Gold pass confusion

jimbox2804

After missing out on Rutger Hauer's autograph last year thinking of going gold pass this year. Am confused over whether or not this means I can join any autograph queue when I like and without a vq ticket. Particularly confused over what it says about platinum guests. Can anyone help

it is as it sounds. You can join the back of any queue without needing a VQ ticket, except for the guests with Diamond passes. For them you still need a VQ ticket but Gold passes are meant to be allowed in 5-10mins before general entry which should help with this. In the case of Rutger last year, you would still have needed a VQ ticket, even with the Gold Pass.

Yes, you'll be able to collect you gold pass on the Saturday. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, there is usually one of the mods or other attendees like myself who are happy to answer them. We were all first timers at one point!

Simultaneous posting again! :smile:

• Like 1

Also they physically attach the gold pass to you, which would make it tricky if someone else picks it up.

You'll scare the new people away Nate. Jim, they don't attach them, but you do have to leave a kidney as a deposit.

Wait, just a kidney??? Why did they attempt to take one of my fingers last time, then???

Also they physically attach the gold pass to you, which would make it tricky if someone else picks it up.

You'll scare the new people away Nate. Jim, they don't attach them, but you do have to leave a kidney as a deposit.

Wait, just a kidney??? Why did they attempt to take one of my fingers last time, then???

I think you'll find I didn't actually say that Mr Leming and that is slander now!

I think you'll find I didn't actually say that Mr Leming and that is slander now!

I think you'll find it's only slander if it's true, Mrs. Cumberbitch. :P

Yeah, you have the gold pass on your wrist and you can't take it off without actually cutting it off althought i managed it (tiny wrists). And it looks like that

13882653_10155047323473452_6421184777087

With the autograph VQ it also all depends on how busy the guest is. I've decided I want Jeremy Renner's autograph in the middle of the day (after he called me beautiful) and got ticket number 288, but actually I managed to get there without vq number as he was not busy at all.

Gold pass really helps if you have clashes. I had few and the gold pass was a massive help!

RE GOLD PASSES, AM I CLEAR IN THINKING WE GET EARLY ENTRY AS YOU SAID AND IF HAVE A DIAMOND PASS FOR RDA WE ARE MEANT TO GET A DOG TAG ETC AND GO TO FRONT OF QUEUE FOR PHOTO.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY THE SITUATION REGARDING THE GOLD AND DIAMOND PASSES PLEASE.

THANK YOU

Yes, Gold passes are meant to get let in 5/10 mins earlier than general entry.

Diamond passes will be called first at photoshoots for Diamond guests.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, you have the gold pass on your wrist and you can't take it off without actually cutting it off althought i managed it (tiny wrists). And it looks like that

13882653_10155047323473452_6421184777087

With the autograph VQ it also all depends on how busy the guest is. I've decided I want Jeremy Renner's autograph in the middle of the day (after he called me beautiful) and got ticket number 288, but actually I managed to get there without vq number as he was not busy at all.

Gold pass really helps if you have clashes. I had few and the gold pass was a massive help!

I just rip the sucker off, when I don't want it.

• 2 months later...

I understand Gold Pass holders need a VQ ticket for Diamond Pass guests ... so, since non-Gold pass holders need a VQ ticket too, is there an advantage to having a Gold Pass in terms of getting an autograph for a Diamond Pass guest? Is the only advantage that you get into the show 5 minutes earlier?

Also, a Gold Pass includes two free vouchers for Diamond Talks, right? Do I select the two talks I want tickets for on the day, at the Olympia? What if they have sold out by then?

Edited by Naboo79

Gold pass holders are allowed into the venue 5 minutes before the rest of us rabble, so you have the advantage in that you should be able to get to the autograph floor first to collect the VQ's for the diamond pass guests.

VQ tickets are required by non gold pass holders for all busy guests.  That translates to any guest costing £20 and above usually, though smaller guests may still require them if they are busy.

If you have a gold pass you don't need VQ tickets for any non Diamond pass guests, you can just join the back of the auto queue.  It's easier to think of Diamond pass guests a bit differently - they are either expected to be exceptionally busy or rare, so the only way, even with a gold pass, to guarantee getting to see them is to buy the Diamond pass for them.  In practice, most diamond pass guests do manage to see a lot of VQ ticket holders but it can't be predicted or guaranteed.  To date most D Pass guests have done a lot of VQ ticket holders but not all.  The older guests tend to be slower signers and some are very busy with talks and photo's as well.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2