Attendee's Attire

Hello!

Quick cosplay related question! (Seemed like the right thread to leave it in..)

Cosplaying for the first time this year,(there's spraypaint EVERYWHERE in my house/garden) & i'm pretty well researched on keeping weapons covered/making sure they're bendy etc...but just wondering-how do hotels usually react to cosplay?

For example,is a 4* hotel going to have me tailed by security for browsing the buffet in tactical gear..? I'd guess they're pretty used to it this time of year,but i have the ability to overthink a situation at 1000 paces,so just wondering if anyone had any experience?

Cheers all!

Laura

I managed to go around the Wembley Hilton as the Seventh Doctor, and was even allowed in the bar (most likely due to a Doctor Who themed event nearby).

I've usually been in hotels in partial cosplay, with the rest in my car boot.

Yet if I'm in full cosplay, no one usually takes notice.

In the case of your cosplay, I'd check with staff but it's usually a good idea to keep weapons in bags.

Yeah,i'll be keeping all weaponry well hidden til i actually get there,but my cosplay still involves a lot of tactical-looking stuff (Winter soldier)...

Just didn't fancy being wrestled to the ground in the hotel lobby by overenthusiastic security!

If you're with friends (especially any who are cosplaying), I don't see any problems.

A friend of mine did cosplay as the Winter Soldier at the Spring LFCC.

She had no problems on the tube or at pubs afterwards, yet she was with me and other friends who were also in cosplay.

Otherwise, if in doubt, it would be worth checking with hotel staff, mostly out of courtesy.

(Similar to when I park at a hotel car park on the morning of check-in day before my room is available)

• Like 1

Hello!

Quick cosplay related question! (Seemed like the right thread to leave it in..)

Cosplaying for the first time this year,(there's spraypaint EVERYWHERE in my house/garden) & i'm pretty well researched on keeping weapons covered/making sure they're bendy etc...but just wondering-how do hotels usually react to cosplay?

For example,is a 4* hotel going to have me tailed by security for browsing the buffet in tactical gear..? I'd guess they're pretty used to it this time of year,but i have the ability to overthink a situation at 1000 paces,so just wondering if anyone had any experience?

Cheers all!

Laura

By tactical gear, do you mean military type gear?

I ask only because of the heightened security in recent months due to incidents in Europe and the world.

If in doubt, speak to the hotel staff (management), and if it is to wear to the event itself then a coat or hoodie over the top until you get to the event maybe?

Think I'll drop them an email just to be on the safe side,i mean-i'm five foot nothing,i'm pretty sure i pose very little terror threat!

Cheers for the reassurance though :)

Size means absolutely nothing when it comes to beinf perceived as a terror threat LauraJean. I would strongly suggest contacting them due to the nature of your cosplay mainly because of what I said in my last post to you. There was an incident last year where a cosplayer was out in the city - I believe as the Winter Soldier - and people panicked and the Police called.

If in doubt then please be safe and contact the hotel. If only to make sure your event is not spoiled by someone totally misreading your tactical gear outfit.

I know size means nothing,was just a lighthearted comment :)

& yes,some if it is military type gear-i know security,hotels & otherwise,are going to be on high alert right now & that's why i was a little concerned!

If all else fails i'll just sweat it out in a coat til i'm safely inside,thanks for the advice :)

Yeah,i'll be keeping all weaponry well hidden til i actually get there,but my cosplay still involves a lot of tactical-looking stuff (Winter soldier)...

Just didn't fancy being wrestled to the ground in the hotel lobby by overenthusiastic security!

Winter soldier a cool costume idea :) will be keeping an eye out for yours!

Winter soldier a cool costume idea :) will be keeping an eye out for yours!

Doing it on the saturday i think :)

Feel free to give us a hello if you spot me!

& yes,some if it is military type gear-i know security,hotels & otherwise,are going to be on high alert right now & that's why i was a little concerned!

If all else fails i'll just sweat it out in a coat til i'm safely inside,thanks for the advice :)

I would not want you to get the hassle the cosplayer who was arrested. Check the link below

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/moment-armed-police-arrest-red-6788212

damn! poor guy...

may be best not to keep cosplay weapons on display after all hey! lol

Poor guy?

A right idiot more like. Maybe 5 years ago he would have been fine, but in the past 18 months the world has gone to hell in a handcart

Edited by 13th Precinct Comics

I would not want you to get the hassle the cosplayer who was arrested. Check the link below

Found the article after you mentioned it,cheers for the link anyway!

I'll definitely be keeping anything remotely suspicious well under wraps til i get there,don't worry-i have no intention of spending the day in custody while the police try and figure out how dangerous my spraypainted Poundland guns are!

Thanks all of you for the advice :)

• Like 1

Found the article after you mentioned it,cheers for the link anyway!

I'll definitely be keeping anything remotely suspicious well under wraps til i get there,don't worry-i have no intention of spending the day in custody while the police try and figure out how dangerous my spraypainted Poundland guns are!

Thanks all of you for the advice :)

they would probably have to send them away for analysis :P

• Like 1