Guest Cancellation - EMILY KINNEY

Absolutely gutted to say the least. First Comic Con and bought my photo ages ago. I had been warned by a friend about cancellations. She has just finished her US music tour so guess that may have had somthing to do with...well better look where else I can spend my £25!!

How does the refund work on tickets purchased before eventbrite took over?

Same as always, automatic refund as well.

Maybe update the Topics Header to "Guest Cancellation - Emily Kinney, Refund is automatic in old system and Eventbrite" :smile:

How does the refund work on tickets purchased before eventbrite took over?

Same as always, automatic refund as well.

Maybe update the Topics Header to "Guest Cancellation - Emily Kinney, Refund is automatic in old system and Eventbrite" :smile:

Tried, but I'd have to stick in "and will be done as soon as possible" - that means not enough room.

Guys, I know you'd like your money back before the show. But burying my e-mail with refund requests now too is not going to speed up the process.

Brace yourselves for more inevitable cancelations...

shame it cant be some of the 3 second part actors from other films as opposed to "bigger" guests.

i guess thats just the way things are though

Please don't be rude about any of the guests. They all appeal to some people, and just because they're not someone you're interested in, it's not fair to wish they'd cancel instead. Other people would be disappointed then.

please make sure the next event has an even spread of guests instead of nearly a 3rd of all the movie and tv guests all being from one franchise.

just saying.

anyway, i doubt there is much change of getting a replacement TWD guest, so at least i'll have a bit more money to spend on things on the stalls

Cast reunions are AMAZING to big fans of the movie/s (Back to the Future is my favourite series). I can't imagine you'd be complaining if it was a reunion of your favourite movie series? Respect the fact it's those franchises special anniversarys etc. I have zero interest in Alien but so happy for my friends who love the franchise as they're getting the opportunity to meet their legends. Think outside your own interests, this is an amazing line up for lots of different people. I'm sure next year will have another amazing line up for different franchises too.

• Like 4

shame it cant be some of the 3 second part actors from other films as opposed to "bigger" guests.

Please don't be rude about any of the guests. They all appeal to some people, and just because they're not someone you're interested in, it's not fair to wish they'd cancel instead. Other people would be disappointed then.

please make sure the next event has an even spread of guests instead of nearly a 3rd of all the movie and tv guests all being from one franchise.

just saying.

anyway, i doubt there is much change of getting a replacement TWD guest, so at least i'll have a bit more money to spend on things on the stalls

Cast reunions are AMAZING to big fans of the movie/s (Back to the Future is my favourite series). I can't imagine you'd be complaining if it was a reunion of your favourite movie series? Respect the fact it's those franchises special anniversarys etc. I have zero interest in Alien but so happy for my friends who love the franchise as they're getting the opportunity to meet their legends. Think outside your own interests, this is an amazing line up for lots of different people. I'm sure next year will have another amazing line up for different franchises too.

Yes cast reunions are great if you a fan of the movie. Isn't it alienating a lot of people are are not though? I have to agree with previous post there should be a wider selection of guests to appeal to more people. Variety is the spice of life after all!

just saying.

Yes cast reunions are great if you a fan of the movie. Isn't it alienating a lot of people are are not though? I have to agree with previous post there should be a wider selection of guests to appeal to more people. Variety is the spice of life after all!

I really can't see how there isn't variety? There are BttF, Alien, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Stargate, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Marvel, horror icons (Scream, Gremlins Nightmare etc.), The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Dexter, The Musketeers, The 100, Arrow, Prison Break, Vampire Diaries, Falling Skies, Chuck, The Hobbit, Banshee, Penny Dreadful, American Horror Story, Spooks, Downton Abbey, TMNT, Power Rangers and more guests. Some are more iconic than others maybe, but while you may sit and say 'who?' at one guest, another conventioner is super excited to meet that person. It's not plausible to headliners for each fandom, there are so many shows and movies people adore, the convention would be MANIC and unbearable for everyone involved. How much wider do you want this selection?

• Like 4

As I've said elsewhere - at least you get SOME TWD guests. A lot of modern shows don't have ANY guests attending at all. To be honest I think fans are pretty lucky in that respect. At least SM have had a good number of guests from the show over the last few years.

Precisely

I had 2 photo shoot tickets booked (1 for Emily Kinney and 1 for Natalia Tena) but I haven't received any emails about cancelling / refunds for either - should I have received emails by now? I've checked in spam and all other boxes but nothing.

I know refunds are being processed ASAP and may not be for a little while but I want to make sure I've got some sort of confirmation email to say that my money will be refunded in due course.

I had 2 photo shoot tickets booked (1 for Emily Kinney and 1 for Natalia Tena) but I haven't received any emails about cancelling / refunds for either - should I have received emails by now? I've checked in spam and all other boxes but nothing.

I know refunds are being processed ASAP and may not be for a little while but I want to make sure I've got some sort of confirmation email to say that my money will be refunded in due course.

The refunds are still being worked on, so this is normal. You will only get confirmation once the refund has been processed, that is the way the system is set up.

The refunds are still being worked on, so this is normal. You will only get confirmation once the refund has been processed, that is the way the system is set up.

Thanks for the info and prompt response - much appreciated :)

As I've said elsewhere - at least you get SOME TWD guests. A lot of modern shows don't have ANY guests attending at all. To be honest I think fans are pretty lucky in that respect. At least SM have had a good number of guests from the show over the last few years.

Well to be honest walking dead is current running show and is on another level compared to other shows with the exception of one current show (GoT)

Well to be honest walking dead is current running show and is on another level compared to other shows with the exception of one current show (GoT)

but what level is that because it only get watched by a miniority audience on Channel 5/sky. I like it but most people i know either don't watch it, never heard of it or watched it once and don't watch anymore.

just saying.

I really can't see how there isn't variety? There are BttF, Alien, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Stargate, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Marvel, horror icons (Scream, Gremlins Nightmare etc.), The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Dexter, The Musketeers, The 100, Arrow, Prison Break, Vampire Diaries, Falling Skies, Chuck, The Hobbit, Banshee, Penny Dreadful, American Horror Story, Spooks, Downton Abbey, TMNT, Power Rangers and more guests. Some are more iconic than others maybe, but while you may sit and say 'who?' at one guest, another conventioner is super excited to meet that person. It's not plausible to headliners for each fandom, there are so many shows and movies people adore, the convention would be MANIC and unbearable for everyone involved. How much wider do you want this selection?

There are over 200 guests catering to a lot of fandoms, just because yours isn't in there doesn't mean Showmasters doesn't have variety. I'm all for reunions and hope there are many more in the future to come. I also take less interest in the Back to the Future and Empire Strikes Back reunion, but it's amazing for those who want to get posters signed. I can only hope I'll ever be so lucky for a movie where I want to get all of the cast. And if this years line up is not of your taste... So what? Money saved that you can spend on other unnamed conventions that might have a guest you really like.

• Like 1

but what level is that because it only get watched by a miniority audience on Channel 5/sky. I like it but most people i know either don't watch it, never heard of it or watched it once and don't watch anymore.

On a level that is big enough that they will always be busy enough at events like this.

Do most people you know go to the comic con? The two past times share common ground.

Sky could loose it in a few years - they aren't getting the spin-off - which would really reduce the numbers.

on a big enough level that it got its own now worldwide con ...... and that's before we start talking about the comics and video games the walking dead franchise is huge Edited by rocky_on_vhs
  • Like 1

on a big enough level that it got its own now worldwide con ...... and that's before we start talking about the comics and video games the walking dead franchise is huge

This. It is a massive franchise.

• Like 3

Anyone had a refund yet? I feel even more disappointed with the cancellation after seeing she's still attending an American event this weekend. Don't suppose anyone has came across a reason for why she can't make London?

Anyone had a refund yet? I feel even more disappointed with the cancellation after seeing she's still attending an American event this weekend. Don't suppose anyone has came across a reason for why she can't make London?

Maybe American flight = around 4 hours, intercontinental flight around 12 hours if you're on the West Coast? ;) US travel is always easier for American guests.

Maybe American flight = around 4 hours, intercontinental flight around 12 hours if you're on the West Coast? ;) US travel is always easier for American guests.

why agree to appear in the first place then?

anyway, she put a message on twitter explaining why she cant make it. apparently an acting opportunity has come up that she cant pass up and she only has one chance to be part of it. she was REALLY apologetic in her message and said shes going to try and come over to another UK event in the future.

at least she didnt pull a coleman :)

Edited by josh-hammond

why agree to appear in the first place then?

anyway, she put a message on twitter explaining why she cant make it. apparently an acting opportunity has come up that she cant pass up and she only has one chance to be part of it. she was REALLY apologetic in her message and said shes going to try and come over to another UK event in the future.

at least she didnt pull a coleman :)

What do you mean by pulling a Coleman, Jenna was at the con last year or did she cancel another year before?