London Film & Comic Con Tickets - Temporarily Down

Photo shoot e - tickets could be called up in alphabetical order .A's to D's, E's to G's etc. . The buyers name is on the tickets.

Photo shoot e - tickets could be called up in alphabetical order .A's to D's, E's to G's etc. . The buyers name is on the tickets.

Let me guess - you're Mr Abraham Adam Aaronson right?

Fortunately my name is Mr Gold Pass , so it won't bother me.
  • Like 1

Still hoping that the photo tickets will be numbered. Don't really see how else it could work. Doesn't matter too much for smaller guests who have one 10-15 minute photo shoot but for the big guests it would be a nightmare. I think that for a big con to work there has to be order and clear rules so that people don't block walkways. I've been in queues for big guests where its been 1-400 in the morning and 400+ in afternoon and seen people refusing to leave the area even though crew tell them they need to stop blocking the walkway so I can imagine that this previously rare behaviour would considerably increase if there aren't clear guidelines. I think that numbered tickets encourage people to buy because if they don't have a gold pass it lessens their queue time. This incentive means SM have customers money in their bank for longer so have more money to get great guests. TBH unless some kind of ticketing system resumes I don't think I'll bother buying anymore photo tickets in advance unless a big guest who is likely to sell out is announced.

show masters have run there photo shoots generally brilliantly over the years and hopefully will continue too.
unlike some conventions around the world were it often resembles a battlefield.
and all conventions organizers have different rules and plans, but usually i find show masters to be the fairest.

for instance at one very large convention in the USA, i bought all my photo shoot tickets on-line months in advance getting charged £2.50 a ticket admin fees(not a order) + sterling to dollar conversion rates. to find out when i got there it, there was no type of ticket order -just first come first served.
so me having Simon Pegg ticket number 1(one) meant nothing as i was at the back of a very large queue of 400+ people and they were still selling tickets at the door.!!
which really made me mad as as i had bought a lot!!! of photo shoot tickets and i realiesed i wasted £50+ on admin fees as could bought tickets at the convention. but i ended up been in very!!! large photo shoot queues for over 8(eight)!! hours not been able to do anything else(talks,autographs,merchandise etc), just go from one large queue to another-even had to pay a crew member to get me a drink & sandwich, whilst i stood in line.

so hopefully show master will continue there high standards of organization, and work out some fair ways of how to organize photo shoot queues.
(maybe for e-tickets if no numbers-the time & date purchased on ticket-so those who bought early get in first(as a reward) rather than those who bought on line the day before-thus encouraging early purchases of photo shoot tickets)

I've posted this a couple of times already: it is being worked on.

I honestly don't know what the plan is, but I can guarantee you it is not going to turn into a free for all. Please don't worry. It is not being ignored. There's really no need for thoughts like "I won't buy any more photo tickets" after this change. They know about the mess these long lines can turn in. It will not happen.

Just be patient for a little while until the new system is announced please.

• Like 1

Just got a few questions about the e tickets on my phone -

I've just bought some tickets and added the EventBrite mobile app. Much easier than printing tickets off. When i go to look at the tickets on the phone though, it shows the name of the person the ticket is for, however it does not show the day or time it is for, unless the name of the guest is really short. Is there any way to see this information, as if you have a few photoshoot tickets it would be good to show which day and time they are for so you can keep track. Otherwise all you can see is the name. Is there some way to do this?

Also, can i see the tickets as a list, because at the moment I have to sideswipe to go through them, which if you had a lot of tickets, which I likely will by the show, is quite a lot of swiping. It would be great to just select the ticket i want straight away.

Finally is the QR square on the screen the bit that is scanned, i've seen people mention barcodes but its a qr square on a phone?

If anyone has any answers to these, thanks in advance.

The time of photoshoots appear on the schedule which TooTall prepares and isn't released (to date) until a week or so before the event.

i apologies if this has been answered already. With the Eventbrite app I've just downloaded, I've logged in and can see two QR codes for the two RDA tickets I bought. There is nothing to distinguish between the two. One is for me and the other for my wife. We're not always together queuing up. Do we both download the app, log in with the same account and the member of staff will just scan a qrcode. When the other person turns up they just present a qrcode from the app until one works?

Hope that makes sense.

• Moderators

i apologies if this has been answered already. With the Eventbrite app I've just downloaded, I've logged in and can see two QR codes for the two RDA tickets I bought. There is nothing to distinguish between the two. One is for me and the other for my wife. We're not always together queuing up. Do we both download the app, log in with the same account and the member of staff will just scan a qrcode. When the other person turns up they just present a qrcode from the app until one works?

Hope that makes sense.

That should be fine.

• Like 1

I'm all for etickets, but from what I've seen I would have said SM should have waited until the functionality with Eventbrite was sorted.

Since the validation charge is a necessity to make your tickets valid, then you cannot let people purchase a ticket that is invalid or worthless - to do so is illegal!

And no ticket numbering? Did SM know this before committing to using the service? Eventbrite doesn't have this functionality? I'm shocked...

I thought ticket numbers were an essential part of running big queues easier and without them, then LFCC 2015 photoshoots will descend into mad free for alls with the bigger guests. The timing idea at a glance sounds ok, but in practice, good luck with that :)

Edited by SciFiRob

I'm all for etickets, but from what I've seen I would have said SM should have waited until the functionality with Eventbrite was sorted.

Since the validation charge is a necessity to make your tickets valid, then you cannot let people purchase a ticket that is invalid or worthless - to do so is illegal!

And no ticket numbering? Did SM know this before committing to using the service? Eventbrite doesn't have this functionality? I'm shocked...

I thought ticket numbers were an essential part of running big queues easier and without them, then LFCC 2015 photoshoots will descend into mad free for alls with the bigger guests. The timing idea at a glance sounds ok, but in practice, good luck with that :)

There are no ticket numbers showing on the print out. It's not that the tickets are completely untrackable because of that.

It's been posted repeatedly: a system is being worked on at the moment and will be announced well before the event. The lines will not decend into a free for all. But I guess some people only believe it when they see it, no matter how many times we keep repeating it on here. :lol: