Where did the queues thread go?

I don'tknow why they removed it. It was honest feedback live from the event. I guess because it shows nothing was learnt from the queuing mess last year. Until the gold bands are posted out so they don't have to do that on the way in, nothing will change.

• Like 2

the queues thread is currently hidden because a poster that had already been warned because of a similar issue went on a little rampage there.

As my mobile was doing weird things when I tried to hide the posts in question I had to ultimately get back to plan B which unfortunately meant hiding the whole thread.

The queueing issue has been raised and should hopefully be fixed tomorrow.

I hope that answers everything?

• Like 2

I am trying to get one or ask someone to come on who can give you one. But this is very unlikely to happen before the event closes tonight. So if you could be patient for a couple of hours that would really be appreciated.

All I can currently say is what I posted above. I am an attendee myself at this one (only helped out in the morning when an extra set of hands was needed), so unfortunately I can't simply run backstage looking for people.

• Like 2

There is extra crew being assigned to the Gold Pass line tomorrow. Ticket scanning and such will start around 7.30. So by the time doors open everyone will hopefully just be streaming in.

There's also been a refresher on the line separation too. If security still does have issues grab a crew member please.

There is extra crew being assigned to the Gold Pass line tomorrow. Ticket scanning and such will start around 7.30. So by the time doors open everyone will hopefully just be streaming in.

There's also been a refresher on the line separation too. If security still does have issues grab a crew member please.

Excellent! Does scanning begin at 7.30 for the standard queue too, as it was insanely long today?

Excellent! Does scanning begin at 7.30 for the standard queue too, as it was insanely long today?

I was told the scanning is a priority for tomorrow

All I hope is that YALC aren't let in before us golds tomorrow. Was there from 12 and got in at 1:15 due to lack of crew at the gold queue PLUS YALC were being brought out of the queue and taken straight in BEFORE golds!

I must say this was the only BIG problem of the weekend. Everything else has gone swimmingly!

Well I'm going on Sunday and also starting to get a bit worried, I knew it will be packed, my concerns is I have two photoshoots at 9h30 , Bill Paxton and Christopher Lloyd Delorean, I sure hope that queuing is gonna go smoothly so that I could be inside the area before 9h30. I decided to go straight to the Bill Paxton shoot as the time for this shoot is shorter than the Christopher Lloyd one. I guess it's an eeeeeeaaaarrrrrllllllly Sunday wake up

The other two shoot are well spaced (pw Weaver and Delorean Fox) so could get there well in time no worries for those (well almost , I'll be relieve as soon as I get the pics in hand)

I think it will be less of a problem tomorrow - it seemed most of the gold pass folk were there today so there should be less bands being given out. For all the complaining (and yes, I was one of them) once inside everything was great. The guests were happy, the prop shoots were great fun, there was much more space in the aisles between the trade stands, and even the gold pass room remained stocked with water and flumps the whole time :-)

Roll on tomorrow :-)

Will there be crew present outside tomorrow morning to help with queue management?

Venue staff have been an issue in the past (got a horror story from Earl's Court last year) and I have asked the question a few times about crew being outside to work alongside them but haven't had a definitive answer.

The security folk did seem to know what they were doing this time, and there were also crew out there. Just need to know the main queue is the side of the building next to the station, and the Gold/Yalc queue is the other side (so walk past the front of the building)....

The security folk did seem to know what they were doing this time, and there were also crew out there. Just need to know the main queue is the side of the building next to the station, and the Gold/Yalc queue is the other side (so walk past the front of the building)....

That's good to know, thanks for the information buddy. I'm not prone to being melodramatic but a few times over the years have had issues with venue staff not having a clue (as I said Earl's Court last year was a particular problem) so its a relief to know things are better when I arrive at 7.10am bleary eyed and worse for wear!