Is CMK 2016 really not happening?

Faerie Tanith

I wasn't around during the shopping centre days but I heard there was an issue with photography there as well? As in you're not actually allowed to take photos inside the shopping centre for some reason but again as I say I wasn't actually there when it used to take place there so this is just stuff I've heard.

Well basically it had outgrown the shopping center.

Are you sure it wasn't because they needed tighter security for when Ben Browder was a guest and you were there?

You got your location wrong - Ben attended the first event at the Stadium. ;)

I wasn't around during the shopping centre days but I heard there was an issue with photography there as well? As in you're not actually allowed to take photos inside the shopping centre for some reason but again as I say I wasn't actually there when it used to take place there so this is just stuff I've heard.

Same as for Chappie here - took lots of photos no problem.

Well basically it had outgrown the shopping center.

Are you sure it wasn't because they needed tighter security for when Ben Browder was a guest and you were there?

Ahh I remember that event. Those were the days.

• Showmasters Admin

The show is now far too big to go back to the Centre. This was true even before they made it about 15% smaller by moving some of the shops forward into that space.

There is no way we could run our event there now.

Hence why they had to move. They knew the shopping centre couldn't handle your fangirling ways if they got Browder

Edited by CHAPPiE13

• 2 weeks later...

The show is now far too big to go back to the Centre. This was true even before they made it about 15% smaller by moving some of the shops forward into that space.

There is no way we could run our event there now.

Well boo.

Contact the shopping centre and ask them to expand. Then we can go back

• 2 weeks later...

Venue issues at both MK shopping centre and 2nd issue at MK Dons stadium i think there is no way that CM24 will happen unless SM could try and go down the road to Birmingham NEC

Birmingham is not exactly "down the road"

70 miles and 90 minutes by car

Edited by CHAPPiE13

I believe another company uses the NEC so may have an exclusive contract for these types of events.

Star Trek Destination Europe is at the NEC so can't see any reason why Collectormania cannot be there also.

Same reason as for the ExCel being used for prior Destination shows, but not for LFACC. An official event is different to a crossover signing show. It all depends on how the existing contracts are phrased.

Lack of financial incentive... a sad day for one of the best cons that Showmasters did... all these new ones may compensate.. But for this 10 yr veteran.. this is not good for the people who have helped make SM what it is today..

Lack of financial incentive... a sad day for one of the best cons that Showmasters did... all these new ones may compensate.. But for this 10 yr veteran.. this is not good for the people who have helped make SM what it is today..

TooTall has already posted earlier what there's currently issues preventing SM to hold the event there. If it was just financial issues that would have been the most easy fix - never mind that if I go by the complaints of some people about the show in the last years the plug would have been pulled way earlier if that was it. There's apparently way heavier issues going on behind the scenes.

Collectormania has always been the original event, and thus something really had their hearts set on. Not having it was a decision that can't have been taken lighthearted.