I Have Never.......

Raylenth

I have never read the Twilight books or seen the franchise of films after the second one (only saw the first two to keep my friend company and fell asleep in the second one)

Same here but I suffered through all the films.

I have never read the Twilight books or seen the franchise of films after the second one (only saw the first two to keep my friend company and fell asleep in the second one)

Same here but I suffered through all the films.

Enough was enough after the 2nd one. I had to make sure I was "working" or something else when my friend went to see them. I think she kind of guessed I did not want to see them after falling asleep in the second

I played this on a hen-do last weekend (yes I went on a hen-do, don't judge)....and it was considerably less forum friendly than this! :lol:

Hen Do's are great pplaces to go on the pull.....from what I have been told :)

And I have indeed played a version of this that is more Rated R than PG

I have never seen Star Trek. Or, for that matter, heard William Shatner's voice.

When I was a kid I was taken to see the third one search for Spock, the only thing about it I remember is these weird tentacle thingies in a forest. But it just doesn't appeal to me

I have never... Watched the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the original is totally flawless, and as much as I'm a massive fan of both Tim Burton and Johnny Depp (two incredible gentlemen) I cant even bring myself to watch their version.

• Like 1

I drove my sister to a hospital appointment in Northampton about 3 weeks ago- got a bit lost on a housing estate being build and stuck in road works. Bit of an odd looking area we drove through, a bit 'nothing' really. It's got a big Hobbycraft though :smile:

• Like 1

I have never seen the attraction of going to a festival like Glastonbury, standing in a field, stinking all weekend, using toilets that are apparently rank, just to listen to musical acts. If I want to see the acts I will see them at a proper gig.

Festivals are awesome (aside from the life-threatening levels of pollen in the air)!

It's all about the camaraderie - we did Download festival for a few years and there is genuinely nothing better than watching a days worth of good bands, ending with an epic headlining act, then getting back to the tent site, lighting up a barbeque and sitting around with a few drinks (in my case Irn Bru and Mountain Dew) and some burgers/bacon and just chilling out. Yes there is standing in a field, yes there is a level of hygiene that would be considered unacceptable in modern society, and yes the toilets can be unpleasant*, but it honestly all adds to the whole 'festival experience'. Plus you can see 20+ bands over the course of the weekend, and you'll find music you'd never really listen to, or see bands you'd never to their gigs.

Had some genuinely amazing moments at Donington, although I never did get the appeal of shouting 'buttscratcher'.... :huh:

*Understatement of the year contender 2016

Edited by tompain100

I have never seen the attraction of going to a festival like Glastonbury, standing in a field, stinking all weekend, using toilets that are apparently rank, just to listen to musical acts. If I want to see the acts I will see them at a proper gig.

Festivals are awesome (aside from the life-threatening levels of pollen in the air)!

It's all about the camaraderie - we did Download festival for a few years and there is genuinely nothing better than watching a days worth of good bands, ending with an epic headlining act, then getting back to the tent site, lighting up a barbeque and sitting around with a few drinks (in my case Irn Bru and Mountain Dew) and some burgers/bacon and just chilling out. Yes there is standing in a field, yes there is a level of hygiene that would be considered unacceptable in modern society, and yes the toilets can be unpleasant*, but it honestly all adds to the whole 'festival experience'. Plus you can see 20+ bands over the course of the weekend, and you'll find music you'd never really listen to, or see bands you'd never to their gigs.

Had some genuinely amazing moments at Donington, although I never did get the appeal of shouting 'buttscratcher'.... :huh:

*Understatement of the year contender 2016

The camraderie I get when I go to gigs, and I have been to a very few metal bands. I also get the camraderie of the BBQs when I go to a BBQ before or after the gig. The bands part is nto a problem for me as I am fortunate enough to be well connected on smaller gigs, new bands etc. But I cannot and will not ever get my head around doing all of this in a field, chucking down with rain, trying to use unpleasent toilet faciltiies. Oh, and paying stupid amounts of money for the privilege

To be fair, people have often told me they don't see the appeal in paying to get into an overcrowded hall full of hot and sweaty people in weird costumes, only to then pay 20 quid a pop to spend 30 seconds in the presence of someone who was once in a now-ended tv series ;)

• Like 1