Guest suggestions

Is Aidan Turner just wishful thinking? :)

Probably not wishful thinking. Just incredibly unlikely. But happy for him to have Eleanor Tomlinson tag along if really wants to come :)

How so? He's done a Showmasters event before and the Hobbit hasn't made him that famous yet.

Probably not wishful thinking. Just incredibly unlikely. But happy for him to have Eleanor Tomlinson tag along if really wants to come :)

How so? He's done a Showmasters event before and the Hobbit hasn't made him that famous yet.

Oh I know he has done an event before. I just think he is currently working on something and is probably unavailable. I'd be happy to be wrong. Would be a good guest given his popularity increase after Poldark.

Oh I know he has done an event before. I just think he is currently working on something and is probably unavailable. I'd be happy to be wrong. Would be a good guest given his popularity increase after Poldark.

Ah, well in that case :)

I only ask because on such short notice he'd be quite a big addition. :) But yes, I did see he's done a SM event before and would love a chance to meet him as I've loved everything he's been in that I've seen (Being Human, Poldark, Desperate Romantics & The Hobbit). I don't imagine he'd be a very likely announcement any time soon as, like I say, it's quite late now and I believe he's busy with the Secret Scripture right now, but hey, if MJF could happen for LFCC, I can still hope. :)

I only ask because on such short notice he'd be quite a big addition. :) But yes, I did see he's done a SM event before and would love a chance to meet him as I've loved everything he's been in that I've seen (Being Human, Poldark, Desperate Romantics & The Hobbit). I don't imagine he'd be a very likely announcement any time soon as, like I say, it's quite late now and I believe he's busy with the Secret Scripture right now, but hey, if MJF could happen for LFCC, I can still hope. :)

Would be a brilliant guest addition. Maybe we will all be surprised :)

Skeet Ulrich (Jericho, Scream, Law & Order: LA, Robot Chicken & As Good As it Gets)
Bailey Chase (Buffy, Ugly Betty, Longmire & Watch Over Me)
Christine Taylor (Dodgeball, Tropic Thunder, Arrested Development & Brady Bunch)
Alexa Davalos (Clash of the Titans, Chronicles of Riddick, Mob City & Angel)
Leven Rambin (Hunger Games, Tomorrow People, Terminator: Sarah Connor, :borg: All My Children & Percy Jackson)
Adam Kaufman (Without a Trace, Dawsons Creek & Buffy)

Last year there were 82 media guests attending the show, and at the moment there are only 37 media guests attending this year...

The fact it's under half the amount is quite worrying, and I'm for a bombardment of announcements in the next two weeks before the show.

Fingers crossed for Doctor Who and The Walking Dead guests specifically.

Not sure, but didn't they move the date to June so that they could get more media guests?

Last year there were 82 media guests attending the show, and at the moment there are only 37 media guests attending this year...

The fact it's under half the amount is quite worrying, and I'm for a bombardment of announcements in the next two weeks before the show.

Fingers crossed for Doctor Who and The Walking Dead guests specifically.

Not sure, but didn't they move the date to June so that they could get more media guests?

I'm not sure, but if they did it obviously hasn't worked.

If I'm honest I'm not expecting any more guests now as the event is next weekend.

LONDON! LONDON! LONDON!

Another big name guest. I don't think that I'm the only one who thinks that CM:MK is getting pushed out of the 'family' of Showmaster conventions. I always thought that this was the 'sister' con., it seems to me that the sister is getting shafted this year in the terms of the number of media guests or is CM:MK becoming a sports con?

• Like 3

The number of sports guests and media guests is about the same. There is just usually more media guests but there is still a lot on offer. Just less than there has been in the past few years. But as the event is so close the chance of more guests is falling. I still have people to meet on both Saturday and Sunday so I'm happy.

I just think that CM22 was poor and now CM23 looks like going the same way. If it wasn't for the fact that my wife wants to meet a couple of guests it would be a waste of time going and that goes for the early bird tickets as well, what is the point of that except to make money, they're not needed because there's not enough big name media guests going.

• Like 2

I also do believe we deserve at least one main Game of Thrones actor who's there for two days. Would love to meet Jerome Flynn as I wasn't there on sunday at LFCC Winter. Any main character would be nice though :) (one I haven't met of course).

Nell Tiger Free would be great to go with Toby Sebastian.

Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Melissa & Joey & Clarissa)
Robert Pattinson (Twilight, Harry Potter, Bel Ami & Water for Elephants)
David Lascher (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Blossom & Clueless)
Fab Filippo (Buffy, Detentionaire, The Dating Guy, Being Erica, Guidestones & Delilah & Julius)
Clea Duvall (Heroes, American Horror Story, The Faculty, Argo, The Event & Zodiac)
Jenna Von Oy (Blossom, The Parkers & Doctor Dolittle 3)

LONDON! LONDON! LONDON!

Another big name guest. I don't think that I'm the only one who thinks that CM:MK is getting pushed out of the 'family' of Showmaster conventions. I always thought that this was the 'sister' con., it seems to me that the sister is getting shafted this year in the terms of the number of media guests or is CM:MK becoming a sports con?

Agree with you that it's a disappointing media guests line up. Just glad that the sports line up is good though I do appreciate that they are not for everyone.