Chances of receiving weird looks on the tube while in cosplay?

Last year I took the train from Twickenham and I felt a bit weird at the beginning of the journey, as it was only me in costume. An old lady asked me about it and I said I was going to a Film and Comic Convention. As I got closer to Earl's Court, more cosplayers came on so I didn't look weird any more. You should just not mind what other people might think.

• 1 month later...

Last year I took the train from Twickenham and I felt a bit weird at the beginning of the journey, as it was only me in costume. An old lady asked me about it and I said I was going to a Film and Comic Convention. As I got closer to Earl's Court, more cosplayers came on so I didn't look weird any more. You should just not mind what other people might think.

That's basically the situation I'll be in. I'm not too worried about the tube because a) it's comic con time and B) it's London anyway :P but from the quiet stations of Northamptonshire I'm likely to stick out like a sore thumb as I'll be in a period costume in the height of the summer.

charlesberg, absolutely do say hello if we bump into each other! :)

That's basically the situation I'll be in. I'm not too worried about the tube because a) it's comic con time and B) it's London anyway :P but from the quiet stations of Northamptonshire I'm likely to stick out like a sore thumb as I'll be in a period costume in the height of the summer.

You should pretend you've time travelled and keep asking people for help on modern things you wouldn't understand !
  • Like 3

You should pretend you've time travelled and keep asking people for help on modern things you wouldn't understand !

"Pardon me my lord/lady, would you be so kind as to tell me what year it is?"

• Like 1