so i do not think they would like to have any of there photo's out of charater :D