Frequently Asked Questions

I'll post these responses here, the questions came up in various topics over the forum:

- SM Vouchers are being accepted at this show.

- The autograph price does not include a photo to get signed. Photos will be available for sale or you can bring your own item. It is not an issue if the item you bring is not Trek related.

- The photos available for sale will be official event photos and will have the event logo. If you'd rather have a photo without logo again you are free to bring your own pictures.

Its my first time at this event... What are the queues like for the photos? I'm guessing it best to go for the guest virtual tickets first then get the photos?

Best piece of advice - buy any photoshoots you want that aren't included in your ticket before the event, that way you have them booked and it's one less thing to have to do, then yes, as soon as you get in go and pick up any VQ tickets you want. You can then go and get your photo shoots as your sessions come up through the day, checking back on the guests throughout the day to see where their VQ numbers are up to. Queues for photoshoots generally aren't short, especially for the most popular guests/shoots. If you've got 2 or 3 hundred people in the queue and you're near the back it will obviously take a bit of time for you to get through. I think general photo shoot sessions are usually on for about 30/40 mins? It probably won't take you that long to get through but they usually open the queue a bit before the guest get there so they can be ready to go straight away so it might be at least 10/20 mins in each shoot.

If the VQ system operates the same as it does at Showmasters other events (and theres no reason to assume that they won't) they the VQ will only be valid for the day on which you get it. So if you get a VQ for guest A on Saturday but don't manage to get through, you can't keep it for Sunday and they don't start from where they left off the previous day, you have to collect a new VQ on Sunday.

Edited by Raylenth

I'm not sure if the question was more about the queues to purchase photos for signing rather than for photoshoots. My memory of the last show was that when the event opened the queues were quite long but quietened down a bit as the day wore on. The difference for that show was though that there was no VT system in place so there wasn't a decision to make on getting VTs or photos first. I think I'm right in saying someone confirmed VTs would be back in place for this show. Personally I'd always get a a at first because once you have that you can go up at any time after the number is called to get your signatures.

Yes, VT will be back for this show.

I understood DaveyMorgy the same way you did Count, question about photo sales seeing he quoted my prior post. Maybe you could clarify, Davey?

I posted the question then went out for the day, hence the slow reply.

The question wasn't photo shoot related, but about purchasing photo's to be signed by the guests. I think you have answered my question. I'll get the virtual tickets first then buy the photos to be signed. I'm guessing it will be pretty manic to begin with.

Thank you for the responses :)

Edited by DaveyMorgy

From some of the reviews I've read about the precious conventions, there were queues for tickets for free talks.

Is this going to be the case here? Also, can will we be able to pre book tickets for specific talks we want to attend to save further queuing when we get there?

From some of the reviews I've read about the precious conventions, there were queues for tickets for free talks.

Is this going to be the case here? Also, can will we be able to pre book tickets for specific talks we want to attend to save further queuing when we get there?

The free talks were first come, first served. There were no tickets given out.

I don't know what the plan is this time. If there's tickets the maximum that will happen is they will be given out on the day. I am not sure if that's what you are thinking of when you say prebooking.

From what I remember of the 2012 event there were problems with there not being enough space for the free talks but at the last event there was a lot more seating. Even for the talks where there weren't enough seats it was still possible to stand at the back and listen. I think I only had to do that once and that was for a talk with Levar Burton, Michael Dorn and John De Lancie on the Sunday morning. That said of course, different venue this time so less clear what the arrangements will be.

Will commander package holders

have to Que for

photo shots?

Commander package holders will have to queue for photo shoots as only holders of Captain or Admiral packages get the photo fast track.

Holders of Commander packages do get autograph fast track so I would have expected to get the same for photographs but looking at what each package offers this is not the case.

Thanks will not be booking any photo shots as I can't stand for an hour at a time. Like I did at one shot last time. Have a dissipate, but people can't tell so do not push it.

Don't know about DST but at Sherlocked they had a few chairs set up at the entrance to each photoshoot area for those who couldn't stand for the whole time in the queue. Maybe email and ask about arrangements like this?

Thanks will not be booking any photo shots as I can't stand for an hour at a time. Like I did at one shot last time. Have a dissipate, but people can't tell so do not push it.

Don't know about DST but at Sherlocked they had a few chairs set up at the entrance to each photoshoot area for those who couldn't stand for the whole time in the queue. Maybe email and ask about arrangements like this?

Yes. Please E-Mail and ask, the address is on the site. There's most certainly assistance available. No one wants you to miss something for reasons that can absolutely be avoided.

I was wondering if someone could pass onto the organisers about the fast track for captains we went to the last two events and you have to ask a member of staff to get you to the front of the q this is ok but you feel awful as all these people have been waiting for so long would it be possible to have a dedicated line where you wait and are then taken to the front making a much nicer experience it's really not nice being cursed by all the people in line.

I was wondering if someone could pass onto the organisers about the fast track for captains we went to the last two events and you have to ask a member of staff to get you to the front of the q this is ok but you feel awful as all these people have been waiting for so long would it be possible to have a dedicated line where you wait and are then taken to the front making a much nicer experience it's really not nice being cursed by all the people in line.

Please do not feel guilty if you have chosen to spend your hard earned money on buying a pass. These cost a lot as they grant you fast track access which those who have got a standard day pass do not get. You are only queue jumping if you have the same pass as those in the queue but your pass gives you the right to go to the front and if people do not like it then that's their problem. If someone gets annoyed with me when I go to the front of the queue I would point out that I paid for a pass which enables me to do so and if they choose not to do so then that's up to them. Its a bit like when you fly business class - you get on first and you get off first, those who have got other tickets simply have to wait their turn. If I had choosen to buy a standard pass then I would have no grounds to complain about those who had bought a more expensive ticket and the benefits that go with it.

If someone curses at you by all means point them out to the crew - if this gets too bad the people cursing can and will be removed from the show.

I don't know how the access will be handled this time, but I will pass it on.

Last time round, I saw people with expensive passes being moved in front of wheelchair users who had been waiting for ages. No way can this be fair.