More Gold Passes and Hayley Atwell Photo Shoots now available

The number was announced a couple of years ago. 150, why is it a secret now? Why? We pay lots of money for that pass. If its 1500 now. Its not that gold anymore. I dont get the point of all the secracy. The show is still awesome. But the price has gone up by 30% in two years. I can live with that. But not if the number of passes have gone up with 300%. Good that its 40% from last year. But alot of batches has come up on eventbrite. I love comic con. But I dont like the fact that you keep things like this a secret. We are the fans. We love this. Why keep things like this a secret? As you have said before. You dont tell this. But why?

Things can change over the years. I think that number you are giving was actually announced when Gold Passes went on sale first, and after that never again. The show has changed, and grown too.

It has been the office's decision not to give out numbers. I am happy to forward the questions to them, but this is all I can do. I don't even have the numbers, so there is no way I can answer anything in this regards.

One of the reasons I can imagine why no numbers are being given anymore is something I already posted about general entry tickets: no matter what number is given, people will panic. At the moment it seems all it needs is a flea sneezing and we get a wave of worried posts. We never had so many "will I make this, will I make that?" topics as this year. We've already had posts of attendees worrying if they'll get an autograph from a guest who has a photoshoot that's not even up to batch 4 (so roughly an hour length) yet. Tossing any numbers out there will make that even worse.

I can't see why people are making a big deal about the number of additional gold passes being put on sale.

You're still going to be able to queue for autographs without a virtual ticket, you'll still be towards the front for photoshoots (unless the guest is a diamond guest so you'll be behind them but infront of non-gold pass holders), you'll still get to go to the charged (non-diamond pass guest) talks and sit at the front, and of course the goodie bags.

People should look forward to what they will experience at LFCC this year, rather than worry about what showmasters are doing behind the scenes.

• Like 2

I can't see why people are making a big deal about the number of additional gold passes being put on sale.

Last year I had VQ ticket number 28 for Summer Glau, but I didn't get to join her line before 1 PM, because of all the gold passes filling up the line. Just imagine if you had a reasonable VQ ticket 200.

Having said that, one thing certainly different last year was that huge amounts of people stuck around because of the "absolute last chance" to meet Stan Lee. With the Diamond passes and the current line-up I don't think it will be any near as bad. But it will certainly be busy.

Last year I had VQ ticket number 28 for Summer Glau, but I didn't get to join her line before 1 PM, because of all the gold passes filling up the line. Just imagine if you had a reasonable VQ ticket 200.

Having said that, one thing certainly different last year was that huge amounts of people stuck around because of the "absolute last chance" to meet Stan Lee. With the Diamond passes and the current line-up I don't think it will be any near as bad. But it will certainly be busy.

I don't see why you weren't allowed to join the queue before this time. Once your VT ticket number is called you can join the queue.

Gold pass holders can't jump in front of you in an auto queue (they get priority seating in talks & called in first for photo shoots), they can just join the back of a queue without a VT ticket.

I don't see why you weren't allowed to join the queue before this time. Once your VT ticket number is called you can join the queue.

Gold pass holders can't jump in front of you in an auto queue (they get priority seating in talks & called in first for photo shoots), they can just join the back of a queue without a VT ticket.

Yes but they still dont have to get VT ticket for the autographs so they end up savings lots of time.

Hey has anyone on here managed to switch a ps ticket for sat to sun? As im trying to do that for hayley and have emailed showmasters about it but probably wont get anything back about it until tomorrow now! I want to know if anyone has been successful doing this can someone please reply to this as i really need to get the sun one with getting Sigourneys ps and auto on sat which will be chaotic! Cheers! :-)

I'm sorry but there's absolutely no reason why you'd need to change anything if the only other thing you're doing on Saturday is a photo with Sigourney and trying to get her autograph. Just get there early, get a VQ ticket for her and you have the rest of the day to do whatever until your number comes up. Don't understand what the panic is.

• Moderators

Rockstar6662 I have a gold pass so dont need a vt ticket but im just worried bout the ps schedule as nothing has been put on here regarding ps schedules and wont be until the week before i dont want any clashes so think would be best on sun! The only other ps i have on sat is maimie mccoy as she is only there on sat but dont think that will clash but might be getting bill paxtons on the day if any left and he and Sigourney will be so popular and will have massive queues especially for autos so wanna make sure i dont miss hayleys ps

I have no doubt that you will have no issues at all getting Sigourneys auto and photo on the Saturday especially with a gold pass and fitting in maime's photo shoot as well. Sigourney will be doing multiple photo sessions throughout the day so you will have plenty of time to get the autograph as well, as Rockstar said I really wouldn't say you need to change anything at all.

Edited by StuartG2198

• Moderators

Rockstar6662 I have a gold pass so dont need a vt ticket but im just worried bout the ps schedule as nothing has been put on here regarding ps schedules and wont be until the week before i dont want any clashes so think would be best on sun! The only other ps i have on sat is maimie mccoy as she is only there on sat but dont think that will clash but might be getting bill paxtons on the day if any left and he and Sigourney will be so popular and will have massive queues especially for autos so wanna make sure i dont miss hayleys ps

NO ONE will have a massive queue for autos. That's the whole point of the virtual queuing system. Even the very busiest guests you're unlikely to spend more than around half an hour in an auto queue. And with a gold pass you'll be through most photoshoot queues in a matter of minutes. There are people (especially those with gold passes) who manage to do well into the double digits on numbers of autos and photos in a single day, you'll be fine. (Besides which Hayley and Sigourney are both likely to have more than one shoot slot in the day, given the sales numbers, so you can easily avoid clashes there)

There won't be massive queues for autographs as they don't let the queues get too big. If you've got Gold then there's seriously nothing to worry about. Honestly, people do photoshoots into double figures on one day and similar number of autos even without a gold pass and manage it. It's just about time management. With gold it's ridiculously easy. Couple of years ago I had 3 photoshoots clash at the same time (short ones too) and easily made them all.

Nothing personal, just a general observation from years of attending but people panic far too much on here. It's a long day and if you can hang around and plan your time, there's plenty of time to get lots done.

• Like 1

Well I'm sorry but I can.

Its down to them supposed to have been limited. The last thing we want is to go through another year like last year when the Gold Pass queue was huge.

As for an answer, Jason has already stated on here that they have only sold 40% of the Gold passes

• Like 1

As for an answer, Jason has already stated on here that they have only sold 40% of the Gold passes

Without numbers (which we won't get) that stat is useless. He might have sold 40 out of 100 available, or 40,000 out of 100,000 available (both of those are obviously extremes!)

Without numbers (which we won't get) that stat is useless. He might have sold 40 out of 100 available, or 40,000 out of 100,000 available (both of those are obviously extremes!)

I never said I agreed just that was the answer given.

Summer was doing one of the very first photoshoots of the day, so she did start signing later to start with.

Hey has anyone on here managed to switch a ps ticket for sat to sun? As im trying to do that for hayley and have emailed showmasters about it but probably wont get anything back about it until tomorrow now! I want to know if anyone has been successful doing this can someone please reply to this as i really need to get the sun one with getting Sigourneys ps and auto on sat which will be chaotic! Cheers! :-)

You need to wait. The store are the only people who can make a decision on this.

You're asking for an exception pretty much without any reason as rockstar and etmuse have already explained. Even if someone was successful: If someone got an exception from the rules before I am pretty sure most people wouldn't exactly go around and brag about it on the organisers official forum.

Was only wondering if it was possible and have got a valid reason as did put my details in for sun for ps photos and said error on eventbrite so i should have had the Sunday one in the first place

That's not what your first post said.

You didn't mention any store issues then. That sounded like sheer "oh bugger, I may not have enough time after all" panic.

Its down to them supposed to have been limited. The last thing we want is to go through another year like last year when the Gold Pass queue was huge.

Thats my point. The problem comes when there are loads of other with Gold Pass. Cause The PS que privilegue is not as good when there are loads of them in front of you. I sure we will be fine. But That is still my worry.

Last year was different. There were Gold Pass Regular and Gold Pass Comic.

Stan Lee's photoshoot queue were long because there were Gold Pass Regular, Gold Pass Comic, and Silver Pass Comic.

I'd say it again, get excited about LFCC. Life is too short to worry about Showmaster releasing additional passes.

• Like 2

Because the VQ number was only up to 15. I think at 2:30 it was upto 30 or something.

Yes but they still dont have to get VT ticket for the autographs so they end up savings lots of time.

Actually I was talking from the viewpoint of people without Gold Passes. If there are so many Gold Passes that they take up the queues of the biggest guest, the VQ system becomes irrelevant.

Edited by robertderidder

Question: I got myself a Gold pass and a Saturday entry ticket as a gift for a friend of mine. It has my name on it though, will this affect their ability to get in with it?

We're really well on our way to answering that a million time. We had just that same question this afternoon, even including the Gold Pass. :lol:

No, this will not be a problem.

• Moderators

Well, I just bought my gold pass. Stupid question, do we really need to print them or having them on our Iphone is enough? Surely the machine can scan my ticket on it, right?

Yes, as long as we can scan the code, either a print out or showing the barcode on your phone or tablet is fine.

Well, I just bought my gold pass. Stupid question, do we really need to print them or having them on our Iphone is enough? Surely the machine can scan my ticket on it, right?

Yes, as long as we can scan the code, either a print out or showing the barcode on your phone or tablet is fine.

thanks!

Thats my point. The problem comes when there are loads of other with Gold Pass. Cause The PS que privilegue is not as good when there are loads of them in front of you. I sure we will be fine. But That is still my worry.

Now you know how us mere mortals with no Gold Pass feel at every event :whistling:

• Like 1

Now you know how us mere mortals with no Gold Pass feel at every event :whistling:

Thats why I spend £225 and buy a Goldpass so I dont have to. But I do know how it feels to not have one. :)

Edited by Goosemaster