I'd recommend everyone to give themselves extra time when catching the fee bus because they don't usually follow correct pick up times.

Last year we waited longer than the scheduled time (ended up calling a taxi) and nearly missed our train back to London.

How did you nearly miss the train back to London ? They run till 10pm or even later lol

Edited by DxMinionX

I'd recommend everyone to give themselves extra time when catching the fee bus because they don't usually follow correct pick up times.

Last year we waited longer than the scheduled time (ended up calling a taxi) and nearly missed our train back to London.

How did you nearly miss the train back to London ? They run till 10pm or even later lol

May have had a pre-booked advance ticket for that set train. I do it all the time for cheaper tickets.

• Like 1

if you buy some train tickets in advance you have to catch a specific train , if you miss it you have to pay for a new ticket. Buying in advance my return ticket is just 14 quid,but miss my 16.15 train and i have to pay 65 quid again.

• Like 1

May have had a pre-booked advance ticket for that set train. I do it all the time for cheaper tickets.

if you buy some train tickets in advance you have to catch a specific train , if you miss it you have to pay for a new ticket. Buying in advance my return ticket is just 14 quid,but miss my 16.15 train and i have to pay 65 quid again.

Thank you to you both for chipping in!!

Yes, I always pre-book on a specific train for cheaper tickets. An open return can cost over 4 times as much.

It's Z1.

There appears to be a cache problem on the site which is making some of you see old stuff still. We're working on getting that resolved.

So the Free bus will leave from Z1 on both days? Just want to confirm this.. Also do you have a Bus stop Map to post? Is this bus stop outside the Bus Station? :blush:

It's Z1.

There appears to be a cache problem on the site which is making some of you see old stuff still. We're working on getting that resolved.

So the Free bus will leave from Z1 on both days? Just want to confirm this.. Also do you have a Bus stop Map to post? Is this bus stop outside the Bus Station? :blush:

Yes, no and no - the stops given are train station and shopping center. You mean the big bus station for National Express and such, right?

At the train station there's normally been signs where to go for the busses. I haven't been in the area for ages, sorry.

It's Z1.

Yes, no and no - the stops given are train station and shopping center. You mean the big bus station for National Express and such, right?

At the train station there's normally been signs where to go for the busses. I haven't been in the area for ages, sorry.

Thanks QS, I remember last year the buses were not picking up at the bus station at Y5.. They picked up outside the bus station then drove off leaving all of us standing at the bus stop looking at each other.... Grrr. Not to worry if the stop is now Z1 I should be able to find it.. It can't be too far from the Y Stop.. Thanks. :smile:

hopefully the buses run on time for once and theres less of an attitude from the drivers who seem to think because the buses are free they can turn up when they want , drive off without warning and speak sarcastically when people complain.

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 1

Bus driver was lovely today.

Managed to get to the stop for the last collection of the day, only to realise that this one was taking SM crew & was only going to their hotel.

But the wonderful driver told me to get on & he'd drop at the station after, as it was on his way.

I wish him a good game of golf today.

hopefully the buses run on time for once and theres less of an attitude from the drivers who seem to think because the buses are free they can turn up when they want , drive off without warning and speak sarcastically when people complain.

allways prepared to correct a wrong from previous post, buses arrived and left on time, no delays,drop off at the stadium car park is good,this year drivers were often chatty, helpful and did a good job. so well done.