Newbie with so many questions

First of all I am new to this stuff and I have nobody to ask about it.

I am doing comic-con for the first time and I alreeady bought a lot of tickets to see actors and i am so excited!

Now, my question is what is the best time to show up there? I have YALC ticket and I don't know how does it work.

What if the YALC pannels and stuff are colliding with my photoshoots?

What if I have normal ticket for Sunday and I have few photoshoots? Will I be able to make it on time for the pictures? Or better to upgrade it?

Can I ask the guest for pictures like hug pic or posed picture?

And then the cosplay area, what is it and how does it work anyway?

• Like 2

First of all I am new to this stuff and I have nobody to ask about it.

I am doing comic-con for the first time and I alreeady bought a lot of tickets to see actors and i am so excited!

Now, my question is what is the best time to show up there? I have YALC ticket and I don't know how does it work.

What if the YALC pannels and stuff are colliding with my photoshoots?

What if I have normal ticket for Sunday and I have few photoshoots? Will I be able to make it on time for the pictures? Or better to upgrade it?

Can I ask the guest for pictures like hug pic or posed picture?

And then the cosplay area, what is it and how does it work anyway?

If you have a general entry ticket, I'd recommend turning up at least one hour before the doors open. The queues are large and if you're at the back of the queue, it could take 30-45 minutes to get in (unless they've done something to improve the process this time around).

The photo-shoots don't normally begin until a half hour to an hour after the doors open, so don't worry about that too much.

Guests who don't allow pictures will normally have a sign that says so, but they reserve the right to refuse a picture and physical contact. Some guests are happy to hug, shake hands, pose etc... but ask nicely and don't assume that since you've paid for it, that they'll do anything you ask.

I don't know much about the cosplay area.

should a photo shoot clash with another you can ask the crew to go first. It work for me perfect last year :-)

Depends on how many guest you want meet. But there is a lot to walk and checking back to queues when you got a virtual number (for the big guests).

Dont have experience with cosplay but its fun watching those costumed fans.

Some actors don't give hands to shake (a few guys have a phobia's like Brent Spiner) but others are damn cool, giving a handshake, hugs, others are more reserved.

I love to talking about with the celebrities about their work about a special movie/tv-Show they did and about their characters. Michael Ensign and Tricia O'Neil who apperead both in TITANIC had many stories to tell about their work in this movie. Tricia O'neil spoke nearly about 50 min with me about her experience and Michael Ensign about his death scene in Titanic. This was really awsome. Can't wait to meet Bill Paxton.

But don't be upset when they don't talk. There will be a lot fans and they might be tired / jetlagged.

Will Shatner was reserved /busy (ok, with thousands of fans behind me :-) ) while Scott Bakula was a true gentleman and answered every question and was honored when you liked his work.

Ok, some people have own food / drinks in their backpack but thats nothing for me. My stuff (pics/poster/DVD boxes) are heavy enough - so I going to buy my food (there are several food areas: sandwich, salads, fries) there.

When you do a photo with a celebrity you can ask to make some fun-things (like: getting hugs, or play a scene from a movie/tv show). I think Robert Englund will wear his Freddy Glove's. Last year Carrie Fisher hug's me on the pic (which was big surprise for me because I'ven't expected it).

First year (2010) I was only satufday there (Saturday is very busy) and haven't gotten every celebrity. Since then im going always on 3 days. So enough time to meet all. Say hello, getting photos, autographs I want.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well the way I go about it is as follows.

* On release of schedule highlight my photo ops - know when and where they are

* Arrive at venue get in gold queue and wait for my wrist band

* When the doors open enter the venue have another look at the schedule for any changes, have a look at the floor map and then walk around the venue to familiarise myself

* Attend relevant photoshoots on time and in between get what autos I can and browse

Most importantly take the time to enjoy!!

• Like 1

ahh ok i get it. so basically if i have photoshoot with let's say michael j. fox i am just going to the place where he's doing the photo op and i get the ticket? and then the same with the rest of the people?

i am sure that it won't look as scary as it is in my head but i like to know all the details.

• Moderators

ahh ok i get it. so basically if i have photoshoot with let's say michael j. fox i am just going to the place where he's doing the photo op and i get the ticket? and then the same with the rest of the people?

i am sure that it won't look as scary as it is in my head but i like to know all the details.

No do u have a diamond pass for MJF? Because he works a bit differently, say for example you were meeting Emily Kinney when you get to the venue and get through the doors, have a look at the floor plan so you know where everything is then you would head to Emily's queue in the signing area to get a VQ ticket, your photoshoots are in a different areas

• Moderators

i have normal entry. i bought just the YALC entry ticket and that's it. and i am not doing autographs, just the pictures.

Ok even easier, so have you purchased your photo tickets already?

As I mentioned have a look at the schedule, on the map you will see there will be photo area A, B,C,D and all you have to do is show up at the photo area where your shoot is taking place at the right time

• Moderators

ohhh so it's just if i am in the que it depends on what time i arrive? i see. i thought i need a number.

The only number you need to worry about is what batch you are. Say for example you are batch 2 for Emily Kinney and her shoot runs from 5:30-6:10pm on Friday at Photo Area A, you would show up at the photo area where at the start time of the shoot the crew will call for Gold passes and batch 1 first once these are all through then batch 2 and so on, does that make sense?

• Moderators

Yeh if u have any clashes or are unsure ask a member of the crew, they will help you. If there are two shoots that are at the same time and one is running longer than the other I would go to that first but as previously mentioned any concerns raise it with a member of crew or a pit boss (red shirt)

Yes clashes are not that stressful I had last year a clash with John Hurt and hum I think Jenna Coleman, both were with huge q's , so I showed the crew my tickets, and it was like I had a Goldpass, I could enter immediately, and I did in both in 15 minutes total XD, so clashs makes it maybe even quicker for you :)

• Like 1

yes! thank you. so basically i have to find out which photoshoots are when and if they collide i need to get to the one i want the most as first. thanks for the help, i feel more informed now!

No, not the one you want most. You don't have to decide between the two and forego one. If you should have a clash when the schedule comes up please post in the schedule topic, the mods will happy to give you advice then. Generally please do what the others have recommended. But once we know what exactly the clash situation is we can recommend "go there first, then the other because..." if that makes sense.

yes! thank you. so basically i have to find out which photoshoots are when and if they collide i need to get to the one i want the most as first. thanks for the help, i feel more informed now!

No, not the one you want most. You don't have to decide between the two and forego one. If you should have a clash when the schedule comes up please post in the schedule topic, the mods will happy to give you advice then. Generally please do what the others have recommended. But once we know what exactly the clash situation is we can recommend "go there first, then the other because..." if that makes sense.

ok thank you! i hope it won't happen tho. i have only few photo shoots so i should be ok. i hope.

thank you for the help!