Diamond Pass Clarification

Hi, I have a question to do with the relationship between diamond and gold passes.

I have seen some people on here say that a gold pass can not be used as a vq for diamond guests. I understand that if the guest is diamond ONLY then the gold pass cannot be used, but if a diamond guest is doing open public signings (like Robert and Christopher both are), would a gold pass holder need to get a vq ticket?

Thanks.

Confirmed: under the circumstances descrived as above a Gold Pass holder will not need a VQ ticket, but Diamond Pass holders have priority.

• Like 1

Yes, would there be a possibility of having a +1 for the talks or something? What if the person you're attending with hasn't bought a diamond pass?

I'm trying to find out about possible exceptions for children. But if we're talking adults: if the talk is a Diamond Pass exclusive the person you're attending with will need a Diamond Pass too. There's still a lot to do at the show without a Diamond Pass. You could just split for a bit and meet up after the talk.

Thanks Queen Sindel.

I have a bit of a Diamond Pass quandary.

I have purchased a Diamond Pass for Robert Englund and had planned to attend on my own on the Sunday and bring my two sons (age 8 and 5) with me on the Saturday instead.

However, they are both Back to the Future Fans and really want to have the photoshoot with Doc and the Delorean, which is only on the Sunday.

Am I going to be able to have them with me in the make up photoshoot queue with Robert (in other photoshoots over the years, e.g. Carrie Fisher they were with me in the queue but just stood to one side when I had the photo) and also in the talk with the two Robert's which I believe are both scheduled for the Sunday. Also if I can have them with me in the talk is there likely to be any age limit on it, would clips from ANOES be shown for example as they wouldn't be old enough for this. Will they need virtual queue tickets to accompany me to get my auto from Robert with my Diamond pass ?

A few questions there I appreciate but as this is a first time for a diamond pass not quite sure on the protocol.

Yes they can be in the queue with you. As they are children they would usually be allowed to enter the photo shoot with the parent and then stand near the exit whilst the parent has the photo. But in this case as Robert will be "playing" Freddy it will not really be suitable for children to be in the room.

Clarification on the talk will follow as soon as possible.

In this case as it’s kids, they will also be allowed down the autograph queue with you without VTs. But everyone please remember this is because they are kids. Older children and adults can't join, they'd need a VT.

Hi, I have a question to do with the relationship between diamond and gold passes.

I have seen some people on here say that a gold pass can not be used as a vq for diamond guests. I understand that if the guest is diamond ONLY then the gold pass cannot be used, but if a diamond guest is doing open public signings (like Robert and Christopher both are), would a gold pass holder need to get a vq ticket?

Thanks.

Confirmed: under the circumstances descrived as above a Gold Pass holder will not need a VQ ticket, but Diamond Pass holders have priority.

Thanks QS, I'm off to get a gold pass now then!

• Moderators

Thanks.

Thanks QS, I'm off to get a gold pass now then!

Yeh, massively reassured by this

I have a bit of a Diamond Pass quandary.

I have purchased a Diamond Pass for Robert Englund and had planned to attend on my own on the Sunday and bring my two sons (age 8 and 5) with me on the Saturday instead.

However, they are both Back to the Future Fans and really want to have the photoshoot with Doc and the Delorean, which is only on the Sunday.

Am I going to be able to have them with me in the make up photoshoot queue with Robert (in other photoshoots over the years, e.g. Carrie Fisher they were with me in the queue but just stood to one side when I had the photo) and also in the talk with the two Robert's which I believe are both scheduled for the Sunday. Also if I can have them with me in the talk is there likely to be any age limit on it, would clips from ANOES be shown for example as they wouldn't be old enough for this. Will they need virtual queue tickets to accompany me to get my auto from Robert with my Diamond pass ?

A few questions there I appreciate but as this is a first time for a diamond pass not quite sure on the protocol.

Yes they can be in the queue with you. As they are children they would usually be allowed to enter the photo shoot with the parent and then stand near the exit whilst the parent has the photo. But in this case as Robert will be "playing" Freddy it will not really be suitable for children to be in the room.

Clarification on the talk will follow as soon as possible.

In this case as it’s kids, they will also be allowed down the autograph queue with you without VTs. But everyone please remember this is because they are kids. Older children and adults can't join, they'd need a VT.

Thanks Queen Sindel, that is helpful. I'll have to have a re-think on days and photoshoots I think, unless someone is available for some child sitting ?

Hey quick question, i have ordered my freddy diamond pass but i know when you order the event entry tickets they usally come few weeks before the event, but does that work the same way for the diamond pass tickets or do they come soon after you order them???

Hey quick question, i have ordered my freddy diamond pass but i know when you order the event entry tickets they usally come few weeks before the event, but does that work the same way for the diamond pass tickets or do they come soon after you order them???

The mailing process is the same for Diamond Pass. Sometimes the mailing happens within a couple of days, sometimes it takes some time.

Hi sorry if been asked but got a little confused with the way things written. I have bought Christopher Lloyd diamond pass. Is there a separate time for diamond pass holders for the signature or do we get priority when normally signing and if wanted more then one item signing how would that work. Sorry if been answered. Ps Merry Christmas

Hi sorry if been asked but got a little confused with the way things written. I have bought Christopher Lloyd diamond pass. Is there a separate time for diamond pass holders for the signature or do we get priority when normally signing and if wanted more then one item signing how would that work. Sorry if been answered. Ps Merry Christmas

Priority and the exact procedure for extras has not been confirmed. You'll likely be paying for them in line as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify something. I've just purchased my Robert Englund diamond pass but I can't afford a gold pass (too expensive for me right now). Since this acts as a VQ ticket, do I need to worry specifically about what time I turn up at the event? Entry is between 9 and 6 on Sunday. As long as I have an entry ticket, do I assume you go straight in and since you have your diamond pass, you don't need to worry about not making the specific events related to the diamond pass, such as photo shoot, talks etc.? This is my first time attending, so thanks for any heads up. I would have purchased a gold pass, but since I'm going really just to meet Robert, I didn't see much point in purchasing a gold pass, just for that and I didn't purchase any other photo shoots in case I missed this one and since this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I was worried I may miss it, which is why I am only going to meet Robert.

Thanks

Robin

• Moderators

As far as I am aware, the diamond pass will not get you any priority at the front doors, but as long as you arrive in good time in the morning you'll be fine - the timings of the events included in the diamond pass will be available when the schedule is published before the event, so you can estimate then how long you want to be there before the first one. (I imagine diamond pass events won't be scheduled very first thing to make sure people have the chance to get in.)

Well I've decided to take the plunge and purchase a gold pass since reviewing the material, it states those with a gold pass should be able to enter the event before regular entry people. I will probably attend on more than one day, but we'll see how that goes! I think I will try and turn up at least one hour before the actual event begins, I think this should be ample. I'm not going to turn up at a silly time.

Well I've decided to take the plunge and purchase a gold pass since reviewing the material, it states those with a gold pass should be able to enter the event before regular entry people. I will probably attend on more than one day, but we'll see how that goes! I think I will try and turn up at least one hour before the actual event begins, I think this should be ample. I'm not going to turn up at a silly time.

I think to be honest you would have been o.k., but it all depends on what time you were able to arrive and whether you are prepared to spend a long time queuing on the days. What the gold pass will give you in regard to entry is a much faster entry and also no need to get there ridiculously early in the morning, it would probably make sense if you can attend Friday as well to pick up your pass so you are all set for Robert's activities which are scheduled for Saturday and Sunday because Gold Pass holders will also need to queue as there could well be quite a few on arrival as well. Although if you can't it will still be fine, but just would give you peace of mind. As someone who has been going since the very first LFCC I just tend to get there very early to get near the front, but appreciate that is not everyone's cup of tea to arrive so early before opening ! Having said that, I've never actually needed a gold pass and have been able to get to all the photoshoots and get all the autos I wanted over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and never been to comicon so this year will be my first visit. I was looking at the Diamond Pass for Christopher Lloyd (huge BTTF fan), but not sure whether to get it or not. Is the talk with Christopher Lloyd open to everyone or just diamond pass holders? Also, do I need a vq ticket as well as diamond pass for an autograph?????

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and never been to comicon so this year will be my first visit. I was looking at the Diamond Pass for Christopher Lloyd (huge BTTF fan), but not sure whether to get it or not. Is the talk with Christopher Lloyd open to everyone or just diamond pass holders? Also, do I need a vq ticket as well as diamond pass for an autograph?????

You do not need a VQ ticket for Christopher with a Diamond Pass.

There has been no mentioning that tickets for the Christopher Lloyd talk will go on sale to all attendees.

Thanks for getting back to me.

This will be my first visit to comic con and i wondered if my partner can wait with me in the queues as i will have the diamond pass but he won't. He would not go into the talk or photoshoot etc but i can imagine queues might be long and it would be a bit of a nightmare if he couldn't wait with me.

Also, I was reading a previous question where someone asked if a meet and greet is included in the diamond pass. I wondered, if a different diamond pass is issued nearer the time which includes a meet and greet with Christopher, can i swap my one for that?

Thanks

The lines are moving quite fast, even if they look long. Kids can wait with their parents in line up to a certain age, but unless your husband has a ticket he won't be able to get in the photoshoot queue with you. Same thing for autographs - he at very least would require a virtual queue ticket and then he could not join the Diamond Priority line for Christopher Lloyd still. Hanging out with you for a talk (but there you really won't have to line up that much in advance in the first place) wouldn't be a problem as the tickets are only checked at entrance.

The Diamond Passes are fairly new. I really can't imagine they'll start off with two different types of passes for the same guest.

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry to ask again but did we find out how getting a second signature would work with diamond pass??

I think I remember that I read somewhere that you can purchase an additional autograph ticket and get his signature together with your Diamond pass signature.