Guest Cancellation - EMILY KINNEY

I didn't realise she'd posted about it. It sucks, but is obviously understandable that she'd need to prioritize her main job.

A Message to my London fans:....Sad to annouce I won't be able to make it to London Comic Con this summer. However, it is because I'm working on an exciting new project!! I absolutely love meeting fans and am so thankful for your support, but I also want to keep making cool tv shows and movies and music for all you fans to enjoy! And this is a project, I just couldn't pass up. I think you're gonna dig it! Have an amazing summer, you London lovers, and I'm already coming up with ideas to make it up and come visit you as soon as I can!! xoxoxoxo

Anyone had a refund yet? I feel even more disappointed with the cancellation after seeing she's still attending an American event this weekend. Don't suppose anyone has came across a reason for why she can't make London?

Maybe American flight = around 4 hours, intercontinental flight around 12 hours if you're on the West Coast? ;) US travel is always easier for American guests.

why agree to appear in the first place then?

anyway, she put a message on twitter explaining why she cant make it. apparently an acting opportunity has come up that she cant pass up and she only has one chance to be part of it. she was REALLY apologetic in her message and said shes going to try and come over to another UK event in the future.

at least she didnt pull a coleman :)

What do you mean by pulling a Coleman, Jenna was at the con last year or did she cancel another year before?

Chad Coleman (tyreese on TWD) he was meant to come to WLFCC 2013 but cancelled (apparently he had 'filming' to do)

instead he turned up at a con in the states the same weekend as WLFCC

Anyone had a refund yet? I feel even more disappointed with the cancellation after seeing she's still attending an American event this weekend. Don't suppose anyone has came across a reason for why she can't make London?

Maybe American flight = around 4 hours, intercontinental flight around 12 hours if you're on the West Coast? ;) US travel is always easier for American guests.

anyway, she put a message on twitter explaining why she cant make it. apparently an acting opportunity has come up that she cant pass up and she only has one chance to be part of it. she was REALLY apologetic in her message and said shes going to try and come over to another UK event in the future.

What do you mean by pulling a Coleman, Jenna was at the con last year or did she cancel another year before?

Chad Coleman (tyreese on TWD) he was meant to come to WLFCC 2013 but cancelled (apparently he had 'filming' to do)

instead he turned up at a con in the states the same weekend as WLFCC

Really? That's rude. It was still a good con because Jon Bernthal was amazing

American cons fit way easier in an American actor's schedule. They could take a plane friday night and be back on set by monday morning. The reason why we have many British guests. Ian McDiarmid would never have been able to do an American con at LFCC's weekend.

So why agree in the first place for a European con? Probably because she thought she wouldn't be working (for a movie/tv show) and have time to fly over. Not to mention a lot of American actors like the perks of travelling abroad (like visiting beautiful cities as Paris or London).

• Like 1

American cons fit way easier in an American actor's schedule. They could take a plane friday night and be back on set by monday morning. The reason why we have many British guests. Ian McDiarmid would never have been able to do an American con at LFCC's weekend.

So why agree in the first place for a European con? Probably because she thought she wouldn't be working (for a movie/tv show) and have time to fly over. Not to mention a lot of American actors like the perks of travelling abroad (like visiting beautiful cities as Paris or London).

Exactly. That's the long version of what I tried to say above.

oh dont get me wrong, im not complaining that she cancelled. if jobs arise then they have to further their careers.

im sure anyone on this forum would give LFCC a miss if they got an amazing job opportunity that they really wanted to do. im saying im glad she didnt agree to do a con here in the UK, cancel and then go to one in the states instead. i think if you cancel an appearance, for example, at LFCC due to having to work and then turn up at a con in america then thats not right.

anyway. whats done is done. lets hope we get another twd guest for lfcc as a late replacement :)

My refund came through this morning

Awesome will keep an eye out for mine then!

Regarding the new TV show she has been announced has anyone seen the previous 2 seasons? Any good?

I watch it, love it. Michael Sheen is amazing in it